Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

I've never seen a goalkeeper so fired up to come and deal with crosses, most keepers I train are usually shit scared and won't leave their six yard box, and when they do it's never to try and catch a ball. That being said, he is 6'6" and I guess it's a lot easier when you've got such a high ape index with arms the size of his!

I've never seen a goalkeeper so fired up to come and deal with crosses, most keepers I train are usually shit scared and won't leave their six yard box, and when they do it's never to try and catch a ball. That being said, he is 6'6" and I guess it's a lot easier when you've got such a high ape index with arms the size of his!

I think Oliver Kahn had the highest ape index of them all!

Don't know why. ^^

Hey, I'm new on this forum, but some people will know me from another Chelseaforum where I have been posting for years.

Courtois is the best goalkeeper in the world, no doubt about that. His biggest disadvantage is that he does everything in a very natural way, he makes the most difficult things look very easy. That is why people always will vote for a spectacular goalkeeper like Neuer, and not for a calm and collected guy like Courtois. Courtois also has the disadvantage of his age, because a lot of people believe that a 22 year old can never be the best goalkeeper. And Germany has won the World Cup ofcourse.

But when you look purely at the skills of both goalkeepers, Courtois is better. Too bad that most people can't see that.

Courtois is the best goalkeeper in the world, no doubt about that.

Pretty clear that there's plenty of doubt about that! :lol:

You can certainly make a case for him as the best keeper in the world and there is no doubt that he is up there with the best in the world, but saying that he is the best is not fact but an opinion and one that is much less popular than the one that argues that Neuer is the best in the world.

Pretty clear that there's plenty of doubt about that! :lol:

You can certainly make a case for him as the best keeper in the world and there is no doubt that he is up there with the best in the world, but saying that he is the best is not fact but an opinion and one that is much less popular than the one that argues that Neuer is the best in the world.

agree ,, I think it is safer to claim he is probably in the best five in the world, Some would claim he isnt even the best in the PL

or even the best at Chelsea

Ofcourse it's an opinion, like it's an opinion that he is only top 5. I think that's very insulting for him, because top 5 means that he probably isn't top 3. While everybody worldwide puts him in their top 3 of goalkeepers. Maybe the FIFA doesn't, but they still think that Barthez is the best goalkeeper.

Hey, I'm new on this forum, but some people will know me from another Chelseaforum where I have been posting for years.

Courtois is the best goalkeeper in the world, no doubt about that. His biggest disadvantage is that he does everything in a very natural way, he makes the most difficult things look very easy. That is why people always will vote for a spectacular goalkeeper like Neuer, and not for a calm and collected guy like Courtois. Courtois also has the disadvantage of his age, because a lot of people believe that a 22 year old can never be the best goalkeeper. And Germany has won the World Cup ofcourse.

But when you look purely at the skills of both goalkeepers, Courtois is better. Too bad that most people can't see that.

He's not even the best goalkeeper in the premier league nevermind the world.

Nueur and De gea are ahead of him.

:noexpression:

What you are essentially saying is that people think Neuer is better because he's older, has won the World Cup, is insane and makes spectacular saves.

The reason why people think Neuer is better is because he is the best goalkeeper in world football, both statistically and ability wise. There's no shame in being second-best to Neuer, who will be remembered along with Iker, Buffon, Kahn, Cech and van der Sar as one of the best of the modern era, and he'll be remembered in 50 years for helping to revolutionise the position of goalkeeper, in essence he has turned the goalkeeper into a fifth defender, a footballer. You say Courtois is disadvantaged because of his age - quite the contrary. He is behind Neuer at the minute, but his age means he has years left to grow and improve. I believe in a couple of years he'll surpass Neuer, like he arguably already has with Cech and Buffon. But right now, you just have to accept he is behind Neuer, the same way other Chelsea fans have finally accepted he's surpassed Cech, hence why he is starting rather than Petr.

He's certainly in the top three worldwide. And far better than de Gea. de Gea looks fantastic because he makes fabulous camera saves. Admittedly he is a good goalkeeper, but he's made to look better by some shoddy shooting (think of the Liverpool 3-0 and the Arsenal 2-1, if those teams had Costaesque finishers he'd have shipped four or five goals in these games based on the number of chances). He's made some terrific saves and arguably is the sole reason United are third. But with the amount of saves he has to make because of how shockingly shit United's defence is, he is made to look awesome.

Let's not forget de Gea is the guy who shipped four goals to Milton Keynes Dons. As far as Courtois vs de Gea is concerned, this is no contest. When it comes to Courtois-Neuer, we have to accept that Thibaut still has some catching up to do.

Ofcourse it's an opinion, like it's an opinion that he is only top 5. I think that's very insulting for him, because top 5 means that he probably isn't top 3. While everybody worldwide puts him in their top 3 of goalkeepers. Maybe the FIFA doesn't, but they still think that Barthez is the best goalkeeper.

dont make such sweeping statements .. such as EVERYBODY WORLD WIDE ,,, No one here is insulting Courtois so relax

Yes, but I was just pointing out the difference between "I think that..." and "There is no doubt that....".

And you do realize that the top 5 includes the top 3, right? Saying that someone is top 5 in the world does not necessarily mean that he is below the top 3, it could well mean that there are a few that are very close to each other's levels and you do not want to put them in any specific ranking.

Finally, saying someone is top 5 in the world is an insult to him? Bloody hell, dude! :lol: