Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

On 08/12/2017 at 2:40 PM, Tomo said:

I imagine you would be bothered very quickly if we fail to replace him properly, which is very possible.

This is my only worry. As long as we got someone like Oblak to replace him, I’m absolutely fine with it. Some other interesting keepers to keep an eye (who I wouldn’t mind to replace Courtois) on are Donnarumma or Kepa. 

I know it's just a ScoutNation video (best compilations on Youtube though in my opinion), but Kepa does look damn fine, in fact he hardly seems different than Courtois when he was at Atletico (though no young keeper will pull the likes of double-saves Thibaut did against Real Madrid.)
Definitely going to watch some of his games this season. There's a very dodgy penalty save in that video though. Needs to improve handling; but has some of the best reflexes. I wonder how he'd do with a higher defensive line.

13 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
8 hours ago, Jason said:
Made 2 good saves to deny Austin today but probably won't get praised because he's not De Gea and doesn't 'make' saves. :chai:

He'll always be criticized for the things he doesn't do rather than being praised.

When Nose stops talking about leaving us each time a journalist asks him something and signs a new contract I'm sure a lot more people will start to praise him.

4 hours ago, Georgy said:

When Nose stops talking about leaving us each time a journalist asks him something and signs a new contract I'm sure a lot more people will start to praise him.

Hazard constantly flirts with Real Madrid and always hints at leaving for them. Yet, people praise him till no end every week...

Hazard showers us in love, 9/10 performances, character, charm. 

Courtois has only ever showered us in bitter words.

There's a world of difference. Especially when you consider that despite selfishly wanting Hazard at the club for life, some of us genuinely are intrigued to see the type of player he'd become at one of the top 2 in Spain. There's not much to be excited about as a neutral if Courtois leaves.

When someone's shown you loads of love, it's somewhat easier to swallow if they leave you for their original love eventually if they get the chance. But when someone has never shown you love, consistently uses your money and status, and then on top of that, decides they just don't want to be around anymore, surely it's understandable to act like a bitter, drunk Russian on the verge of murder.
Courtois & us has been like, a young budding actress getting with one of the hottest directors around, & living a Hollywood lifestyle through us by getting far more spotlight than he would have had he not taken advantage of our interest. Now that he's established as a star, because of us, instead of staying with us and performing in our bigger movies to come, he'd rather spread his legs and fly away.:drunk:Fucking whore.

Hazard has been poor for the last few games, but people think the sun shines out of his ass because of his Backheel FC bullshit.

Courtois does his job and makes key saves and then gets criticised for doing his job, quite laughable really. I'm not sure what people are expecting from Thibaut?

It's in Belgian blood to talk. Shocked Michy has hardly said a word during his time this far, but I presume he doesn't have many admirers.

10 hours ago, Simon1991 said:

Lol what? He's been the best chelsea player in 3 of the last 4 matches, how can you even say that?

That's the problem though. You are right he has been the best player in the last 3 matches but that just goes to show how poor everyone else has been because Eden has been operating at 70% of what he is cable of in those matches.

You're really harsh with the team. They haven't played city-esque football, but they were more than decent, except against the Hammers of course.

I see what you mean about Hazard but come on, you cannot expect him to pull out 10/10 performances week in week out, he's been performing at a really good level lately.

In any case, nowhere near "poor".

On 17/12/2017 at 7:57 PM, Simon1991 said:

Lol what? He's been the best chelsea player in 3 of the last 4 matches, how can you even say that?

If you're happy to call Hazard our best player in that period of time because of those little 5-minute windows where he decides to play, then knock yourself out. Other than the Newcastle game where he was truly electric, he's not looked anywhere close to 100%.

10 hours ago, BlueLion. said:

If you're happy to call Hazard our best player in that period of time because of those little 5-minute windows where he decides to play, then knock yourself out. Other than the Newcastle game where he was truly electric, he's not looked anywhere close to 100%.

Who has been performing at a higher level than him those last games? I am curious to hear your opinion.

Also, why say he's been poor? You saying that really gave the impression you were having a go at him when he should really be the last one to be criticized along with Kante in this team. 

And Courtois is getting more stick from the fans for what he says in the media, not for his game input.