Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Ofcourse Thibaut "parry shots back into dangerous area" Courtois is better.

Well you can point out a fault in every player/keeper's game. Cech is lost on so many corners. Courtois has a tendency to not push the ball wide enough - but i'd bet on a young player improving than a vet. like Cech.

Your last few posts make Courtois sound like a vastly inferior GK, when he's actually widely regarded as one of the best in the world.

Whatever though, no matter what Mourinho does, Chelsea will have a great GK. It's just a matter of short term vs long term now.

I don't like it one bit. This guy comes in and acts like a petulant child arrogant prick and gets what he wants without doing a damn thing to earn it in return. He was ready to dump us for Madrid for a minute there. Watch what happens when his renewal comes up in four years or so, if he signs this extension. Bad precedence if you ask me. I feel bad for Petr. He has bled, gotten knocked out almost died and busted his whole mouth lips and jaw for the club and this is how we repay him? I'm pissed. i really hope he stays. If he leaves we are back to square one. Should this brat get injured, we are back to Schwarzer again, just like last year.

Ofcourse Thibaut "parry shots back into dangerous zone" Courtois is better.

the pessimism on these boards is unreal

I don't like it one bit. This guy comes in and acts like a petulant child arrogant prick and gets what he wants without doing a damn thing to earn it in return. He was ready to dump us for Madrid for a minute there. Watch what happens when his renewal comes up in four years or so, if he signs this extension. Bad precedence if you ask me. I feel bad for Petr. He has bled, gotten knocked out almost died and busted his whole mouth lips and jaw for the club and this is how we repay him? I'm pissed. i really hope he stays. If he leaves we are back to square one. Should this brat get injured, we are back to Schwarzer again, just like last year.

except... he has proven himself and earned the right to be our number one.

i would complain as well if i was as good as he was and i didnt get starts

The club really cannot win can they?

Let players get old and stagnate (like Malouda, Anelka, Essien) we are too sentimental and succumbing to player power, act in advance in replacing a player and we're cunts disrespecting players.

It seems like so many are happy to constantly contradict themselves for the sake of having a whine.

Petr is old and stagnated? Joke of the day. What happened to coming and earning your chance on merit? The joke is people writing and thinking they know what they are talking about.

People keep going on about this "not earning it" shit. He did all he could at Atletico to be in the conversation with a great GK like Cech.

GK is not like other positions where he can share minutes with Cech and we see who's better. He either starts, or he wouldn't be back here when other top clubs wanted him.

the pessimism on these boards is unreal

except... he has proven himself and earned the right to be our number one.

i would complain as well if i was as good as he was and i didnt get starts

Where in La Liga. Is that we play? How many times have we seen top players in other leagues come to the EPL and fail?

People keep going on about this "not earning it" shit. He did all he could at Atletico to be in the conversation with a great GK like Cech.

GK is not like other positions where he can share minutes with Cech and we see who's better. He either starts, or he wouldn't be back here when other top clubs wanted him.

So because you are a top dog in the MLS means you will be top brass in the EPL? Football in not mathematics, where if a=b and b=c, then a=c.

Petr is old and stagnated? Joke of the day. What happened to coming and earning your chance on merit? The joke is people writing and thinking they know what they are talking about.

So he has to come here, after all he did in Spain, and accept sitting on the bench cause Cech is a legend? That doesn't sound fair to me.

I can't find any arrogant words Courtois has said in an interview that directly discredit Cech. As far as I could remember, the arrogant image was built from his agent quotes, Wilmots quotes and his comments about Mignolet. In his latest interview I found he has some respect for Cech. The one whom I think is more fitted your description "This guy comes in and acts like a petulant child arrogant prick and gets what he wants without doing a damn thing to earn it in return" is Lukaku

Where in La Liga. Is that we play? How many times have we seen top players in other leagues come to the EPL and fail?

Okay, then what about the Champions League? He was great throughout.

So because you are a top dog in the MLS means you will be top brass in the EPL? Football in not mathematics, where if a=b and b=c, then a=c.

Thing is he isn't coming from some vastly inferior league. That was the case when he was signed from Genk, so he was sent on loan to prove himself and he has done this.

Like Tomo said, this is pretty similar to when Cech joined Chelsea and displaced Cudicini. Mourinho could have easily gone with the more PL proven GK, but instead he gave Cech a chance and that has worked out wonderfully.

Courtois might/might not turn out to be the same, but him sitting on the bench will achieve nothing but force him out prematurely. He will get the chance to prove he's good enough to replace Cech for years to come.

Anelka, Malouda and Lamps weren't in 2008, but we should have still acted in advance and looked at long term replacements.

As for this earned thing, were you also kicking off in 2004 when Petr replaced Carlo?

So because it worked out perfectly 10 years ago means history will repeat itself again? only if football was that predictable.

anyway let's wait and see but from what I have seen of Courtois since his last season at genk to this point I remain unconvinced and underwhelmed. Cech remains Chelsea undisputed no1 goalkeeper in my eye until Courtois is able to prove otherwise.

if we start petr over courtois, we risk losing him permanently. not only is the difference between chec and courtois not worth losing courtois; many would argue courtois is better than chec and is the 2nd best gk in the world

My god what a load of shite.

Jose isn't going to play Courtois simply because he has demanded he won't sit on a bench. He will play him if hes done enough in training to prove hes the better goalkeeper out of him and Petr. You said people are writing thinking they know what they are talking about even though what you said is pretty fucking stupid. Jose isn't going to make someone first choice because they demand it. Look at what happened with Lukaku. Idiot.

Okay, then what about the Champions League? He was great throughout.

Yes he was, and what about the AM midfield defending and their defenders. The whole team contributed to it. Madrid won the CL and Ike was a disaster. So it doesn't follow. Torres was always good in europe, but sucked the EPL. Players react differently in different settings. I just think this should have been his transition year. We brought in Torres and phased out Drogba and look at what happened, we are back to Drogba and Torres is a baggage.All these are just presumptions. I for one think it would have been a different outcome had Petr not dislocated his should in the semis against AM. We really missed him. If we let Petr go, we are going to be in the same situation again. One injury from being back to Schwatzer, that is my main concern. Hopefully, Petr will be the adult about it and take one for the team. This decision will be akin to taking a yellow card for the team.

Thing is he isn't coming from some vastly inferior league. That was the case when he was signed from Genk, so he was sent on loan to prove himself and he has done this.

Like Tomo said, this is pretty similar to when Cech joined Chelsea and displaced Cudicini. Mourinho could have easily gone with the more PL proven GK, but instead he gave Cech a chance and that has worked out wonderfully.

Courtois might/might not turn out to be the same, but him sitting on the bench will achieve nothing but force him out prematurely. He will get the chance to prove he's good enough to replace Cech for years to come.

Oh well thats where we differ. Time will tell. But he could have been less brash and used this year like a learning curve. His attitude and statement prior to coming in to Chelsea was disrespectful to Petr IMHO.