test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Domino-

Thibaut Courtois

Started by Domino-,

7,694 posts in this topic

Honestly hope we sell him and replace him with Alisson before he pulls our shirt on again. Tired of him.  Just go back to Spain, ffs.

BXL70 and Johnnyeye like this

Real Madrid is apparently prepared to pay only 30£m given that 1. Thibaut will not sign a new contract at Chelsea leaving him free to leave for nothing next summer 2. He wants to join Real for family reasons.. This B*** is playing hard game with our club. Marina as the reputation to be tough. She must get to another level to destroy that game so that we get the max money out of it. And good riddance. I have had enough of that arrogant mercenary.

the wes and Johnnyeye like this

Is he going to start saying he never intended to leave and all the reports of the begging letters were media BS after RM dont come for him?

I dont care personally where he goes as long as its not in PL but I'd crack up if he didn't go to Spain after missing his family oh so much.

He came out with some shit the other day in a interview saying he had not seen his children in months apart from web cams!! What a load of bollox. You telling me he can;t jump a plane? Its only a 3+hour flight and faster if he chartered a private jet. Not like hes short of a bob or two. He could go a couple of times a week. It would be no better for him if he went to France.

But I say give him the Spanish Archer and try and get Allison or Done a runner. as long as we dont have Willy as our starter. (His contracts up same time as Tibos so need a backup too cause he will prob go on a free)

Johnnyeye likes this

3 hours ago, the wes said:

I'll gald to see the back off Courtois he's got very unprofessional attitude mocking Pickford cause he's not tall for a keeper 

How on earth stating the obvious that taller goalkeeper would probably save that Januzaj' shot is "mocking"? Crazy how sensitive and easily offended people are.

OneMoSalah and Unionjack like this

On 31. 5. 2018 at 1:30 AM, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

In the minority here, but I’ve always been a supporter of Courtois. Man has been a fantastic GK for CFC. Just because he’s not a yer da ‘ blind loyalist shouldn’t lead to people acting like he wasn’t a Top GK for us. Let him go to Spain and be with his family, that's obviously at the heart of his refusal to extend his contract. 

People forget, but at the end, Cech was very shaky dealing with crosses, FKs & corners. TBO stepped in and showed A1 command of his penalty area. Admittedly, he hasn’t pulled off many “iconic” performances like Cech, DDG or even Atletico TBO, but he’s been solid nontheless. 

i dont dislike him per se, but there is nothing likeable about him either. He always talks about spain and real and atletico and this and that, never shuts up and commits. Secondly, his performances arent that fantastic either. He isnt bad or average Gk at all, he is very good. But not world class. Cech was, he could change the game on his own, something you rarely see from GKs. He was commited and always gave his all. Tibo fails miserably when we realy realy need him in 8/10 games. But obviously he saved us few times and Cech made big mistakes few times, but generaly, Cech was more dependable. When we played big side, I knew we have Cech on goal and its going to be hard to concede goal. With Tibo, I only pray he wont concede some stupid goals, not confident at all.

But it all comes to character, loyalty etc. Tibo has none of that, which makes him just another servant to the club. If we sold him and got Alisson or Oblak, I wouldnt care tbh.

He;s a bad egg for the dressing room imo, has been for a while now, get rid, problem is we are not going to get top dollar for him

Unionjack likes this

He is playing fantastic at the World Cup, while the other top goalkeepers are rubbish. His price is certainly increasing now.

oldportblue likes this

Can we actually see RM going for both Eden and Tibo? With them getting knocked back from Salah cause he likes where he is, RM are supposedly all in for Eden but thats via Don Balon lol

2 hours ago, Marvin123 said:

Just lowered his price

By correcting himself on time before he did a De Gea? Played fantastic again for the rest of the game. The best goalkeeper at the World Cup by far.

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Can we actually see RM going for both Eden and Tibo? With them getting knocked back from Salah cause he likes where he is, RM are supposedly all in for Eden but thats via Don Balon lol

Good thing is that Don Balon is always wrong.

To be honest who cares what he said about Jordan Pickford. Shouldn't have any bearing regarding him and leaving or staying at the club because he made a criticism of a keeper who yeah should probably have done better for that goal... 

We signed this guy when he was a teenager, if he has no love of passion for the club now, he never will. He doesn't motivate players when things are going wrong, he does the opposite and sulks.

Every year he is saying he wants to go to Real Madrid... do Real even want him? do we know this for a fact? IF Real Madrid come knocking for Tibo, it's not because they think he's the best in the world, it's because he's in the last year of his contract and is cheaper than other options. As long as we don't go all in for Butland with the money and invest/show some ambition (I.e. The Alisson rumour) then him going doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Fernando likes this