Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Should have stopped the penalty? I don't a GK should EVER stop a penalty. Usually down to luck.

He means having dived the correct way and the right height, he should have had a stronger hand on it to keep it out since he did reach it and it was fairly comfortable for him.

He means having dived the correct way and the right height, he should have had a stronger hand on it to keep it out since he did reach it and it was fairly comfortable for him.

^ this 100%.

Should have stopped the penalty? I don't a GK should EVER stop a penalty. Usually down to luck.

He should have stopped the penalty. It wasn't hit with that much power, at a nice height, quite close to him, and he got one of those size 13 gloves on it. He should be able to parry that wide of the post for me. Getting a big hand on a penalty and conceding is worse than diving the complete opposite way, IMO, it's a huge disappointment for a goalkeeper.

Remember that Courtois is human, no goalkeeper in history should ever stop a penalty. 25% of the penalties get touched by the goalkeeper and still go in, that doesn't mean all those 25% should have been saved. I think you expect too much from him Alex, you can expect him to play like the number 1 goalkeeper in the world, but somewhere he will always be human also.

It will be a good thing for Courtois that Cech leaves this summer. De Gea can make 30 horrible mistakes in a row, and people keep cheering for him. Courtois makes a little one, the forums explode, the newspapers explode and the chaos starts immediately. It could have been expected, with Cech at the bench, but it's really over the top. People overreacted this season with Courtois and overprotected De Gea. The gap between the perception of those 2 goalkeepers was enormous. Courtois had a better season than De Gea, for sure.

Watched the recap of the game again, he played a good game Alex. That first save was an excellent one, the rest of his saves were 'normal'. The penalty was a penalty and the third goal was a surprising shot in the corner and very very hard, don't know if you can blame him anything for that.

Watched the recap of the game again, he played a good game Alex. That first save was an excellent one, the rest of his saves were 'normal'. The penalty was a penalty and the third goal was a surprising shot in the corner and very very hard, don't know if you can blame him anything for that.

He didn't play bad, but could have done better with the 2 & 3 goals.

It will be a good thing for Courtois that Cech leaves this summer. De Gea can make 30 horrible mistakes in a row, and people keep cheering for him. Courtois makes a little one, the forums explode, the newspapers explode and the chaos starts immediately. It could have been expected, with Cech at the bench, but it's really over the top. People overreacted this season with Courtois and overprotected De Gea. The gap between the perception of those 2 goalkeepers was enormous. Courtois had a better season than De Gea, for sure.

No, Courtois didn't have a better season than De Gea... Courtois had a decent season, saved us several points but he hasn't hit the level he had at Atletico yet.

Also, you're the one overreacting all the time. As soon as someone says anything remotely negative about KDB or Courtois you're there to tell them they're wrong; just stahp

United fans wanted De Gea's head his first season.

No, Courtois didn't have a better season than De Gea... Courtois had a decent season, saved us several points but he hasn't hit the level he had at Atletico yet.

Also, you're the one overreacting all the time. As soon as someone says anything remotely negative about KDB or Courtois you're there to tell them they're wrong; just stahp

De Gea has played well against Crystal Palace and against Man City, all his other games were shit the last 3.5 months. But still, he stays god and nobody wants to talk about all the bad mistakes he has made the last months. Courtois makes a little one, and the media and fans wake up. You have to admit that there is something very wrong with that at the least.

De Gea has played well against Crystal Palace and against Man City, all his other games were shit the last 3.5 months. But still, he stays god and nobody wants to talk about all the bad mistakes he has made the last months. Courtois makes a little one, and the media and fans wake up. You have to admit that there is something very wrong with that at the least.

The media adores United and hates Chelsea, it's the way it is and the way we like it

Go take a look to how the fans reacted to DDG's first season at United...

I think his first part of the season until 31st January was brilliant, magnificent for newcomer. Collecting every long balls, corners were not danger at all, saving crucial situations and not letting goals that HE MAY done better. 9.8/10

Later on he dropped his performance literally to Cech level, not so assured with collecting long balls, conceding goals that HE MAY done better because he has hands on the ball all the time. Very much Cech-like I have to say. Still high level though. 8.5/10

When I watch it, literally the second half goals he conceded yesterday were so CECH :) I've seen this time and time again here. I hope he comes back to his highest level.

Go take a look to how the fans reacted to DDG's first season at United...

I'm talking about this season, this season he can kick 5 balls straight in his own goal and the fans and media will still cheer for him and sing his name. His first season he got treated unfairly, this season also but in the other direction.

I'm talking about this season, this season he can kick 5 balls straight in his own goal and the fans and media will still cheer for him and sing his name. His first season he got treated unfairly, this season also but in the other direction.

Because he's built up his reputation. Give Tibo some time and he'll get the same.

Because he's built up his reputation. Give Tibo some time and he'll get the same.

He's playing bad for a very long time now. It's okay that they keep supporting him, but it's not only that, he stays the best goalkeeper in the world and nobody can touch him. That is very ridiculous, Courtois and Neuer are certainly better than him. Luckily every ex-goalkeeper confirms that, but the media and fans don't do that.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

But as a goalkeeper coach, if one of my 8 year olds were beaten at the front post so easily I'd rip them a new one... let alone a Premier League goalkeeper. Very disappointing. Cech let in a poor shot at his near post vs PSG last season and got his criticism for it; Courtois deserves to be similarly reprimanded for two poor goals he ought to have stopped having gotten a hand to each.