test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Domino-

Thibaut Courtois

Started by Domino-,

7,891 posts in this topic

Courtois goes as far as the team goes. He never plays at a level or two above that of his teammates on the pitch and he certainly doesn't carry this team for extended periods of a season. When we're playing well Courtois will make his routine saves but when we're shit he's just as shit and usually a huge factor for why we're playing terribly and conceding goals.

The Skipper likes this

Frankly, I'm also not sure his profile is compatible with teams that aspire to be possession-based. When your GK has zero ability on the ball and zero awareness what's in front of him you're always gonna have a huge problem playing out of the back and taking pressure off your backline. Occasionally he'll show good distribution but generally speaking his touch is simply too terrible and not consistent to think of him likely becoming a modern GK.

19 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Let's see how he gets on tonight, on the worlds biggest stage against a team that is expected to batter us. He's going to need a 'De Gea like' performance but I don't think he's capable of it in all honesty.

Ready to be proven wrong though and hope he does.

And there you have it, megged twice and just a complete shit performance.

International week coming up so he can revert to his usual mouthing off to the Belgian press about Madrid.

bigbluewillie likes this

Watched 3 goals conceded again....Absolutely horrible performance.....How can a top class GK concede that first goal?...Especially at that angle.......Terrible positioning for the other 2 goals...Leaving the entire net open for them to score

He is the main culprit for that scoreline..

Amblève. likes this

Bad moments. Hes clearly offski in the summer. Would of said replacing him is a huge issue a few months back but if hes going to play like that in big games he isn't that much of an issue to replace. Although when he wants to be excellent, he is excellent, just a pity that hasn't been very often this season. 

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

A Belgian reporter ran up to him as he left the Camp Nou but he went through his legs.

Lol be lucky to get a new contract from us on that performance

Come on guys, I know Courtois was horrendous in the match yesterday, but he does hardly put a foot wrong. This might be the first match in many which I think could be blamed on Courtois for a loss. All of you are just looking for a reason to hate on him because he has a big mouth in public, but so does Hazard, he was also horrendous yesterday. Yet when it comes to Hazard, the case suddenly becomes about not having good enough team mates. Atleast Courtois took it on himself and didn't shy away from criticism, could have just gone there like Hazard did with Conte and blame his poor performance on someone else.

I'm honestly wondering whether madrid would even want him at this point... de gea has been amazing and MU have been horrendous so maybe they will try to get him instead and, given MU's horrible performances, he might be tempted to go. atletico already have a world class gk too so not sure who else would want him.

he's really annoying me with his really sub-par play and with his constant talking up of a move to spain but i have a feeling chelsea and courtois will be stuck with each other for the time being...

Fernando likes this