Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Bad moments. Hes clearly offski in the summer. Would of said replacing him is a huge issue a few months back but if hes going to play like that in big games he isn't that much of an issue to replace. Although when he wants to be excellent, he is excellent, just a pity that hasn't been very often this season. 

1 minute ago, Fulham Broadway said:

I don't suppose there were many from Belgian media last night asking him about a lucrative contract at Real Madrid

A Belgian reporter ran up to him as he left the Camp Nou but he went through his legs.

Come on guys, I know Courtois was horrendous in the match yesterday, but he does hardly put a foot wrong. This might be the first match in many which I think could be blamed on Courtois for a loss. All of you are just looking for a reason to hate on him because he has a big mouth in public, but so does Hazard, he was also horrendous yesterday. Yet when it comes to Hazard, the case suddenly becomes about not having good enough team mates. Atleast Courtois took it on himself and didn't shy away from criticism, could have just gone there like Hazard did with Conte and blame his poor performance on someone else.

I'm honestly wondering whether madrid would even want him at this point... de gea has been amazing and MU have been horrendous so maybe they will try to get him instead and, given MU's horrible performances, he might be tempted to go. atletico already have a world class gk too so not sure who else would want him.

he's really annoying me with his really sub-par play and with his constant talking up of a move to spain but i have a feeling chelsea and courtois will be stuck with each other for the time being...

9 hours ago, cfcs most wanted said:

Come on guys, I know Courtois was horrendous in the match yesterday, but he does hardly put a foot wrong.

Nah. If we're gonna settle for the level of goalkeeping that Courtois provides on a regular basis it's no wonder that this club is sliding into Arsenal territory. This is a guy who has no distribution whatsoever, is afraid or incapable of coming out of his six-yard box, and concedes far too many ridiculous goals for a supposedly top-GK. This is a guy who didn't want to be coached by Christophe fucking Lollichon, arguably one of the best GK coaches in the world.

9 hours ago, cfcs most wanted said:

All of you are just looking for a reason to hate on him because he has a big mouth in public

Again - nah. Some of us has just seen the light before the rest but even the Courtois backers will come around and realise that we can do much better than Courtois. The only reason Courtois hasn't been exposed as much as last night so far is our defensive structure. In past few years we've been one of the best teams at suppressing shots and yet when Courtois has been called into action he hasn't been up to it. That to me is the epitome of a "system goalkeeper", someone who needs his team to protect him more than the team needs him to protect them.

He is generaly very good golakeeper, but there are two things;

1.) He cant be relied upon. With Cech, you knew it was great asset to have, someone who can literaly win you game. Someone who will perform at very best when you need him. Someone who is as important as lets say strikers or midfielders. Same can be said about Neuer or Buffon or Oblak etc. Tibo while good goalkeeper, I just cant ever expect he will actualy put great performance. When we played barca in 2012, it was so obvious Cech will do his job and I felt calm when he was at goal. With Tibo its just impossible, he makes stupid shit and rarely steps forward and actualy gives that extra. Obviously he is gk and will makes some saves and he actualy makes some great saves. But with Cech we could play absolute shit, he would make save after save in same game and keep us in game. Tibo makes 2 great saves then he concedes. Bad luck or quality opponents, but Cech had so many amazing games throughout the career, while I could count on one hand of extraordinary games Tibo had.

2.) I dont see him personaly involved with the club or teammates. Cech looked realy settled here, you could see on the pitch or videos he was loyal to club and had great relationship with teammates. Tibo just doesnt have that. Surely you see some glimpses, but its clear thats not it.

Last year I finaly got feeling he has settled, gets along with everyone and began with that deep connection to the club, that he actualy gives a shit about Chelsea. But this season its again same old crap.

I usualy get quite attached to cfc players if they are quality or have that connection with club, for me its not that easy to see them leave. From Didi, Cech, Terry obviously but also to the likes of Eden, Costa or Luiz,...all had their great moments with the club and when they left/will leave, its always a sad day. But with Tibo, honestly if we sold him in summer and brought lets say Oblak, I wouldnt mind at the slightest.

He is very good goalkeeper, but he simply isnt great. And given he isnt exactly character or passionate about club, there isnt much to truly like about him tbh.

He has regressed so much as a goalkeeper. 

He doesn't even try anymore to catch crosses, he stays in his box.

He's shit at one on one, closing his first post, everyone knows they have good chance if they shoot low first post.

And he rarely catches the ball on shots, blocking in random fashion, ball often bouncing back towards opponents.

I don't really care if Courtois leaves.. Rip Real or PSG off and he can go if that's what he wants. There are many great young goalkeepers in the top leagues - Rico, Lafont, Alisson, Strakosha, Perin, Leno, etc etc.

I firmly believe that the goalkeepers role is not that important in modern football. Of course a good keeper can make a difference but the defense and the midfield is much more important. Barcelona were on their prime with Victor Valdes, Real won everything with Keylor Navas while MU struggles with De Gea.

I would be happy if Thibaut stayed as he is a great goallie but if we can sell him for good money and use that money to strenghten the midfield or defense then let it be. Keeping Kanté and Hazard would be much more important.