Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Doubt many would complain if we swapped him for Oblak. I wouldn't miss his big mouth in the media, that's for sure.

But it is believed Paris St Germain are looking to buy Oblak and are prepared to pay the £89m release clause in his contract.

Oblak showed in the 1-1 draw with Chelsea on Tuesday night that he is one of the best in the world after making a string of fine saves.

Should the 24-year-old move to PSG, then Atletico will have the funds to buy Courtois as his replacement.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/thibaut-courtois-confirms-he-will-consider-quitting-chelsea-for-family-reasons-a3713746.html

If he wants to leave for his family, no one can complain about that. Fantasy it sounds but i would push for a swap with Oblak(and even push for some change) Tibo goes back to Madrid and we get a good replacement.

19 hours ago, yuvala said:

Most of the "should go in" kind of shots really go in and in a top keeper you expect Courtois to stop quite a few of these.  When was the last time he really made you go "Oh wow, boy what a keeper this guy is!!" Because for me atleast the answer is I cant remember, long ago..

Nope. For me the definition of top keeper is the one who save all shot that should have been saved and rarely make mistakes. Sound simple but only top keeper does theese. 

Typical headline sensationalism from Evening Standard. Basically, he said same thing as Morata, i.e. he would like to come back to Spain at some point of his life.

"Everybody knows that due to my personal situation, Spain attracts me. If it is not now, it will be in some years."

"I'm calm. I'm happy at Chelsea. I just want to wait (over contract talks) because now there are many games and I prefer to have my head focused on that."

Courtois is one of, if not the only player I really dislike from our squad. I don't think he has lived up to the hype for years now too. He was immense at Athletico... came here and just makes simple saves abd catches the ball well. He doesn't really make huge saves like De Gea does.

I had forgotten that Courtois’s family was back in spain. Can’t blame a man for wanting to be with his children. 

Going to be so nervous to see how we replace him. Who are the possible options, besides Oblak? 

2 hours ago, the wes said:

The options are slim not many keepers can fill Courtois boots Kepa Arrizabalaga is a decent keeper 

Apparently Real Madrid are really pushing for Arrizabalaga, or so says Marca and AS. Which would not make much sense if they were going for Courtois. You know, classic media stuff.

3 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

I had forgotten that Courtois’s family was back in spain. Can’t blame a man for wanting to be with his children. 

Going to be so nervous to see how we replace him. Who are the possible options, besides Oblak? 

I must say I wasn't aware of that as well. Fair enough then. 

2 hours ago, BlueStorm1003 said:

Apparently Real Madrid are really pushing for Arrizabalaga, or so says Marca and AS. Which would not make much sense if they were going for Courtois. You know, classic media stuff.

The rumour is that PSG will go for Oblak

Then Atletico will buy back Courtois.

Real will go for Arrizabalaga if De Gea pursuit ends up in failure.

Don't know what's the big problem people have with Courtois, he has been an excellent keeper and has established himself as a solid no.1. what are people whining about, he hasn't put a foot wrong in any game . Stop looking for problems where there aren't any.

2 hours ago, cfcs most wanted said:

Don't know what's the big problem people have with Courtois, he has been an excellent keeper and has established himself as a solid no.1. what are people whining about, he hasn't put a foot wrong in any game . Stop looking for problems where there aren't any.

Well we care about the personality players have, and the attitudes they display towards our club. Is that blasphemous? 

As soon as the team plays poorly Courtois plays just as badly; he never plays at a level above the team for a string of games. That, for me, is THE indicator that he is nowhere near De Gea and Neuer. De Gea may make highlight saves and shit but that guy drags his team to wins. I don't care care how he accomplishes that, he just does it. I don't think anyone would give a shit about it either if he was doing that for us.