Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Well, he has had some bad luck. Its kinda typical for a young guy entering the league/team. Look at Hazard. What he did in Europe letting his man go like that etc. Plus: he is in on a long wanted tight title run.

It is by no means an indicator of competence. I think the way he recuperates from these episodes is great. But he displays a young guy's inconsistenties/lack of focus all 90' .

Also, it must not be easy to have Cech breathing down your neck.

For all: he should keep working like Mou said. He is pure gold. (But not a diamond like Eden).

Need to be focused for 90 minutes.

For me this is the main deficiency in Thibaut's mostly faultless performances at the moment. A few of the goals he's conceded have been unlucky and somewhat ridiculous, but we can't ignore the fact that he is having concentration lapses that I doubt we would be seeing from Petr. It's these concentration lapses that are leading to things such as being caught off his line, slapping/punching the ball into dangerous positions instead of clearing it, and letting in shots that he should maybe be getting to immediately after making a great save.

I love Courtois, but he has to maintain 100% intensity for entire games to completely win me over.

It wouldn't have been a goal if Thibaut was a little more alive to the situation. He got a hand to it so if he reacted a little faster he would have saved it.

Two mistakes in two games now in Mourinho's eyes, and the way Mou is acting i can imagine he will avoid all risks and go back to what he is used to so I expect to see Cech next match.

But all in all, isn't this just another sign of our incompetence of playing a high line which has been hurting us all season? The reason Courtois is that high, that long is because he has no trust in his defenders ability to recover from those positions because of the fact most of them are quit slow

(1) Exactly.

(2) Exactly.

Ultimately, Thibaut has been nigh on blameless for us in his debut season and is our present and future. De Gea was terrible in his debut season, but Courtois has adapted seamlessly to the league. I give him the benefit of the doubt.

I agree. He has had some shaky moments, but our expectations are only so high because of the feats Cech pulled off in his debut season.

In his defense, 5 seconds before Adams strikes, the ball was at Stokes penalty area. At that moment, his position was justified. Maybe he could have repositioned a little bit sooner, but nobody would expect a strike like Adams.

I agree with this, it was a rapid turnover and I think only Charlie Adam was alive to the possibility in that moment. It was a wonderful moment of vision and an opportunistic strike, but I think Courtois reacted a little late. But with de Gea again making another bad error this weekend, it is clear there is an endemic of errors amongst the league's elite goalkeepers right now.

The team saved him twice. I wonder what the reaction would have been if we conceded because of Cahill. Some players cough Belgian cough are immune to criticism.

Going there again are we? Closet xenophobe.

Let The BringCechBack Campaign Began!

I wouldnt go that far dude. Cech has been great but his time is up. We have one of the best keepers in the world, I just wish he wouldnt lose concentration as much. He is young and Belgian :ph34r: so he will only get better.

The team saved him twice. I wonder what the reaction would have been if we conceded because of Cahill. Some players cough Belgian cough are immune to criticism.

Yeah, because Cahill consistently playee well to amazing for the majority of the season and made a few mistakes here and there right?

Two games in a row? Let's ignore the fact that TC was still one of our best players against Hull shall we... Incredible really.

Yeah, because Cahill consistently playee well to amazing for the majority of the season and made a few mistakes here and there right?

Two games in a row? Let's ignore the fact that TC was still one of our best players against Hull shall we... Incredible really.

Im not ignoring nothing. Ive said many times he is a brilliant goal keeper. He just needs to iron out some silly mistakes. Why is saying that not allowed?

Im not ignoring nothing. Ive said many times he is a brilliant goal keeper. He just needs to iron out some silly mistakes. Why is saying that not allowed?

That's okay, but honestly bringing up Cahill is a very poor example or way to justify your criticism.