Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Splendid performance from him this game. He has great confidence in himself and I think he bounces from mistakes really quickly.

I do think we look a bit nervier with him in goal instead of Cech, but probably cos he isn't so comfortable in marshaling an experienced backline yet since he is new to the team.

Yeah, he has said this before in an interview: "Terry is the big boss of the defenders, so I leave the defensive coaching up to him for the biggest part. As a 22 year old newcomer I can't tell John Terry how he has to run."

Not a word about Courtois being nominated for the PFA Player of the Year award? Strange (even though he's probably not going to win it). :carlo:

He won't win it. I'll be surprised if does, pleasantly surprised that is, but I can't see it.

• 2 weeks later...

Lollichon about Courtois:

"That Courtois would become the number one goalkeeper of Chelsea at a certain moment is no surprise at all. The first time I've seen Courtois, when he played at Genk, I could see that he had the talent to become a very good goalkeeper. You didn't have to be a wizard to see that. He showed a lot of maturity at such a young age, at Genk but especially at Atlético. His evolution even surprised me, first we had the intention of loaning him to another PL team, but eventually he came instantly to Chelsea."

"Since December 2013 he has evolved even more. He had to learn to estimate the space in the back of his defence more correctly, so he could be more available for a backward pass. I told him, if you come to Chelsea, you need to take an extra step in your evolution. He has done that very quickly. That was the thing that stroke us the most, that his adjustment time was a lot shorter than we expected."

As much as I'm growing to love TBO, I hope we can wrap the title up soon to give Lord Petr a shot at the PL clean sheets record :(

I hope we become champion asap too. So we can see Cech, Musonda, Boga, Cheek, Solanke getting time. Although you never know with Mou and youth players :ph34r: