Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Meh, Friedel is better than Lloris.

lloris seems to be more interested playing as a sweeper rather than a keeper. which is hilarious cos his decision making is horrendous and more often than not, he ends up costing his team. with lloris as a keeper, the defence can almost NEVER have an stability.

courtois is a much much better keeper.

lloris seems to be more interested playing as a sweeper rather than a keeper. which is hilarious cos his decision making is horrendous and more often than not, he ends up costing his team. with lloris as a keeper, the defence can almost NEVER have an stability.

courtois is a much much better keeper.

LOL Yeah, reminds me of Lehman a bit. I know they say you need to be crazy to be a keeper, but these two take it a bit too far.

If Real Madrid has Casillas on bench, why couldn't we have Courtois and Cech both? Wouldn't be too bothered to lose Lukaku for good money but losing Courtois would be bad business any way you look at it. Including him in Costa deal wouldn't make it any bit better, personally I think Costa is a little bit over-rated. There are only two players who I'd trust to come in and do a good job for us after all those post-Drogba years, and those names are Cavani and Rooney.

I think Lloris is one of, if not the best keeper in the world behind Neuer at coming off his line and rushing, it's what he does. It's one of his strengths. It's valuable in some systems i.e. Bayern's or Barca's game.

dude, thats the point... u cant have a keeper do that playing with spurs... a keeper should adjust according to the team's strengths, not the other way round. specially in a defence, crying out loud for a stable goalie.

choulo compared him to lehmann who was a great goalie too, but despite them being good goalies, i would not want them between the sticks at CFC, thats the main point.

No, he really isn't. He's having a bad year because Tottenham in general are a joke this season but that doesn't mean he's bad.

I think Friedel was unfairly dropped when he was having arguably his best season solely because of Lloris's price tag.

He's an amazing keeper on his day, and as didierforever said can be excellent with teams with a certain system. But he's a bit too "erratic" for my taste.

Anyway, to get back on topic, I'd take Thibaut over Lloris any day of the week.

Negotiations are close to being concluded and only the salary is causing a delay with Courtois wanting to more than double his wages.

#CFC

Chelsea are determined to secure Courtois on a deal until 2019 with executive board member Marina Granovskaia overseeing the matter.

#CFC

If true, great news, i have been one off the biggest advocates to the change for some time now.

I hope Cech gets a superb reception vs Norwich in his last game at The Bridge (as i assume he doesn't want to stick around on the bench), to say he deserves it would be a massive, massive understatement.

From what I know, El Confidencial is a reputable newspaper in Spain.

I read the article on Antonio Sanz's blog and he also says that Cech could go to Atletico in the summer. Simeone knows for sure that Diego Costa is the #1 target for Chelsea and he wants to take advantage of this. If he can't get Courtois on a full transfer, he'd settle for Cech and apparently Jose is happy with the idea of letting him go to Madrid. Antonio Sanz says that Jose isn't happy anymore with Cech because of his frequent mistakes.

Also he writes in his article that Hilario, who is supposed to be the 3rd GK, is actually one of Jose's most trusted people at Chelsea and he is acting as a "Courtois scouter" for Mourinho. He watches and analizes Thibaut's every game and speaks with the belgian on a regular basis, several times a week.