Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Paris Saint-Germain have made Thibaut Courtois aware of their interest in signing him and the Chelsea goalkeeper is open to their advances, a source close to the club told ESPN FC.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/soccer-transfers/story/3402251/chelsea-thibaut-courtois-interested-in-psg-move-after-approach-source

13 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

I am sure the club loves supporters like you

-so tell me do you still think our ''half Brazillian clown Willian needs to be sold ASAP'' ?

Yes, if it wasn't obvious from the likes I gave to some posters saying we should still sell him in the summer after the Barcelona game I'll say it here. I still think we should sell him in the summer and get as much money as we can for him. His patch of form 1.5 months won't suddenly erase the rest of his Chelsea career with us. Also I hope I'm wrong and he carries us through the Top 4 but I can't see his form lasting much longer.

7 minutes ago, Georgy said:

Yes, if it wasn't obvious from the likes I gave to some posters saying we should still sell him in the summer after the Barcelona game I'll say it here. I still think we should sell him in the summer and get as much money as we can for him. His patch of form 1.5 months won't suddenly erase the rest of his Chelsea career with us. Also I hope I'm wrong and he carries us through the Top 4 but I can't see his form lasting much longer.

So to get this right, you come on here to moan about Courtois alleged lack of loyalty and calling him a rat for potentially wanting to move, but at the same time you would happily bin off a boyhood Chelsea fan like he's a piece of crap?

10 minutes ago, Tomo said:

So to get this right, you come on here to moan about Courtois alleged lack of loyalty and calling him a rat for potentially wanting to move, but at the same time you would happily bin off a boyhood Chelsea fan like he's a piece of crap?

It's the best for the club, he is 30 years old and has never been starting material in my opinion. If he is happy to come from the bench and make an impact guess would be ok and sell Pedro instead while upgrading on him. Thing is we can command a higher fee for Willian and replace him with someone who may start most of our games . I respect Willian for always trying his best but if we can get a big fee for him and actually replace him with someone like Asensio it's a nothing short of a great deal. Courtois can be Oliver Kahn if he continues to bitch and give those half arsed performances whats the point of keeping him? Also looking at rumours Chelsea are willing to let him go which is not surprising.

Fickle bunch... 
Wanted to go Madrid - slated him
Poised to sign a contract - loved him
Talks with PSG -He's a rat 

no-one really knows whats going on, he's hinted at signing a contract that is all we can go by. I wouldn't blame him for going to Madrid if its for his family. but PSG would hurt
He talks too much. That much is certain and it's becoming more than annoying now

3 hours ago, MCM4PR3Z said:

He said: "Yes. I don't understand why our coach took Hazard off. He is our best attacking player and the player that is most able to force another goal for the win against United. But maybe he had a good reason. We will discuss this internal."

"We will discuss this internal" - since he was going to say that, then why did he even question Conte in the public to begin with? I can appreciate it when a player is being honest but questioning the manager in the public doesn't seem like a good idea, especially when we've had enough problems of late. Why add more to the problem? It won't be a surprise if the media pounce on this if/when we lose our next few games.

The news was released by RTBF - the Belgian French-speaking public state media.

My translation:

"It was an ultra-secret meeting in an unlikely and very discreet London hotel on Monday after the 2-1 defeat of Chelsea against Manchester United".

Around the table, Thibaut Courtois with his father Thierry. And representatives of PSG. The discussions lasted two hours and inevitably turned around the financial considerations of a possible transfer of the goalkeeper to Paris.

But it was also talked a lot about sports. Thibaut Courtois wants to join a club capable of winning the Champions League (he was an unfortunate finalist with Atlético Madrid in 2014). "In the course of the discussions, Thibaut insisted in particular on the winning-spirit that is still missing at PSG", according to one of his relative. "The PSG has not yet won major competitions anchored in it. It is not its DNA as it can be in other major European clubs. And that is what scares Thibaut. He wants the guarantee that the club has this ambition. There is only that which interests him"

Contacted this Wednesday, the PSG press service does not want to comment. Christophe Henrotay, the manager of the Belgian goalkeeper, did not answer our calls. Recently cited be very close to Real Madrid, a club he wanted to join for also personal reasons ((his two children, Adriana and Nicolas live in Madrid with their mother, to whom Thibaut is separated), the goalkeeper of Chelsea was on the brink of taking the place of goalkeeper of the club during the recent winter mercato. "The two sides had agreed," says our source. "And then, at the time of finalizing the last details, the transaction was not made. But it was not really lacking much. The transfer to Real remains clearly open for the next summer transfer window".

Under contract with Chelsea until June 30, 2019, Thibaut Courtois should leave the Premier League at the end of the season. And when the World Cup begins in Russia, the former goalkeeper of Genk will be more than likely in Paris or Madrid.

30 minutes ago, BXL70 said:

The likes of Terry, Lampard, Ballack, Zola, Drogba etc. never behaved like that. 

You weren't about under the Benitez, AVB and Scolari reigns then? Thats before we mention the first two using their status to get new deals oh and Drogba speaking out with public transfer requests for about a year.

The thing I'm worried most about him leaving is what will Hazard do. "I sign if he signs", well what if Tibo doesn't sign? The danger of losing ALL Conte, Courtois and Hazard in one window is becoming greater every day. Losing one of three we would stay afloat, but three key figures all at once? I'm afraid what that would do to us, our board is incapable of plugging such huge holes in a World Cup summer with shortened transfer window and increasingly likely without CL next season. 

29 minutes ago, BXL70 said:

The likes of Terry, Lampard, Ballack, Zola, Drogba etc. never behaved like that. 

This Drogba?

"Since the day I arrived, I wanted to leave Chelsea and then again every summer" (https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2323587/Didier-Drogba-I-want-to-quit-Chelsea.html)

5 minutes ago, pHaRaOn said:

This Drogba?

"Since the day I arrived, I wanted to leave Chelsea and then again every summer" (https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2323587/Didier-Drogba-I-want-to-quit-Chelsea.html)

Yeah, I don't think I've seen a more blatant wantaway than Drogba at that time. It's actually a huge turnaround that he stayed and went on to become one of the greatest ever, so I forgive him. :D

I'd miss Courtois the keeper because when he's good he's very good. I won't miss Courtois the person. In fact, I'd be glad to see the back of him so long as we get a quality replacement.

Hazard must be offered the moon and the stars in order to convince him to stay. Courtois can fuck off for all I care.