Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

True, you want the goalie to be able to intercept when the ball comes true (eg Neuer). This was a freak goal, really. He can try that 1.000.000.000 times and never be able to repeat it.

But hey, it was against Chelsea. The gods do love us.

World class goal, now deep down in the Premier League history. It will be repeated over and over again in the years not because of Tibo's mistake (there was none) but because of the brilliant execution. Simple as that.

True, you want the goalie to be able to intercept when the ball comes true (eg Neuer). This was a freak goal, really. He can try that 1.000.000.000 times and never be able to repeat it.

But hey, it was against Chelsea. The gods do love us.

Had that shot gone harmlessly over the goal, we would have been sitting here, laughing at Charlie Adam's idiocy to shoot from that far out as opposed to question why was Courtois off his line.

Had that shot gone harmlessly over the goal, we would have been sitting here, laughing at Charlie Adam's idiocy to shoot from that far out as opposed to question why was Courtois off his line.

I get your point but I don't think we would laugh at that try. Instead, at least myself would clap for the try, his vision and the attempt, given their zero threat. But again, I understand where you were going.

World class goal, now deep down in the Premier League history. It will be repeated over and over again in the years not because of Tibo's mistake (there was none) but because of the brilliant execution. Simple as that.

You guys are really pathetic....how do you defend a keeper who lets in a shot from 60yds??? He screwed up...just admit it

I always see him backtracking when the opposition enter the Chelsea half, so this is something he does often.

I'm sure he was waiting to see if Adam played a through ball and if he could get there.

But he instead unleashed a thunderbastard of a shot.

It is a one in a million goal, but this is the one time in that million. A goalkeeping mistake, no doubt about it. His position was normal for the possession being where it was, but he was completely un-alive to the situation. Severe lapse in concentration. No goalkeeper should be beaten from that distance.

If Cech had have let that in, there would be people calling for his head, say he was "finished" and say he should be sold. It is a mistake, but he will learn from it. Thankfully, like last week, it didn't cost us. The football gods are smiling on us for a change.

(1) Exactly.

(2) Exactly.

Ultimately, Thibaut has been nigh on blameless for us in his debut season and is our present and future. De Gea was terrible in his debut season, but Courtois has adapted seamlessly to the league. I give him the benefit of the doubt.

In his defense, 5 seconds before Adams strikes, the ball was at Stokes penalty area. At that moment, his position was justified. Maybe he could have repositioned a little bit sooner, but nobody would expect a strike like Adams.