Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

16 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

average performance. made the saves he had to but nothing extraordinary really. would have saved cavani's goal had he stayed on the touchline. cavani was drifting wide and our defenders where catching up. bad decision. 

Lolz, the 90th minute save was pure class and a goal 90% of the time in the EPL. Made a couple of excellent saves besides that. He blocked Cavani well for the second goal, but the ball went through the tiny opening he let. More unlucky than bad. And more a defenders error than a goalkeeper error for sure. Not one defender ran alongside Cavani, wtf?

Decent game with some important saves. But I also had the idea he could have done a lot better at the 2nd goal. Certainly at the moment itself I thought: Tibo wtf are you doing so far at of your goal.

On the other hand... Cavani ran away from 4 defenders with one simple turn (??!!). With a little defense... Tibo would probably could have stayed in his goal, preventing this goal to happen!

Petr Cech was also beaten at his near post in the first leg in Paris back in 2014 and got the stick for that. And in the return leg, he performed brilliantly and made a fabulous save at his near post in the last minute. And we went through :D I prefer staying positive :D

18 hours ago, DYC. said:

Despite his overall brilliance, he's not a clean sheet GK. Not the type to produce games in which he simply refuses to concede.

Harsh to criticise him today though. Score would've been embarrassing if it wasn't for him.

On 20-12-2014 at 2:27 PM, DaddysHobby said:

When Courtois was about to reach the milestone of 100 clean sheets I stumbled upon an amazing comparison ... Cech only had 37 clean sheets before the age of 23, Neuer 60, Buffon 62 and Casillas comes closest with 71 clean sheets before the age of 23 ... the least you can say about Courtois is that he's ahead of the curve.

Well over 100 clean sheets before the age of 23  ... yet you claim that Courtois isn't a clean sheet GK.

On 17/02/2016 at 6:02 PM, DaddysHobby said:

Well over 100 clean sheets before the age of 23  ... yet you claim that Courtois isn't a clean sheet GK.

That's not what I meant. There are GKs who will have games in which they make save after save after save, refusing to concede and saving their teams. I haven't seen that from Courtois, not for Chelsea anyway. He'll play a great game but concede anyway.

But it's not a big deal.

Courtois: "This season has been different. I was sad when a top manager like Mourinho got sacked, but you have to move forward.“ [Telegraph]

Courtois: "You cannot look to the past, you have to look forwards and we were in a bad situation so the club took a decision.“ [Telegraph]

Courtois: "Top four is out of the question. The most important is the FA Cup and the Champions League. That’s our main aim.“ [Telegraph]

Courtois: "It’s nice to win every season. Winning a trophy would be a good way to finish a bad season in a positive way.“ [Telegraph]

Courtois: "But I’m not obsessed by the fact I have to win a trophy every year – it’s a nice thing, but sometimes impossible.“ [Telegraph]

Courtois: "Obviously, you want to play in the Champions League. "But Man United missed it as well and they stayed the same.“ [Telegraph]

Courtois: "When you have a bad year, the next is most important and we have to try to fight back and gain that top spot again.“ [Telegraph]

I think He wIll stay.

11 minutes ago, Gilvorak said:

He's been so erratic since his return. Can't believe he took ages to come out for Long's chance. Could've easily swept it up after his heavy first touch.

Yeah. That goal really looked like it happened in slow motion. I just knew he would be out there after the touch got away from long, but alas Courtois was nowhere to be seen.

He's still a young keeper though. Easy to forget that when you consider his big status. We need a solid group in front of him.

That was a complete fuck up :D Even Chelsea players were like WTF and watching the ref what is going to happen. The refs were the only ones failing to see that. Luckily.

Anyway, the real problem remains to be his distribution. Piss poor.