Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

I don't know but I have a feeling we will see a better Courtois, if Cech leave.

Disagree, Petr was a HUGE help for Thibaut this season always giving him advice and tips about teams and small things that make a difference. We might miss that experience next season, but then again Thibaut must gain his own experience.

I don't know but I have a feeling we will see a better Courtois, if Cech leave.

He has had a magnificent season. The perception of the people will be more neutral if Cech leaves, that will be the biggest thing that will change. If Courtois makes a tiny mistake, the media and forums explode because Cech is on the bench for that young bastard. If De Gea makes 10 very bad mistakes in a row, everybody chants his name and he is the best.

Disagree, Petr was a HUGE help for Thibaut this season always giving him advice and tips about teams and small things that make a difference. We might miss that experience next season, but then again Thibaut must gain his own experience.

Yes, but I think one season lesson is enough. Sunlight position, how to defend your head using shoulder when rushing to grab the ball, etc. Every time I see Courtois this season, he seems looks 'unease' because Cech is behind him all the time and the pressure is there. Yes, for other players it should motivate him more, but I feel Courtois not that kind of person. The way he want first choice guarantee, urged Mignolet to stay quiet and respect him, and else, makes me think he will be better player if he is feeling 'safe'. Just like at Atletico days.

No it isn't, United took over half a decade to replace Schmeichel properly and Arsenal still haven't really replaced Seaman, I can't stress enough how lucky we are to flick from one world class keeper to the other.

Say Cech leaves this summer and Tibo next? Who could we bring in that's anywhere near the level of Courtois? We could end up with our very own Barthez.

Quality world class keeper's are gold dust in this day in age, there's a reason Real are prepared to break the bank for this guy and unless we can replace him like for like (we can't) we shouldn't even consider letting him go.

We still have Cech tbh. £70m is a lot.

You only don't accept 70m if your GK is scoring 20 goals/season from open play. Otherwise you'd be a huge idiot if you didn't take such a deal seeing as GK is the easiest position to replace someone.

This attitude is why real and barca are able to dominate Europe.

If you don't need the money, don't sell your best players. Whatever the price tag.

Please tell me who you would buy to replace him that wouldn't be inferior.

Of course there's a trade off but I would understand if the club sold Courtois for £70m and kept Cech for let's say the next 5 years.

The goal of that money is to improve the team right?

Chances are slim Cech is still going to be relevant in five years, he'll be in his late thirties then. Not every goalkeeper is a Buffon. I like Cech, he's great, but you can't count on that.

Also, I think Courtois already surpassed him as we speak.

In the meantime Real will have the best goalkeeper in the world for at least 10 years and Chelsea has to hope they'll discover the next gem in time for Cech to retire.

Money means nothing to Real, you'll just make them stronger.

This attitude is why real and barca are able to dominate Europe.

If you don't need the money, don't sell your best players. Whatever the price tag.

Please tell me who you would buy to replace him that wouldn't be inferior.

I don't even need to name any goalies. Keep Cech and by the time he isn't top-class anymore sign one of the upcoming young ones. 5 years ago nobody knew about Courtois, Leno, Ter Stegen, De Gea etc; new great goalkeepers appear in cycles which is why nobody will spend 70m on a GK in the foreseeable future.

I don't even need to name any goalies. Keep Cech and by the time he isn't top-class anymore sign one of the upcoming young ones. 5 years ago nobody knew about Courtois, Leno, Ter Stegen, De Gea etc; new great goalkeepers appear in cycles which is why nobody will spend 70m on a GK in the foreseeable future.

I don't know. Selling Tibo and keeping Cech is a short term vision. It could come to haunt us. We HAVE what will be our next Cech. Plus, we do not need the money. How many players do you wanna buy? Suppose we get three good transfers this season, do we need 5,6,7? What will that do to the team? It's pure madness and I think Mou agrees. Hence the troll price put on Tibo imo.

To build a great and dominant team, you simply need to keep your best players together. Money doesn't keep a clean sheet, Courtois might.

LMAO Of course you sell a keeper for 70m even if he was a mixture of prime Kahn and Buffon fused together! :lol:

There is a reason why keepers are always relatively inexpensive and that is because the difference between a world class keeper and a very good keeper is probably around 4-5 goals per season, and there are usually A LOT of very good keepers around. With 70m you can get players that make up that difference many times over.

Anyway, this all besides the point because neither Madrid nor any other team would pay 70m for Thibaut or any other keeper.

LMAO Of course you sell a keeper for 70m even if he was a mixture of prime Kahn and Buffon fused together! :lol:

There is a reason why keepers are always relatively inexpensive and that is because the difference between a world class keeper and a very good keeper is probably around 4-5 goals per season, and there are usually A LOT of very good keepers around. With 70m you can get players that make up that difference many times over.

Anyway, this all besides the point because neither Madrid nor any other team would pay 70m for Thibaut or any other keeper.

I just think they got trolled by Mou tbh :-)