Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

"Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois, 21, who is on loan at La Liga side Atletico Madrid, has a verbal agreement to join Real Madrid."

(from BBC's gossip:) section)

WTF?!

That's impossible, but I still maintain that if he don't sign a new contract we must sell him.

Why lose the possibility of getting some money instead of nothing as Dortmund did with Lewandosky.....

If this is true then we shouldn't wait until the contract is up, see if Madrid want him NOW in some deal for Varane. Courtois has always seemed unhappy with Chelsea so I don't doubt it. I want Courtois long term, but if he is set on not signing a new contract with us we're screwed and he'd be more valuable as bait to fatten a deal for a player we can keep long term. If we keep Cech until his last possible year we will be fine. There's not much anyone but Thibaut can do in terms of making up his mind, I do think the club should find out what this agreement is. If its real and serious we should negotiate some deal with real, if they don't want to do a deal now we sell Courtoid to Atletico as a big symbolic middle-finger to spite Real.

That's impossible, but I still maintain that if he don't sign a new contract we must sell him.

Why lose the possibility of getting some money instead of nothing as Dortmund did with Lewandosky.....

I don't read as he is "going to move" just that he may have agreed terms with RM. Yes, the move would still be up to us, but if he has indeed agreed terms with RM things will get interesting.

I don't read as he is "going to move" just that he may have agreed terms with RM. Yes, the move would still be up to us, but if he has indeed agreed terms with RM things will get interesting.

WAGNH had a pretty decent article about it ;)

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/3/10/5490098/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-thibaut-courtois-real-madrid

Once his contract is up with us, it will completely up to him to uphold a verbal contract there is nothing we can do.

If he brings us Varane, I'm all up for it.

we wont get varane, cant get why people dont understand this. madrid are no seller club and they wont sell the biggest centre back prospect. and if courtois wants to join them, they dont even have to give us Varane. They can wait until 2016 when his contract is expired.

Thanks, but I'm familiar with the 6-months rule for pre-contracts. It wouldn't stop them from having a verbal agreement, or even some other type of deal. Agents and clubs get very creative sometimes, like Neymar and Barca or Ronaldinho and PSG back then.

These top agents rely on their credibility, so if they have an agreement with a certain club, it's almost as good as a formal agreement for example.

we wont get varane, cant get why people dont understand this. madrid are no seller club and they wont sell the biggest centre back prospect. and if courtois wants to join them, they dont even have to give us Varane. They can wait until 2016 when his contract is expired.

It all arose because of a story about him having a release clause.

Not if threaten to trade him to Atletico :D

Madrid sold Ozil, robben, snieder and were trying for years to sell back kaka.

Also, Cortois won't be stupid and transfer directly to Real...

Well that's illegal.

You only agree terms by yourself when you have 6 months left in your contract.

It is not a person 'that is trusted'. It is Cadena Ser, which is normally an ok informed spanish radio.

Immediatelly Courtois' father - who is his manager - reacted that it is BS. The negotiations for an extension with Chelsea has just started. He also claimed this is 'an attempt to destabilize Atletico'.

So keep your panties on, especially with 'throw him in the reserves for two years'. These are people, you know.

Of course he's going to deny it.. it is illegal you know..

If Courtois refuses to sign a contract extension/ or refuses to go to any club bar madrid, what would you do? Do you carry on sending him out on loan till his contract runs out?

Of course he's going to deny it.. it is illegal you know..

If Courtois refuses to sign a contract extension/ or refuses to go to any club bar madrid, what would you do? Do you carry on sending him out on loan till his contract runs out?

The 'of course he denies the rumour' thing is what makes conspiracy theories. He is still one of the worlds best keepers. We should include him so he doesnt want to leave after two years. Putting him into the reserves because of a rumour or even just a non confirmed possibility is daft.

Well that's illegal.

You only agree terms by yourself when you have 6 months left in your contract.

When it comes to agents and transfers, every transfer probably had a moment of illegality. If it's all verbal there isn't much to prosecute.

So keep your panties on, especially with 'throw him in the reserves for two years'. These are people, you know.

If the story was the real thing, nothing else would make me happier than to have him on the bench or playing the championship.