Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Imo, a long range shot like that is good for the opposition. It takes the possibility away of a dangerous counter and 99% of the time it causes nothing. I would teach my goalkeepers to stand there, also very helpful with long range passes, etc.

It only takes one time and we have seen the result, a goal!! I will say this and stand by it.....Adam was allowed to shoot because Tibo's positioning allowed him to do so, Adam said afterwards he had seen him do this before where he was a long way off his line. When I speak with the young goalkeepers I teach, we constantly speak about positions, starting positions and how we must always be aware of the unexpected. Obviously this is junior football but the amount of time I see keepers on the other team been beaten from miles out is crazy, and it all comes down to there starting position. Not once this season my keepers have beaten by a pot shot from miles out, because their starting position is always right. If the starting position is right you won't be beaten from there.

Please don't think I am vilifying Tibo here because I am not, he's been incredible for us but for me he got it wrong here and we got punished by Adam for it. It's all part of learning, and he is still learning despite being one of the best, and I bet good money it's been looked in the coming days.

No, i don't think you are trying to bash Thibaut or anything.

When a keeper gets beat from 66 yards he definetly could do something better. I'm just interested in what that is.

Therefore I question your argument that it is down to his positioning since i would imagine it is the position he is told to take up by his coaches. To me it's more down to his late reaction that Adam is gonna shoot in the first place (since he has a reputation in doing so) and second, the way he reacts when he realizes it is a dangerous ball. Since he got a hand to it, he probably would have saved it if he was more alert.

You can definetly question the position of Thibaut but i hardly think that is solely down to himself. I don't like it myself either when the goalkeeper is that far out but imo it has alot to do with our slow CB's which is another reason to start Zouma / get someone faster in the Summer

Well IMO a GK is always to blame for such a long shot that finds it way to the net.... that's kind of obvious.

BUT he was beaten because he was ready to help his defense.

I rather have a GK that is beaten on that 1 long shot (that happens once in like 4 seasons) than a GK that lets down his defense 62 times a season because he's glued to his line and not helping clearing counter attacks!!!

Its never his fault, is it? At Hull it was Ivanovic, when Silva lobbed him with a header from 13 yards he could do nothing, and now he apparently did his best. Also he gifted City their goal in that 1-1 draw.

I praised him when he was exceptional like against Liverpool or PSG away but also don't think he's any better than Cech atm. Only reason he is playing has already been repeated enough.

Its never his fault, is it? At Hull it was Ivanovic, when Silva lobbed him with a header from 13 yards he could do nothing, and now he apparently did his best. Also he gifted City their goal in that 1-1 draw.

I praised him when he was exceptional like against Liverpool or PSG away but also don't think he's any better than Cech atm. Only reason he is playing has already been repeated enough.

He's clearly at fault to some degree in those moments you mentioned, thing is those errors aren't nearly big enough for him to lose his spot.

How about you sum up the countless moments he won us the game?

The level he's playing at for a 22yo GK is very very rare. Cut him some slack instead of crying for Cech when he makes an error.

Enlight me what's the reason.

Mourinho currently plays things as conservatively as it is possible, he doesn't want to risk at all, only hides in his comfort zone. That's why he plays Cahill over Zouma, doesn't drop Ivanovic, doesn't rotate Matic, Fabregas or Oscar despite all three of them being clearly off form for months, supposedly protects RLC and doesn't give youth even a spot on the bench ... And yet Courtois is part of his comfort zone IN THE PRESENT TIME.

Did what he had to do today, and did it very well. Swept well (good to see the Adam goal didn't affect his confidence in his starting position) - he was his usual commanding self coming out to catch balls.

If I'm being super critical, I thought maybe he should have come to collect that time when Cahill was calling him out and he didn't come, forcing a scrambled clearance, but he was basically faultless otherwise.

Absolutely amazing reflex save against Phillips!

Splendid performance from him this game. He has great confidence in himself and I think he bounces from mistakes really quickly.

I do think we look a bit nervier with him in goal instead of Cech, but probably cos he isn't so comfortable in marshaling an experienced backline yet since he is new to the team.