Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Cech has done well for years. Now it's time to allow the kid in. The future of Chelsea is at stake here.

Cech is not the future anymore. Either he takes the second fiddle or he is sold while his value is not dwindled.

How do you talk to Cech about it?

Listen Mr. Cech you will play a second fiddle in the next season. Lol.

Two choices here for me. One of them needs to go, Cech or courtois.

Yeah, I think something like that. Glad I am not the one who have to talk with Cech about it :)

The reason I said that we have to talk to Cech, is because I don't think we could negotiate with Courtois about his roles after what he did this season. I know he is under contract and no player is bigger than a club. But I have to say I think we need him more than he need us now. A lot of club outhere are ready to take him, if we couldn't convince him.

Yeah, I think something like that. Glad I am not the one who have to talk with Cech about it :)

The reason I said that we have to talk to Cech, is because I don't think we could negotiate with Courtois about his roles after what he did this season. I know he is under contract and no player is bigger than a club. But I have to say I think we need him more than he need us now. A lot of club outhere are ready to take him, if we couldn't convince him.

That´s it RB. The kid is in the driver´s seat. Chelsea either meet his demand or he asks for an extension on his loan & runs out his contract. Then, Chelsea ends up with an old Czech legend & Scwartzer? Lol.

If Cech is willing to stick around and fight for his place...

Neither player has anything to prove or fight for. Courtois has just reiterated again that he's not going to rotate or sit on the bench.

We can't have a situation where if one makes a mistake in a match, the other starts the next scenario. They're both far too good to share time with anyone.

We have to bring him in and make him the main man, move Cech, and retain Schwarzer for another season.

Courtois can't expect to come here and start the season as the number 1 option in front of goal ahead of Cech if both are in the team at that time.

In fact, he can. Any player who comes to Chelsea, wants to be a starter.

In fact, he can. Any player who comes to Chelsea, wants to be a starter.

Yeah, sure. But you can't expect to immediately start in front of a legendary keeper, who bailed us out numerous times in the last 10 years and who also just had a fantastic season. You wait for opportunity to prove yourself.

Yeah, sure. But you can't expect to immediately start in front of a legendary keeper, who bailed us out numerous times in the last 10 years and who also just had a fantastic season. You wait for opportunity to prove yourself.

Absolutely not, that's why 1 of them will leave. Can't put a possible CL-winner and La Liga winner on the bench, can't sideline the best keeper in the PL 2013-2014 either.

Either that or another year on loan.

I many situations i would agree with you, but this one is tricky simply because many see courtois as the best gk in the world .

He could be nr1 gk at almost any team in the world so its normal that he demands that spot here and tbf all sentiment apart he should get it

And there's the dilemma, when is the right time to swap them? Do and should we risk letting a young excellent GK go because of sentiment? I really hope that the club leaves feelings out of this and tries to focus on the footballing matters.

Courtois can't expect to come here and start the season as the number 1 option in front of goal ahead of Cech if both are in the team at that time.

Actually, he can. If both are still at the club come August and Courtois has had a good pre-season while Cech has just been recovering from his injury and not play at all, anything other than Courtois beginning the season as number one would be ridiculous.

I don't think Mourinho willl garantee to Courtois his place in the goal.

For me there are 4 posibilities:

- Courtois signs a new contract and fight for the spot with Cech

- Courtois signs a new contract and is loaned

- Courtois don't sign a new contract and here there are 2 possibilities: If someone want to pay 30 or 40M£ for the player we sell him, if not against his will he sits in the benxh here until he signs a new contract.

- We sell Cech and naturally Courtois signs a new contract.

I don't think Mourinho will garantee the spot for Courtois (unless the injury of Cech is really bad). And without signing a new contract he won't go in a good way.

Its Courtois choise... to a certain point...

I many situations i would agree with you, but this one is tricky simply because many see courtois as the best gk in the world .

He could be nr1 gk at almost any team in the world so its normal that he demands that spot here and tbf all sentiment apart he should get it

And there's the dilemma, when is the right time to swap them? Do and should we risk letting a young excellent GK go because of sentiment? I really hope that the club leaves feelings out of this and tries to focus on the footballing matters.

You can't say it's just the sentiment. Cech is the best GK in the Premier League, quite possible the best in the world and still better than Courtois. I think the people at the club realize that, but they also realize Courtois is probably too good to let go and that could explain the countless loan deals. It's like they're waiting to see if Petr is going to show a sign of weakness that could possibly make a case of him being replaced. However, three seasons since Thibaut was brought in and three loan deals later, that hasn't happened, so I suspect another one might be on the cards. Atletico certainly won't be against that idea.