Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Just now, Mana said:

Oh @Jason, where are you? :ph34r:

Seriously, today finalised what I've been saying all along about Courtois. Today isn't the first time he did this, as he was beaten easily many times this season.

:lol: No way I'm gonna defend him tonight. Was shit. In fact, you're kinda right. When was the last time we came away from a game, thinking 'THANK GOD FOR COURTOIS!' or 'Courtois is definitely the MOTM!'?

54 minutes ago, Stats said:

How many easy goals he lets in that are driven in low is ridiculous on another level. DDG in goal for us and this game is probably 0-0. This is not just a one off game too. He lets in low-driven goals way too easily. Tonight, Van Aanholt's goal on Saturday. This has been happening past few seasons. Top keeper but his technical ability and being beaten with low driven efforts and nutmegs need to improve.

I actually gave you the "like" but had to take it away when I read "top keeper". He's not.

Courtois has been living off his Atletico reputation for too long now. Tonight he got exposed on the biggest stage of football.

5 minutes ago, Amblève. said:

I actually gave you the "like" but had to take it away when I read "top keeper". He's not.

Courtois has been living off his Atletico reputation for too long now. Tonight he got exposed on the biggest stage of football.

Seems to me that Courtois is good at stopping shots from distance but when it comes to saving from close range, he can be found wanting...quite easily in fact.

Their style helped enhance it as well. I can't think of a game other than away to Arsenal in Jan, where he's done anything of note.

I'm sure Willy will take his play at the weekend and hopefully longer.

35 minutes ago, Jason said:

Seems to me that Courtois is good at stopping shots from distance but when it comes to saving from close range, he can be found wanting...quite easily in fact.

Stopping shots from distance is a minimum requirement for goalkeepers though. If you can't stop those shots on a regular basis you aren't even an average keeper, so I can't praise Courtois for that, really.

im not even that mad if he makes a mistake, cant have a keeper without them, but these kind of mistakes in a crucial games like this after running his mouth every two weeks how he wants to leave the club sooner or later...idk...just leave. at least hazard is not a moron like him.

Courtois goes as far as the team goes. He never plays at a level or two above that of his teammates on the pitch and he certainly doesn't carry this team for extended periods of a season. When we're playing well Courtois will make his routine saves but when we're shit he's just as shit and usually a huge factor for why we're playing terribly and conceding goals.

Frankly, I'm also not sure his profile is compatible with teams that aspire to be possession-based. When your GK has zero ability on the ball and zero awareness what's in front of him you're always gonna have a huge problem playing out of the back and taking pressure off your backline. Occasionally he'll show good distribution but generally speaking his touch is simply too terrible and not consistent to think of him likely becoming a modern GK.

19 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Let's see how he gets on tonight, on the worlds biggest stage against a team that is expected to batter us. He's going to need a 'De Gea like' performance but I don't think he's capable of it in all honesty.

Ready to be proven wrong though and hope he does.

And there you have it, megged twice and just a complete shit performance.

International week coming up so he can revert to his usual mouthing off to the Belgian press about Madrid.

Watched 3 goals conceded again....Absolutely horrible performance.....How can a top class GK concede that first goal?...Especially at that angle.......Terrible positioning for the other 2 goals...Leaving the entire net open for them to score

He is the main culprit for that scoreline..