Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

No, that's you trying to negate someone's argument by simply jumping to extremes, which sadly doesn't always work. Lionsden is simply making a point that Cech deserves to be treated fairly and not just cast aside like a leper. It isn't a simple case of "yeah, let's just sell Cech". I see what you're saying in regards to sentiment.

This is a decision for José to make, and I don't envy him.

"leper"!!! No one is casting aside cech like a "leper". but it is one thing to give him a legendary status and another thing to take a decision simply out of sentimentality. courtious IS already a WC keeper and he is only 21 year old. Cech IS also a WC keeper but he is 31. ina heartless world, there would not even be a discussion of what the right decision would be. but sometimes such decisions have to be taken. DD was "let go" while FT was given the mantle of our no.1 striker, but that dint mean he was cast aside like a leper. sometimes tough decisions have to be made for the long term

Lionsden

behind every defence is a great keeper , do you thinkLeti would have such a great record if Asenjo was number1 ?

yes they would. arsenal dominated teams defensively with jens lehman as their keeper because they had defensive beast like Viera,gilberto silva,Ashley cole,Sol Campbel and Toure in their prime and a solid defensive tactics to get the best out of those players which made them difficult to penetrate and covered lehmans flaws as a keeper making him look worldly. Once he no longer had that shield as a result of Viera and cole's departure and the dramatic decline of Sol Campbell, toure and Silva, his hidden flaws was laid bare for all to see and wasn't so special anymore.

You have to be the worst keeper of all time not to atleast have a decent clean sheet record in a team like leti.

So in this theory we should never have signed Cech and Cudicini should still be our keeper, infact while were at it lets resign Duff and give him 90 minutes every game, Hazard will never love Chelsea like Duff and he was great in 2004.

Interesting stat Carlo has a better clean sheet ratio than Petr.

Taking away his skill and potential because of the defense AM has is just stuipid.

And rating him on equal level or ahead of one of the greatest and most consistent keepers around when he hasn't proven he could be relied upon in a relatively exposed defensive unit is equally stupid and illogical.

And rating him on equal level or ahead of one of the greatest and most consistent keepers around when he hasn't proven he could be relied upon in a relatively exposed defensive unit is equally stupid and illogical.

You dont get it do you?

We have to take this step sooner or later. Bringing Thibaut in as 2nd keeper isnt an option. Just look at the times every great keeper has been sold and swapped for a new one. We have to think about the future.

And I dont really agree that our defense is exposed. No team is flawless, but look at our performance against United, Liverpool and City.

so let me get this straight, we should loan out thibaut to fulham/sunderland to see how he performs and then take a decision if he is capable of playing for us!!!! i mean this has got to be the weirdest statement i have read in a long time. and also, your statement shows exactly how less u have seen of courtouis and ATM over the last 3 years.

also i found this very amusing, lukaku is not good enough for us cos he played in a "weaker" team like wba and scored 17 goals, hence he cant play with us cos we dont play the same style. and now courtious is not good enough for us cos he is playing for a strong team and has not proved himself in a weak team. hahahahaha... i doubt if neuer would be able to make it here.

I personally don’t like how some of the young Belgian players communicate with Jose through the media - now they are too young to know better so I must assume it’s their advisers, but still. I don’t think it’s very wise.

Why can’t Courtois be tested in the EPL first is beyond me. He’s never played for Chelsea and he has never played in England and he demands to be our number 1 GK? Let’s hope he can handle the pressure better than Lukaku with his infamous penalty.

There is another factor some of you seem to underestimate - experience.

I personally don’t like how some of the young Belgian players communicate with Jose through the media - now they are too young to know better so I must assume it’s their advisers, but still. I don’t think it’s very wise.
Why can’t Courtois be tested in the EPL first is beyond me. He’s never played for Chelsea and he has never played in England and he demands to be our number 1 GK? Let’s hope he can handle the pressure better than Lukaku with his infamous penalty.

La Liga isnt exactly the SPL or the League of Ireland ,,, He is proven there

So if we would buy Neuer, we should first loan him out to Stoke for experience?

yes they would. arsenal dominated teams defensively with jens lehman as their keeper because they had defensive beast like Viera,gilberto silva,Ashley cole,Sol Campbel and Toure in their prime and a solid defensive tactics to get the best out of those players which made them difficult to penetrate and covered lehmans flaws as a keeper making him look worldly. Once he no longer had that shield as a result of Viera and cole's departure and the dramatic decline of Sol Campbell, toure and Silva, his hidden flaws was laid bare for all to see and wasn't so special anymore.

You have to be the worst keeper of all time not to atleast have a decent clean sheet record in a team like leti.

even in the unbeaten season they conceded a fair few silly goals, (for example Gudjohnsen in the Champions League qf) if they had Cech there figures would have been on the level off ours the yeas later.
Whenever i have watched Leti games withAsenjo the defense played much more within themselves knowing that theres an error in the keeper, the same happened to us when we lost Carlo and Cech vsReading.
Plus Courtois played with a weak defense at Genk, i saw the last 5 minutes off their title decider and he made 3 top saves in that period alone.

No, that's you trying to negate someone's argument by simply jumping to extremes, which sadly doesn't always work. Lionsden is simply making a point that Cech deserves to be treated fairly and not just cast aside like a leper. It isn't a simple case of "yeah, let's just sell Cech". I see what you're saying in regards to sentiment.

This is a decision for José to make, and I don't envy him.

My point was extreme, what im trying to say is i want the decision to be made in what is best for the club going forward.
If Mourinho chooses Courtois, it's not out of disrespect for Cech (just like choosing Cech in 04 wasnt disrespect for Carlo) it will be because he believes it's best for Chelsea going forward.
There are many ways we can respect and appreciate Petr without him playing for Chelsea indefinitely until he decides otherwise.
Continual evolution is the key to a successful and stable club (after 10/11 we know that as much as anyone ) and if Jose believe this change is the next step in the process then he has my backing.

To wich team in the epl would you loan him?

Can you send a top 5 gk who has won the europaleague,supercup,spanish cup to a mid table team in the epl?

Thats quite some experience he has there already at the age of 21

Agreed he doesnt have any experience in the epl but is that such a big deal for a gk?

I'm one of the people hoping Courtois will get the spot, but I don't blame folk that want to go on with Cech, just casting him aside just seems unreal at this point.

There were always gonna be 2 camps here, we'll just have to wait and see how it pans out

Would hate to lose Courtois, already one of the top goalkeepers and will get even better with age. But Cech is only 31, still pulls off world class saves and has been immense all these years as we have grown into one of the big teams in the world. I'll never be able to make up my mind with this decision, lets trust Jose and hope its the best :cry: