Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Don't want him to be loan anymore, if we are not gonna use him might as well sell him to some team that will APPRECIATE HIS TALENT like Kevin. We can't just fuck around with talented young players and tell them to sit there and wait for their chance as if we are some holy club everyone want to play for. Either sell him for 30m or swap with Costa this summer imo or sell Cech and make him our no1 permanently. No this rotation bs, or bench Cech and eventually force him out next year. If Cech truly loves the club he would accept it like Casillas.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10711621/Chelsea-striker-Fernando-Torres-open-to-Atletico-Madrid-return-as-Joes-Mourinho-lines-up-Diego-Costa-bid.html

Chelsea have developed a good relationship with Atletico, with Courtois in his third season on loan at the La Liga club.

Like Torres, Courtois will have two years remaining on his Stamford Bridge contract in the summer and Chelsea have made an initial move to start talks over his future.

Courtois wants guarantees he will return to Chelsea as first-choice keeper and the club is prepared to tell the 21 year-old that he will be given the same opportunity as Cech to prove himself No 1 over pre-season.

The situation is incredibly delicate, as Cech is unlikely to accept sitting on the bench, which means Chelsea will ultimately be faced with the decision of selling the 31 year-old, whose contract also expires in 2016, or letting Courtois go.

Mourinho has always been loyal to Cech, but is also a huge fan of Courtois and had a scouting dossier drawn up on the Belgian while he was manager of Real Madrid.

Courtois is settled in Madrid and has a Spanish girlfriend, but his first priority is to be Chelsea's first-choice keeper next season. Rather than sit on the bench for long periods, however, he is prepared to leave Stamford Bridge for regular football.

Both Courtois and Cech would command big fees and plenty of interest, and give Chelsea greater financial freedom to change their strike force and make a bid for Southampton left-back Luke Shaw.

Despite beginning initial talks over Courtois, Chelsea are yet to hold any discussions with Romelu Lukaku, who is on loan at Everton, over his long-term future. Like Courtois, the striker does not want to return to sit on the substitutes' bench.

Contrary to what Daily Mail reported, Marca claimed Courtois can't face us in the Champions League had or if we face them this season..

http://www.marca.com/2014/03/22/en/football/spanish_football/1395516654.html

So that confirms it. No one knows if he can or cannot play. Feels good to know..

Get him to sign a 5 year deal but let him stay at Athletico for 1 more year on loan. This will keep him playing regular first team football, allowing Cech to play out his best years and bring Courtois back to be the number 1 just as he starts to peak.

Get him to sign a 5 year deal but let him stay at Athletico for 1 more year on loan. This will keep him playing regular first team football, allowing Cech to play out his best years and bring Courtois back to be the number 1 just as he starts to peak.

And who said Courtois wants to go out on loan again? maybe he wants to sign for Real Madrid or Barcelona ?

The club has to be careful not to lose him for the sake of keeping Cech.

And who said Courtois wants to go out on loan again? maybe he wants to sign for Real Madrid or Barcelona ?

The club has to be careful not to lose him for the sake of keeping Cech.

Well, he is a Chelsea player for two more years regardless, unless the club decide to sell him. I've heard rumours Real want to sign him but he is contracted to Chelsea for two more years so the club would have to agree a sale.

What they want to do in the summer is get a 3 year extension put in place which is a wise move for a player that could very well become the best keeper in the world.

I don't think it would be benefit to Chelsea or Courtois to have him sit on the sidelines for a year in England when he could be playing 1st team football with Athletico. No change to his current situation.

Well, he is a Chelsea player for two more years regardless, unless the club decide to sell him. I've heard rumours Real want to sign him but he is contracted to Chelsea for two more years so the club would have to agree a sale.

What they want to do in the summer is get a 3 year extension put in place which is a wise move for a player that could very well become the best keeper in the world.

I don't think it would be benefit to Chelsea or Courtois to have him sit on the sidelines for a year in England when he could be playing 1st team football with Athletico. No change to his current situation.

Or maybe its time to bring him back.. which I think it is.

Maybeeee one more year with ATM if he agrees to it.

Or maybe its time to bring him back.. which I think it is.

Maybeeee one more year with ATM if he agrees to it.

One more year at Athletico is my opinion, purely for the fact I don't think JM will play him ahead of Cech and I don't want to see him lose form sitting on the bench for an entire season.

I think he is ready, or thereabouts to be number 1 though.

One more year at Athletico is my opinion

Three years is the limit that you can loan a player unless he extends his contract with Chelsea.

If I were him I'd extend my contract here and go to Atletico for another one or two seasons. Then come back at 23 and be Chelsea's no. 1 for at least 10 years. Simple as that. Only if those guys around him would think like that...