Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Even with Courtois, they probably would still have lost both anyway. Didn't play well against Almeria and pretty much got beaten by a freak goal to begin with while the other was against Real where Ronaldo scored 2 from spot. More of dip in form than anything with losing the keeper.

Courtois played the match when Atlético lost 3-0 in Real stadium but he was beaten twice by his defenders... Impossible to do anything there because of the deviations. But without him against AC Milan, I think the score would have been totally different.

But yes, Atlético is in low form for a month already.

Should've done better on this one. Surprised no-one's bought it up previously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4q3mVaE1kA#t=56

Yeah he should of. I watched the game with my lad and he said that straight away. The only thing in Tibi's defence is because it comes over that first defender he isn't, but should be anticipating it getting to him. The header was two things for me......It was at the keeper, but comes at him low and more point blank than anything.

There's always gonna be the discussion of "what if" or "we should of...".

Selling Thibaut and see him flourish even more would hurt immensly. That, added to the fact a possible small but steady loss of performance and sharpness by Cech and that we possibly wont end up in a satisfied situation with our keeper we'd always say "we should of kept Thibaut" or "what if he was our keeper now instead?".

Same goes for the fact if we sell Cech and Thibaut isn't what we expect right away. There will be chaos at these forums with "we should have kept Cech".

Whatever happens, at the moment I am rather convinced Thibaut will be a top 5 keeper for the coming 10-15 years. I really honestly believe that. It would be a shame if we let that potential go, unless we get a really good bid for him or if he's part of some kind of really good deal.

Athletico's success is fucking us over here, no success there and he would have been thrilled to come back and compete with a fellow top keeper, they would be taking eachother to a higher lvl.

I doubt it. It would only hinder Thibaut to have been here earlier. He wouldnt play as much and Im also sure he'd be upset about not being regular, and he wouldnt considering Cech's level.

I doubt it. It would only hinder Thibaut to have been here earlier. He wouldnt play as much and Im also sure he'd be upset about not being regular, and he wouldnt considering Cech's level.

All speculation. It's well known that he's considering other options with all the succes they are having. 2 years early tbf..

Well now you are speculating aswell.

Is he considering, is he being offered or is it simply clubs just showing interest in him?

Well we have no idea what's going to happen, I do feel that courtois' current point of vision is due to his and his teams performance, wich believe it or not is working in a bad way for us

All good and dandy but if the guy don't sign a new contract we will be forced to sell him like sturridge when he has one year left.

Or risk losing him for free....

He still has 2 years on his contract when he returns. if he does not want to sign a new contract we can just keep Cech, let Courtois sit on the bench and effectively stop his bid to become the best keeper in the world already. Would not be fair but Jose is right, Chelsea has the power in this situation.

Yeah he should of. I watched the game with my lad and he said that straight away. The only thing in Tibi's defence is because it comes over that first defender he isn't, but should be anticipating it getting to him. The header was two things for me......It was at the keeper, but comes at him low and more point blank than anything.

That was really unlucky, cos it is just under his body, can happen, the experience will make him learn. Thibaut still does errors, but his reflexes and handling are better than Neuers.

The more I think about it... selling Courtois would be like selling Sturridge. Look at how he was flourished at Liverpool. Seeing Courtois do that would be killer, because although Danny is a good player, Courtois has the potential to be the world's best goalkeeper one day. Personally I think Cech deserves one more year as number 1, meaning another loan for Thibaut. Then, in 2015, Courtois takes the number 1 jersey.

The more I think about it... selling Courtois would be like selling Sturridge. Look at how he was flourished at Liverpool. Seeing Courtois do that would be killer, because although Danny is a good player, Courtois has the potential to be the world's best goalkeeper one day. Personally I think Cech deserves one more year as number 1, meaning another loan for Thibaut. Then, in 2015, Courtois takes the number 1 jersey.

That would be ideal for me too. I don't think anyone is saying "CECH OUT", just that it's quite unlikely that Courtois would be willing to go on loan for the third season running. And so the ultimate decision probably has to be made this summer.. Petr is the more established goalkeeper but if it's between Big Pete and a guy who could potentially give us over 10 top class years, I choose the latter. It's a risk, but one worth taking for me

No Way, Cech is a Chelsea legend and he is only 31. Look at VDS at United, he played until he was 40 a he was worldclass at that age.

I would love to keep Cech for 8-9 more years. Fucking legend.

Would you have kept Drogba if we could have signed Ibrahimovic after 11-12? I know I wouldn't even though he is a legend and just won us the CL.

Mourinho will have to do a very hard decision. Cech is an absolute legend who's still one of the best GKs in the world and he's part of the old guard. On the other side, there is the best young GK in the world who's only 21 years old and already has more than 190 professional appearances for club and country and 4 trophies won.

Would be awesome if Cech was 4 or 5 years older now. Courtois would become No.1 next year and Cech could go to MLS for money or stay here as playing goalkeeper coach who's covering Thibaut. I don't expect Petr to play until he's 40 considering his head injury.

Would be very interesting to see how will Jose act. Hopefully we won't sell one of them to another EPL team!