Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

14 hours ago, the wes said:

I have a bad feeling we are going end up with Sanchez saga with Courtois I rather sell him in the summer than see Courtois leave on a freebie 2bh there's not many great replacements for Courtois tho :(

If we sell Tibo, there is Oblak. 

Once again, he doesn't give a shit about the club, and once again, there are many, many goalkeepers barely a shade under his ability - we should've always been excited at the idea of cashing in on a 50m+ goalkeeper (presuming there's no intention from the board to splash out on 2-3 B-rate players again instead of buying a superstar.)

Considering a replacement would be very costly in the current climate, we should want at least 65m - but who needing a goalkeeper is willing to pay that? (Nobody to my knowledge.) He probably want to leave on a freebie so his dear Atletico can afford him.

Considering the top 5 leagues & not the potentially great prospects in the lower ones, instantly the following few come to mind - Allsson (getting better every few games, despite already being one of the best around), Strakosha (he's either very, very hot - or quite cold game to game. He's 22), and Oblak (best choice in my opinion; reminds me most of Cech). 
In order I'd go for - Oblak; Alisson; Strakosha. Strak is a wild card.

What we need is a dependable goalkeeper more-so than a remarkable one, and Oblak certainly fits that.

He wants to be in Madrid where his children grow up. He also likes the daily life much more there. Courtois-Chelsea is just not a perfect match, that can happen. Chelsea should ask a big amount next summer but also not be unreasonable since he has been under contract for a long period, has one year left and because of his children that live there.

He will become a better goalkeeper at Real Madrid than he would become in Chelsea, we can't blame the staff anything if he becomes the undisputed best goalkeeper in the world for 10 years in a row.

I think people are wildly overestimating the potential amount we'd get for him. Unless PSG absolutely must have him at any cost. They're the only club who would pay silly money. Real Madrid were only willing to go up to £30m or so for De Gea if I remember correctly. They've not shown that they're ready to pay superstar, outfield player money for a keeper.

If he doesn't extend here I definitely think he'll run his contract down and sign for free somewhere. And when he does, I hope we target a new keeper in the DDG/Lloris/Ederson mould who is excellent with his feet in addition to with his hands.

When Madrid were targeting De Gea he was a luxury. Since then, Madrid have somewhat bombed, and I think they'd recognise Courtois is the more worthy player. At least £50m, surely. The board wouldn't let him walk for free; they'll sooner offer him £350k-£400k a week. 

34 minutes ago, Leif said:

When Madrid were targeting De Gea he was a luxury. Since then, Madrid have somewhat bombed, and I think they'd recognise Courtois is the more worthy player. At least £50m, surely. The board wouldn't let him walk for free; they'll sooner offer him £350k-£400k a week. 

I just can't see anyone paying that for a keeper. Even in a time where fees for players are out of control. Especially a club like Real Madrid where you don't even need a world class keeper to be successful. They just won the CL twice without one. He would be a luxury player.

Never mind Courtois, there are still some others whose contract expire in the summer of 2019. Fabregas, Cahill, Pedro, Luiz, Courtois etc. Not sure what the board are playing at. We're so close to entering dangerous territory with the negotiations and there's been no indication whether those players will be sold or retained.

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

Never mind Courtois, there are still some others whose contract expire in the summer of 2019. Fabregas, Cahill, Pedro, Luiz, Courtois etc. Not sure what the board are playing at. We're so close to entering dangerous territory with the negotiations and there's been no indication whether those players will be sold or retained.

We will replace them. For example Barkley for Fabregas, Moura for Pedro/Willian, and we have good CBs. It's only Courtois (and Hazard) whose contract situation worries me.

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

Tbh im not too bothered with the other 4. If we go into 19/20 with any of them as starters then something is seriously wrong.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Tbh im not too bothered with the other 4. If we go into 19/20 with any of them as starters then something is seriously wrong.

Obviously not. Not suggesting we should keep them to remain as starters but perhaps as bench options. Even then, what's our plan with them? Keep or sell? If we sell them, then we're gonna have to buy a number of players, something which our board have struggled with in recent times especially getting high quality players.

19 minutes ago, Jason said:

Obviously not. Not suggesting we should keep them to remain as starters but perhaps as bench options. Even then, what's our plan with them? Keep or sell? If we sell them, then we're gonna have to buy a number of players, something which our board have struggled with in recent times especially getting high quality players.

Given they will be 32/33 at that time, i would imagine their use even as squad players would likely be declining fast so we will have to find replacements either way. Maybe we can sound out United in the summer see if they fancy any of them for £40m :D

Apparently him/his agent and the club have put contract talks on hold to towards the end of the season. Or that’s what the rumors are.

I don’t see any issue, his deal expires in 2019, why is everybody so concerned the club should be looking to achieve as much as they can this season then deal with the contracts. There’s talk of Madrid and Tibo but there’s been talk of Madrid before he even made his first competitive game for Chelsea. It’s nothing new. Come the latter stages of the season I reckon 3 or 4 players will be close to sealing new deals. Strengthening in January has got to be top priority at CF and LWB.

I think the clubs also probably concerned about possibly having to find another manager at the end of the season, personally don’t think Conte will go but if the January transfer window doesn’t show some sort of push towards who Conte wants as opposed to the club then that along with rumors of Italy, Milan, PSG, whoever else wanting him, Carlo’s availability and apparent willingness “to work at Chelsea” again who knows?

22 hours ago, Leif said:

Once again, he doesn't give a shit about the club

Based on what? Plastics like you clearly get more enjoyment attacking Chelsea players/board/manager than from supporting Chelsea. 

The media hate Chelsea, if you blindly believe what they say about Chelsea, you will look stupid. 

7 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Apparently him/his agent and the club have put contract talks on hold to towards the end of the season. Or that’s what the rumors are.

I don’t see any issue, his deal expires in 2019, why is everybody so concerned the club should be looking to achieve as much as they can this season then deal with the contracts. There’s talk of Madrid and Tibo but there’s been talk of Madrid before he even made his first competitive game for Chelsea. It’s nothing new. Come the latter stages of the season I reckon 3 or 4 players will be close to sealing new deals. Strengthening in January has got to be top priority at CF and LWB.

Not a major concern at present but if we get to the later part of the summer without an extension the power is fully in his court. If you look at Ozil and Sanchez, as soon as the season starts its been inevitable that they are 1) going cheap in Jan or 2) walking for free in the summer. The sooner this contract is tied up the better