Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

We'll have to agree to disagree.

But as a goalkeeper coach, if one of my 8 year olds were beaten at the front post so easily I'd rip them a new one... let alone a Premier League goalkeeper. Very disappointing. Cech let in a poor shot at his near post vs PSG last season and got his criticism for it; Courtois deserves to be similarly reprimanded for two poor goals he ought to have stopped having gotten a hand to each.

The shot was at 100km/h, I doubt that 8 year olds shoot that hard. But we disagree on this one indeed ;)

When the opposing teams have a go from distance I don't quite feel safe with Courtois, I think he is much better from close range. With Cech I feel it's the other way around, so they both have their flaws. Cech is overall the better goalkeeper at the moment though, no question.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratz Tibo & Marta with the birth of a beautiful daughter Adriana!!

ps: tiny feet in big 'chelsea' hands :)

11246261_849041725189073_805380108330624

Thibaut Courtois:

On Tuesday the 26th May at 21:15h our little princess Adriana came into our lives. We are beyond happy to have her with us and give her all our love. Words can't explain how deeply in love we are with you, Adriana!

Adriana? Is his SO Iberian?

It took me half an hour to find out what SO meant :)...

But yes, his SO is Spanish. Born on Tenerife, she studied in Madrid.

Tibo met her for the first time in a Hollister shop in a shopping mall the north of Madrid where she worked as a saleswoman.

I guess she felt for his big hands :)

marta-dominguez-1.jpg

ps: OMG I feel like a tabloid journalist writing this down!!

Buffon:

"My favourite goalkeeper now? I think Neuer is a very good goalkeeper, Joe Hart is also good. But the young goalkeeper that I like the most, that is the Belgian one, Thibaut Courtois. I really love watching him play."

Never heard an ex-goalkeeper or goalkeeper that answered De Gea. All the legends and top goalkeepers now say Courtois. Even Schmeichel said 1. Neuer 2. Courtois this season without mentioning another goalkeeper. De Gea is so overrated and Courtois so underrated. Only the legends and current goalkeepers know he is a class above De Gea :D.

Even Gary Neville said this winter that he thought Courtois was the best player in England this season, De Gea must be pissed if he reads the truth in interviews :D.

Buffon:

"My favourite goalkeeper now? I think Neuer is a very good goalkeeper, Joe Hart is also good. But the young goalkeeper that I like the most, that is the Belgian one, Thibaut Courtois. I really love watching him play."

Never heard an ex-goalkeeper or goalkeeper that answered De Gea. All the legends and top goalkeepers now say Courtois. Even Schmeichel said 1. Neuer 2. Courtois this season without mentioning another goalkeeper. De Gea is so overrated and Courtois so underrated. Only the legends and current goalkeepers know he is a class above De Gea :D.

Even Gary Neville said this winter that he thought Courtois was the best player in England this season, De Gea must be pissed if he reads the truth in interviews :D.

De Gea will be at RM within the next month or so.

There he can be vastly over-rated 1 week and then crucified the next. And that's by his own fans.

Tibo is the 2nd best GK in the world ATM, only Neuer is currently better.

Let's not forget either that this was apparently his 'settling in' season. He should be even better next year!! Good luck PL strikers....

£70m? For a goalie?

I'd take that...

I wouldn't.

Tibo is a special keeper and no one his age is close to his level, infact only Neuer is full stop, I truly believe we have a goalkeeping revelation on our hands the lad has got everything.

You only don't accept 70m if your GK is scoring 20 goals/season from open play. Otherwise you'd be a huge idiot if you didn't take such a deal seeing as GK is the easiest position to replace someone.

No it isn't, United took over half a decade to replace Schmeichel properly and Arsenal still haven't really replaced Seaman, I can't stress enough how lucky we are to flick from one world class keeper to the other.

Say Cech leaves this summer and Tibo next? Who could we bring in that's anywhere near the level of Courtois? We could end up with our very own Barthez.

Quality world class keeper's are gold dust in this day in age, there's a reason Real are prepared to break the bank for this guy and unless we can replace him like for like (we can't) we shouldn't even consider letting him go.