Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

2 hours ago, Atholy said:

I hope you guys realize that when he leaves us for another club, with something that you can actually call a defense in front of him, he will continue his form as 'one of the best GK's in the world'! There is absolutely no doubt about that!

He looked amazing at Genk, outstanding in Madrid, is ultra solid for our Belgian National Team... and very very very average with us here at Chelsea. 

You do the math!

ps: yeah I agree he talks a lot. He's also one of the only ones to do this in our national team af well. At one end... this is rather irritating, at the other end: at least he's honest and you know what's going on behind closed doors.

I agree that he was amazing with Genk, continued it with Madrid and even maintained in the first season back ... Also good with the national side ... But he is far from being the best in the world, in fact he has been on a decline ever since at Chelsea ... He & De Gea started off pretty much together ... And for me Courtois was a level over him when he was loaded to Madrid. on the other hand De Gea's first year at United was average (imagine the first reaction of a goalie is to use his foot for stopping instead of his hand) ... However over the last few years De gea has actually moved to be one of the best in the world if not the best and Courtois has dropped a level. For me both of them were suppose to be the best in the world but sadly Courtois has lost his pace. 

U mentioned about the defense ahead of the goalkeeper being the major issue at Chelsea ... Imagine if Courtois had to play at United with the defense they had in the last few years where De Gea has actually made a living ... Courtois would had been out of the team already. 

Having said this, I believe he has the potential to be one among the best but he needs to up his game by couple of levels ... I have no issues in players talking (shit or no shit, honest or not) ... It is the modern age where you want to be part of the theater ... But when one talks he/she should support it in terms of their actions too. 

So sick of him on and off the pitch, tbh. Comes off as a spoiled child who can't help but mouth off in the press and says mind bogglingly stupid things. Then on the pitch he seems so timid and you never see him yelling and organizing the back line. When he concedes soft goals he just has that "ah, whatever" look on his face like he isn't bothered.

Just fuck him off to Real Madrid and rinse them on the fee. Go and get someone who would actually be happy to play for Chelsea.

Thibaut Courtois reveals he got a fax from Real Madrid when he was injured as he admits he will consider returning to Spain when his Chelsea contract runs out

• Chelsea news: All the latest from Stamford Bridge 
  • Thibaut Courtois says that he fell in 'love' with Spain when playing there 
  • Chelsea goalkeeper Courtois is contracted to Chelsea until 2018
  • The Blues chose him over Petr Cech two years because of his potential 
  • He admits that he will consider a return to Spain when he contract runs out 
  • Courtois also reveals that he got a fax from Real Madrid wishing him well 

By PETE JENSON FOR MAILONLINE 

PUBLISHED: 19:30 +10:00, 20 September 2016 | UPDATED: 21:53 +10:00, 20 September 2016

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3797942/Thibaut-Courtois-admits-consider-returning-Spain-Chelsea-contract-runs-out.html

Thibaut Courtois has said he received a fax from Real Madrid wishing him a speedy recovery when he injured his knee.

Courtois suffered an injury to his knee last season in a Premier League clash with Everton.

He has revealed how he was sent a message by Real to wish him good luck in returning to full fitness. 

1 hour ago, coolhead23 said:

I agree that he was amazing with Genk, continued it with Madrid and even maintained in the first season back ... Also good with the national side ... But he is far from being the best in the world, in fact he has been on a decline ever since at Chelsea ... He & De Gea started off pretty much together ... And for me Courtois was a level over him when he was loaded to Madrid. on the other hand De Gea's first year at United was average (imagine the first reaction of a goalie is to use his foot for stopping instead of his hand) ... However over the last few years De gea has actually moved to be one of the best in the world if not the best and Courtois has dropped a level. For me both of them were suppose to be the best in the world but sadly Courtois has lost his pace. 

U mentioned about the defense ahead of the goalkeeper being the major issue at Chelsea ... Imagine if Courtois had to play at United with the defense they had in the last few years where De Gea has actually made a living ... Courtois would had been out of the team already. 

Having said this, I believe he has the potential to be one among the best but he needs to up his game by couple of levels ... I have no issues in players talking (shit or no shit, honest or not) ... It is the modern age where you want to be part of the theater ... But when one talks he/she should support it in terms of their actions too. 

I never said he's far better than De Gea. I just said he will regain his status as 'one of the best' GK's in this world really shortly after moving to another club like Madrid, ... There is not a single doubt about that IMO.

So fair enough people are fed up with him. Blaming him for a lack of determination on the pitch, too much talking off the pitch, ... But in the end, this will (once again) return as a boomerang in our face! 

The good thing about his story is that he'll probably does end up in Spain again eventually ... wouldn't want to see another Ex-chelsea player shining for one of our competitors!!!!

18 minutes ago, Atholy said:

I never said he's far better than De Gea. I just said he will regain his status as 'one of the best' GK's in this world really shortly after moving to another club like Madrid, ... There is not a single doubt about that IMO.

So fair enough people are fed up with him. Blaming him for a lack of determination on the pitch, too much talking off the pitch, ... But in the end, this will (once again) return as a boomerang in our face! 

The good thing about his story is that he'll probably does end up in Spain again eventually ... wouldn't want to see another Ex-chelsea player shining for one of our competitors!!!!

The most cringeworthy thing, people call him overrated or that he never was that good (that's the most stupid thing ever but yeah) yet he is linked with way better club than Chelsea. Go figure.

2 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

The most cringeworthy thing, people call him overrated or that he never was that good (that's the most stupid thing ever but yeah) yet he is linked with way better club than Chelsea. Go figure.

Ben Arfa is playing for PSG. Average players can sometimes step up in clubs.

17 minutes ago, Atholy said:

The reason I compared him with De gea is because if you are talking about being the best then the yardsticks has to be with the best. Plus the fact that both have almost parallel careers. 

And about being one among the best thing, I mentioned it already he has potential but he needs to work hard and up his level to get on par with someone like De Gea because he is surely among the best if not the best right now. 

I've got the feeling for a long time that he is unhappy here. No point in keeping an unhappy player, he will only further decline. In the Belgian team, he remains a fantastic goalkeeper just like he was before. The past 9 months, he was not at that level for Chelsea anymore.

46 minutes ago, Atholy said:

Most people are bother by KDB leaving because he was hardly giving a chance.

Courtois on the other hand has been giving a chance but he seems not to care about being here.

So if he leaves, regardless if he does good it won't be much of a bother like KDB.

Why? Because we gave him time to play with us and his attitude towards the club stunk.