Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

39 minutes ago, MCM4PR3Z said:

PSG also sees him as a top target for next summer. Much closer to home, is French for a part and more chance to win the CL. So I won't celebrate too early even if the Real deal is finished.

Fair point mate 

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

De Gea hasn't signed any new contract with United, has he? Real Madrid might still go after him if they look at his performance at Arsenal.

De Gea has been the best for a few seasons now... This Arsenal game doesn't change a lot.

Tibo is physically incapable of doing some of the things DDG does because of his massive size. Not much between them from a pure shot stopping point of view. DDG is just far more agile and can make better twitchy reactions.

With Chelsea he has all his wonderful natural ability, but none of the mentality that he chooses to switch on/off. He just doesn't care enough. And i can blame him for that, because it's totally out of touch and lacking perspective to not see that we brought him to the big stages, we chose to loan him to a team that could win a bloody title over Barcelona/Real with, we have paid him unfathomable amounts compared to his other clubs.

I don't expect him to love the club, but at least to respect it more, and give all that he can. Cech may've declined a lot, but he gives his all for Arsenal. He respects them for giving him a chance, and he always throws his body on the line for them just like he did here.
I saw a far wider variety of saves & dives from Courtois in Spain than here. Because he used to give a shit.  

6 hours ago, Leif said:

With Chelsea he has all his wonderful natural ability, but none of the mentality that he chooses to switch on/off. He just doesn't care enough. And i can blame him for that, because it's totally out of touch and lacking perspective to not see that we brought him to the big stages, we chose to loan him to a team that could win a bloody title over Barcelona/Real with, we have paid him unfathomable amounts compared to his other clubs.

I don't expect him to love the club, but at least to respect it more, and give all that he can. Cech may've declined a lot, but he gives his all for Arsenal. He respects them for giving him a chance, and he always throws his body on the line for them just like he did here.
I saw a far wider variety of saves & dives from Courtois in Spain than here. Because he used to give a shit.  

How does he disrespect the club though? By having an ugly mug that looks sad all the time or lanky posture?

It's just the way he is

1 hour ago, Jason said:

We all know these stats dont really mean that much.. Courtois is just not impressive at all lately. He rarely makes saves that make you go "wow" anymore..

Most of the "should go in" kind of shots really go in and in a top keeper you expect Courtois to stop quite a few of these.  When was the last time he really made you go "Oh wow, boy what a keeper this guy is!!" Because for me atleast the answer is I cant remember, long ago..

It's time people start admitting he's not been that good for at least a few months now. He's not making the saves we're expecting him to and really he just looks straight out of confidence.

23 minutes ago, yuvala said:

We all know these stats dont really mean that much.. Courtois is just not impressive at all lately. He rarely makes saves that make you go "wow" anymore..

Because his positioning is so good he doesn't need too. If keepers were judged on how spectacular their saves looked then Shay Given would be the undisputed best keeper off all time.

33 minutes ago, yuvala said:

Most of the "should go in" kind of shots really go in and in a top keeper you expect Courtois to stop quite a few of these.  When was the last time he really made you go "Oh wow, boy what a keeper this guy is!!" Because for me atleast the answer is I cant remember, long ago..

It's time people start admitting he's not been that good for at least a few months now. He's not making the saves we're expecting him to and really he just looks straight out of confidence.

I don't think that Courtois has been out of form, you can't expect a keeper to stop all kinds of shots coming at him. I don't think there has been a single moment all season where I would have wondered about Courtois's form. A keeper is no god. he hasn't all season ever put in a bad performance to be worrying about him.