Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

I like how people talk about Van Der Sar at United but completely gloss over the 5 years between Schmeichel leaving and Van Der Sar arriving. They ignore that period of Bosnich, Taibi, Barthez, Carroll and Howard when United lacked stability. What about Arsenal after Seaman?

We have a chance to move from one world-class goalkeeper to another, with no waiting period and for only £7 million. Bayern are perhaps the only other club who did that (from Khan to Neuer) and that cost them €22 million.

It's a massive risk not making the move now.

Still took Bayern like 4 years to find proper replacement for Kaln, we are so lucky we got a blatant ready replacement straight away even before our GK is completed finished. Never have an opportunity like this arrive or they don't often anyway.

I like how people talk about Van Der Sar at United but completely gloss over the 5 years between Schmeichel leaving and Van Der Sar arriving. They ignore that period of Bosnich, Taibi, Barthez, Carroll and Howard when United lacked stability. What about Arsenal after Seaman?

We have a chance to move from one world-class goalkeeper to another, with no waiting period and for only £7 million. Bayern are perhaps the only other club who did that (from Khan to Neuer) and that cost them €22 million.

It's a massive risk not making the move now.

Well Bayern also made a mess of it as they were unable to replace Kahn swiftly. Anyhow they are still a good example for a club who lined up a replacement too late, still had two seasons of so-so performances by Kahn, then shifting to Rensing who is workless now, replacing him with Jörg Butt, trying out Thomas Kraft, which was a catastrophy, shifting back to Butt and then finally buying Neuer. In the period between Kahn and Neuer they only won 2 titles, which is quite few for a them losing out the German title 2 times and a 3rd time in which Neuer had to get into the team during a season in which he produced one error after another.

IMO we can make a better job of it using next season as a transitionary year in terms of GK and gradually replacing Cech with Courtois.

As good Real is this season, they have failed in all three biggest games of the season so far. Lost to Atletico and Barca early and now only draw vs Atletico again...

Indeed and they didn't convince either when they played Juventus in the Champions League this season even though they won 1 of the 2 games.

As good Real is this season, they have failed in all three biggest games of the season so far. Lost to Atletico and Barca early and now only draw vs Atletico again...

Well people are saying that this might be the best Real we've seen in years now..

I don't really agree, they somehow manage to win most of their games and they even crush opponents with 6-0 scores but I dont what it is, when I see them play I really dont go "wow", I really dont think of them as "scary".. And I dont think they are as good as Bayern either.

Maybe its just me though..

Personally I don't find Ancelloti intimidating, so that might be some of what you're feeling. Bale and Ronaldo are pretty terrifying though. Would certainly like to dodge Madrid in the CL if we progress, but let's be real, the CL draws are rigged and we'll get Madrid because of the Mourinho connection.

Well people are saying that this might be the best Real we've seen in years now..

I don't really agree, they somehow manage to win most of their games and they even crush opponents with 6-0 scores but I dont what it is, when I see them play I really dont go "wow", I really dont think of them as "scary".. And I dont think they are as good as Bayern either.

I dont get thib 'bes real ever' thing either. They seem to lose or draw most bigger games and even their overall play apart from goals is nothing special. They dont play connected passing football. It realy is funny how people say this is best real ever.

I dont get thib 'bes real ever' thing either. They seem to lose or draw most bigger games and even their overall play apart from goals is nothing special. They dont play connected passing football. It realy is funny how people say this is best real ever.

They're saying it simply because of the vast amount of talent Real have available.

Player for player it is a great Real, but nothing will beat the Galactico era of Ronaldo, Zidane, Beckham, Raul etc. in my opinion (player wise).

Barcelona are out of the picture... for now

http://www.beinsports.tv/news/title/barcelona-have-reached-an-agreement-with-marc-andre-ter-stegen/article/ed4kaw1zc1qz1n5txyjvvps88

the reported fee is 9-12m...

After reading some of the posts in this thread, I dont think Thibaut will command as high of a transfer fee as the numbers posted here.

This was specifically towards the 6 - 1 demolition of Shalcke. That game did make you go "wow".

Me too, don't agree. Let's wait to see what Bale will do in the long run (Robben was as talented and failed to make an impact there).

And from a relative perspective, i'm too young to have watched them, but Puskas, Kopa and Di Stefano leading the offensive was monstruous. The 3 best players in the world and the best sweeper Santamaria.

Also the galactics era can compete. The Raul-Ronaldo-Figo trio is as indtimidating as Benz-CR-Bale, and as much as i like Modric, he's no Zidane !

As for the Courtois/Cech dilemma, Cech is untouchable for me. He's a legend, that's all. You don't question a legend when he's playing as the level he is expected to : worldclass. Mourinho benched Casillas because he was undermining his authority and also because he wasnt performing at his true level. Not only Cech has a tremendous season, he would also never get arrogant or be a trouble maker. For all that, benching him is just unthinkable.

He's still at the top of his game, so even if Courtois was brought in and put in a fair concurrence with Cech by Mou, I think Cech would win. He's just too important. He does not need any time to adapt unlike Courtois.

As for Courtois, he's so talented that benching him would be an insult to the sport. So another loan, i guess. Maybe this time in Premier League, but I feel Courtois would ask to be loaned to a club where he could play Champions League football, and I don't see Chelsea loaning him to any contender for the title.

They're saying it simply because of the vast amount of talent Real have available.

Player for player it is a great Real, but nothing will beat the Galactico era of Ronaldo, Zidane, Beckham, Raul etc. in my opinion (player wise).

Until Real win the treble...