Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Continual evolution is the key to a successful and stable football club. That's were we went wrong last time, we let our key players gradually get older with no plan on who we replace them with, the result? 4 years off transition that were only just about to get out off.

My biggest example was 2008, we could have signed Modric for 16m, given him a couple off years to fully integrate into our team, then in 10/11 when Ballack left, Lamps slowed down and Essien returned a shadow off his old self, we have a brilliant 25 year old ready to be a key player for the next 7 years. Instead we signed a past his prime Deco who by that point was gone.

Hopefully lessons were learned, Cech may not be technically 'in decline' yet but it's best to act in advance as opposed to when it's to late.

A chance for Cech to prove how big he is ,, By being willing to take the 2nd place behind Courtois . Along with a coaching role .

Perfectly said, if he has always been the nice guy everyone says he is, he will do it. Or maybe he is just another Cole/Lampard under AVB who sulks when things doesn't go his way? Tbf over the last 10 years he has never been challenged properly, now there is a clearly better player willing to compete with him and if he decides his ego is too big for that then he has to go no matter if he is a legend or not. This is similar with the Torres-Drogba situation but Drogba was much better than Torres at the time so he won in the end, but for example if back then Drogba was competing with Falcao/Cavani/Suarez/Aguero/Messi I am sure he probably wouldn't have been able to win.

Perfectly said, if he has always been the nice guy everyone says he is, he will do it. Or maybe he is just another Cole/Lampard under AVB who sulks when things doesn't go his way? Tbf over the last 10 years he has never been challenged properly, now there is a clearly better player willing to compete with him and if he decides his ego is too big for that then he has to go no matter if he is a legend or not. This is similar with the Torres-Drogba situation but Drogba was much better than Torres at the time so he won in the end, but for example if back then Drogba was competing with Falcao/Cavani/Suarez/Aguero/Messi I am sure he probably wouldn't have been able to win.

According to the reports Cech has no problem with some competition for the first choice GK in the squad. Courtois is the one demanding to be given that spot...

It's not about ego or being the bigger man. It's perfectly understandable for Cech to still want to play every game and compete for the prizes. He's not 45. Point is, if he wants to play, it'll be somewhere without Courtois around.

This would be non-sense to have both Courtois and Cech in the team. It's not like one could play at another place on the ground !

Having Messi and Ronaldo in the same team is possible, but not 2 goalkeepers of that level. When Mignolet arrived in Liverpool, Reina was requested from leaving (or he understood it was better for him to leave). It's about the same situation : if Courtois comes, then it implies that Cech has to leave. There are plenty of teams that would be happy to hire him. But definitely not the bench of Chelsea. It would be a shame placing either Courtois or Cech on the bench.

Courtois has a very high value on the market and it can only increase within one month : Champions League final and World Cup. So either Chelsea sells Courtois now for 30-40 M and continues with Cech. Chelsea keeps a good goalkeeper and makes a great financial transaction. Or Chelsea sells Cech for less (8-12 M) and welcomes Courtois for many years. That guy could be playing at a high level for 15 more years !

Cech has suddenly made his presence known via social media (twitter account). Probably his agent advising him 'PR wise' to get the 'Cech-brand' out there for potential suitors next season. He's still young for a keeper and 'legend' or not.. doubt he'll want the Cudicini role.

Courtois on Cech: "The two of us want to play everything. Nobody will be happy to play in only the League Cup or FA Cup," (BBC) #CFC

Courtois: "Things are unclear at the moment. I have the biggest respect for Petr Cech. He is one of the best goalkeepers in the world" #CFC

Courtois: "I think putting Cech and me in the same team is not the healthiest thing in the world" #CFC (BBC)

Courtois: "It was strange and weird knocking out Chelsea. Normally when you win a semi-final you celebrate really hard but I didn't" #CFC

Courtois: "I think I showed respect to the Chelsea players and supporters and they to me." #CFC (BBC)

Courtois: "It was a nice feeling and hopefully I can give them [Chelsea supporters] those things back in the future" #CFC (BBC)

the BBC report doesn't sound good

Basically he just admitted that it is either gonna be him starting and Cech on the bench permanently or him leaving permanently. I hope it is the 1st option, Cech should respect the club and accept a Casillas role or he can go.