Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Very good performance tonight, but I have to say I expected him to make all of those saves. That's how much confidence I have in him.

Matuidi header - arguably should catch it but he parried it well away from danger.

Ibrahimovic first header - very unorthodox to kind of slap it away, but it got the job done.

Cavani first header - arguably going to hit the post but you can't afford to take the risk. Did well to read the situation, especially as there was no defender on the post.

Cavani second header/goal - no chance with it, headed down into the ground and all the time in the world to pick his spot. He has every right to be disgusted with his defence.

Ibrahimovic one-on-one - again he should make the save and he did, and got the stroke of luck he deserved with JT/Dave's block.

Luiz header - I don't actually think he touched it despite the referee giving a corner. But if he did, again its a save he should make.

Ibrahimovic second header - he did well as it was headed into the ground, but again I had no doubts he'd make the save.

I have no gripes over his performance, the one annoyance is the slap from Ibra's early header rather than making a catch or at least a traditional parry. He still looks a little edgy but his cross collection and dominance of his box was back to his usual standard. I wouldn't call this a particularly brilliant performance because this is what I expect from the second best goalkeeper in the world.

This.

• 2 weeks later...

Great picture IMO.

it doesn't matter who plays! It's all about the team!

KTBFHH!!!

<div class="getty embed image" style="background-color:#fff;display:inline-block;font-family:'Helvetica Neue',Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;color:#a7a7a7;font-size:11px;width:100%;max-width:594px;"><div style="overflow:hidden;position:relative;height:0;padding:69.696970% 0 0 0;width:100%;"><iframe src="//embed.gettyimages.com/embed/464887312?et=X1Dq01xnTxlVhF20dxeT3w&sig=KFZar4RVMhFXut529wrt3zbA5uqKrcoC4pUFl9y8sXE=&caption=true" width="594" height="414" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="display:inline-block;position:absolute;top:0;left:0;width:100%;height:100%;"></iframe></div><p style="margin:0;"></p><div style="padding:0;margin:0 0 0 10px;text-align:left;"><a href="http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/464887312"target="_blank" style="color:#a7a7a7;text-decoration:none;font-weight:normal !important;border:none;display:inline-block;">View image</a> | <a href="http://www.gettyimages.com" target="_blank" style="color:#a7a7a7;text-decoration:none;font-weight:normal !important;border:none;display:inline-block;">gettyimages.com</a></div></div>

Fantastic text mate.

Could have looked a little happier at the end, it's a squad effort. No surprise for me that Petr started; apart from the two semi-final legs against Liverpool he has been the designated cup goalkeeper for us all season. It was harsh on Courtois not to start based on those performances vs Liverpool; but it was equally harsh on Cech that Courtois started those games in the first place, although his performances justified the decision on those two occasions. Cech's performance yesterday justified this decision, too. Courtois has to learn he isn't competing with any Mickey Mouse goalkeeper, he's up against one of the best in the business right now.

When Cech leaves, Thibaut will start every cup semi-final and final for Chelsea for the next ten years. It's like in 2004/05, the only reason Cech played was because Cudicini got sent off against Newcastle in the FA Cup fourth round. Carlo would have started that day. Cudicini was designated cup keeper that season, but Cech played. Roles reversed this time.

Thibaut will get his chance to make his own history, but now he should celebrate the first of many medals with the Chels.

Could have looked a little happier at the end, it's a squad effort. No surprise for me that Petr started; apart from the two semi-final legs against Liverpool he has been the designated cup goalkeeper for us all season. It was harsh on Courtois not to start based on those performances vs Liverpool; but it was equally harsh on Cech that Courtois started those games in the first place, although his performances justified the decision on those two occasions. Cech's performance yesterday justified this decision, too. Courtois has to learn he isn't competing with any Mickey Mouse goalkeeper, he's up against one of the best in the business right now.

When Cech leaves, Thibaut will start every cup semi-final and final for Chelsea for the next ten years. It's like in 2004/05, the only reason Cech played was because Cudicini got sent off against Newcastle in the FA Cup fourth round. Carlo would have started that day. Cudicini was designated cup keeper that season, but Cech played. Roles reversed this time.

Thibaut will get his chance to make his own history, but now he should celebrate the first of many medals with the Chels.

I haven't seen the celebration footage. But they both look rather happy in this pic, no ^_^?

977358006.jpg

It's a great headache for Mourinho to have, we have the two best in the world for me. I help run a football team myself, the kids are under 9's and I coach two keepers who play for us, it's unreal knowing you have the best keepers around at that age level because you have no issues picking one over the other. Yesterday we played away and all week I worked with my keepers on commanding their area, punching, catching and organizing. Yesterday the opposition had a corner and the wind was howling across making their player whip it in towards our keeper- The lad who started came out and punched clear...massively satisfying to see what you have worked on all week put into real time. The opposition manager came to me at the end and said "You have the best two keepers around at this age level"

That for me is a bit special.

I haven't seen the celebration footage. But they both look rather happy in this pic, no ^_^?

977358006.jpg

In that photo yes, but he looked miserable as fuck whilst they were waiting behind the scenes to collect the trophy and their medals!

977358006.jpg

To be honest Ive only ever seen one photo with Tebo looking naturally happy. I dunno if he always just looks akward amd fidgety or hes just not comfortable in his surroundings.

Theres no denying hes a great keeper and I iknow hes not been with us long so hes not a part of the furniture but I cant help but feel he doesnt see us as being in his long term future.

And I cant see that Petr getting the nod yesterday has helped matters. I hope Tebo doesnt have a hissy fit.

I was wondering if Mou was trying to keep Petr happy. Trying to do what he can in the hope of talking him into staying next season.

Because if not then we need to be on the look for a new 2nd keeper eh.

I think their relationship are just fine, they're respect each other, they play at the same team. The rivalry are in healthy way. We are worried too much imo.

This. Don't think we should read too much in to Thibaut's demeanor pre or post match yesterday. I can understand the feeling of some that he should do more to show his happiness for the team, but anyone who has been left out of a team before will know what a downright awful feeling it is - and as hard as you may try not to show it, it's only natural to be disappointed.

Deep down I'm sure he's delighted anyway (even if he doesn't show it). After all, he doesn't show a lot of emotion or expression at the best of times.

As for his relationship with Petr, they have a competitive rivalry (as we want them to), but they have the utmost respect for eachother. They learn off eachother and feed off eachother every day and every training session, and there's no angst between them whatsoever as far as I'm concerned.

Well he certainly has to work on 'better celebration faces' :D

On topic: his general expression is just: unhappy. No need to worry about that! Other call it 'always focused'! So you can also see it as a good thing :)

a51cb438-8211-11e4-bf12-0ccb54de3f78_web

thibaut-courtois_3oj718k5zwqq1e4pn48weew

Thibaut-Courtois.jpg

4497525.jpg

Scotland-v-Belgium-FIFA-2014-World-Cup-Q

In all fairness, Cech used to always act like he was humping someone whenever we scored...