test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Domino-

Thibaut Courtois

Started by Domino-,

7,721 posts in this topic
3 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

Else just sell him for around 50m mark and move on with it.

Who can you think is going to give us that? Theres been 1 bid in of £35mill.

We should have sold him last summer

Not sure if I'm ready for relying on Bulka in the PL yet but open to giving the lad some game time. All depends on that Belgian chappy. I'd rather we sold him and put it all into another one just as long as they can do a decent job. We know theres not many out there to buy right now and I bet the board would rather sell him now than gamble on a cheap sell in Jan or a walk come the summer.

I really cant see him staying.

Just now, Unionjack said:

Who can you think is going to give us that? Theres been 1 bid in of £35mill.

We should have sold him last summer

Not sure if I'm ready for relying on Bulka in the PL yet but open to giving the lad some game time. All depends on that Belgian chappy. I'd rather we sold him and put it all into another one just as long as they can do a decent job. We know theres not many out there to buy right now and I bet the board would rather sell him now than gamble on a cheap sell in Jan or a walk come the summer.

I really cant see him staying.

Thats why i said ... let him rot for a year. Perfectly fine with him going for free, let his agent worked out on the 50m thing.

High time the club starts dictating terms like how we did with Barca on Willian (different thing we went a little overboard :)

I dont want him to stay!!! 

1 hour ago, whats happening said:

club has lost it's identity and leaderiship, quite sad to see.

On the contrary. We are showing Real that they can't bully us for our prize assets. This is our identity. Even though I want this ungreatful piece of shit gone, it's good to see we don't let the bullboys of Europe take the piss out of us like they do with everybody else. 

ulsterchelsea and Unionjack like this

Just now, ulsterchelsea said:

Cannot wait to see the back of him. HATE his attitude. And now his agent is out pushing a move. Just sell him. He's not worth worrying about. Get schmeicle 

I can see us getting Schmeics by the deadline. I would be extremely happy with that too. I think he would suit this club. He has a fantastic attitude and very professional. His dad brought him up well.

Johnnyeye and ulsterchelsea like this

PSG got too many quality keepers, really think we could get one of theirs at short notice. we aren`t going to get someone of Courtois on field quality but could get someone to give us time to find our longterm replacement or help Bulka grow into that role. a goalkeeper with less talent than Courtois could give us a better season than having a half hearted Courtois.

The only keeper I see us realistically getting this close to the deadline, and for a semi-reasonable price is Butland. 

Leicester have shown with us over Drinkwater, Mahrez the last couple of seasons and Maguire this summer that they won't sell cheap and be bullied by the big teams. This close to the window if we went for Schmeichel we would be paying a hugely inflated sum. 

I'm pretty sure the club wanted Alisson and once he expressed a desire to move to Liverpool we were left with goalkeepers none of which we hugely favoured. I would rather we didn't spend silly money on a keeper we're not 100% sold on and in a year or two's time we're looking to replace them with a better keeper and struggling to recoup a reasonable amount of money in comparison to what we originally paid. 

So for me we either keep Courtois this next season. The best keeper option but completely depends not just on his attitude and professionalism but also if the fans turn on him this season knowing he'll be leaving would not be good for the atmosphere.

Or we go for someone like Butland, an obvious downgrade on Courtois but a significant upgrade on our other options and who wouldn't cost ridiculous money. He would either make the step up to the next level but if he didn't I'm confident we could recoup most if not all the investment back on him in a couple of seasons time if we looked to change keepers (mid-table teams would be prepared to pay good money for him).

26 minutes ago, DDA said:

On the contrary. We are showing Real that they can't bully us for our prize assets. This is our identity. Even though I want this ungreatful piece of shit gone, it's good to see we don't let the bullboys of Europe take the piss out of us like they do with everybody else. 

ye we will really show them who is the boss when he leaves next summer for free. that will teach them a lesson.

44 minutes ago, whats happening said:

ye we will really show them who is the boss when he leaves next summer for free. that will teach them a lesson.

Its about principle. Rather let the fucker rot on the bench than sell him for peanuts. 

i agree, but saying that we are some though bully who no one cant fuck with is stupid. we are the laughing stock among the big clubs when it comes to transfers.

Why can't his kids just move to London? It wouldn't be the first family in history having to relocate because of daddy's job just saying

Sell him and be stuck with Willy and Green?

Look at the bigger picture

Why can't his kids just move to London? It wouldn't be the first family in history having to relocate because of daddy's job just saying

They live with his former partner. She ain't going to move for him

58 minutes ago, whats happening said:

i agree, but saying that we are some though bully who no one cant fuck with is stupid. we are the laughing stock among the big clubs when it comes to transfers.

Negotiating incomings is what we are slated for, when it comes to teams buying our players we are widely considered one of the best around.

Johnnyeye and Superblue_1986 like this

4 hours ago, Polo7 said:

£30m is actually nothing in this market. It gets you Danny Drinkwater. I’d let the fucker rot on the bench. As someone said we sold a legend to keep this guy and he basically spits it back in our face. Fuck him.

Remember what he said during or immediately after the WC? 'They won't bench me, I am fine.' His arrogance is something else. I wish we had a proper back up to bench him indeed.

Unionjack likes this

3 hours ago, DDA said:

I can see us getting Schmeics by the deadline. I would be extremely happy with that too. I think he would suit this club. He has a fantastic attitude and very professional. His dad brought him up well.

Are we actually even looking for Courtois' replacement? Ever since Liverpool signed Alisson, we have heard absolutely nothing on the GK front with the exception of a few fleeting rumors and that Schmeichel rumors seemingly came about only because of his penalty heroics against Croatia. Would think if we are searching for a new no.1, we would have heard something concrete by now. It feels like we're either willing to keep Courtois and let him go for free next year OR somehow maintaining the hope we can persuade him to stay.

2 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

Because of its a load of shit. he willingly signed a contract extension after his kids were born.

If he leaves, my choice would be Schmeichel for a year (or two). The likes Areola and Butland represent gambles. Even Sergio Rico, who I like, could come in and struggle or even flop and Chels can't risk that at this moment. Not with defensive line.

Schmeichel is clear downgrade but he's very experienced (also won a title, that counts for something) and he's proven himself to be a solid GK in the PL. Sign him and I think you can count on him to at least do a decent job.

We'll either force this rat to stay and leave for free next summer or panic buy Pepe Reina after he just moved on deadline day.

I'm convinced he will leave but still not buying all these stories about his agent and what not, we can't believe any of this, surely the first thing we would hear is him handing in a transfer request?