Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Best keeper we've had in a while. 

Cech is a legend here, but he was never at the level Courtois was at his best, which is now and even his first season here. Dude is the ultimate wall in front of goal. Cech has always had far too much trouble at his near post for me, even at his best.

I'm not one who gets caught up in the moment, but Courtois is very much, if not already in the conversation for best keeper in the world.

2 hours ago, Gilvorak said:

Eh? No it isn't lmao.

His improvement in that aspect has been staggering.

He means that in the beginning of the game, he had a bad pass and it caused a chance for Arsenal eventually. So for him, his distribution is useless again for the next year. No matter what Courtois has been doing every game. One small error = utter sh*t goalkeeper

I think the DDG hype is going quiet. I read a lot of comments on forums and most people start to realise that Courtois is better than DDG. But it is not impossible that DDG will become goalkeeper of the year again in the PL. In that case, elections are just a lost cause.

12 hours ago, Gilvorak said:

Eh? No it isn't lmao.

His improvement in that aspect has been staggering.

I used to feel a slight discomfort whenever the ball was at his feet. I'd think he might concede possession, put a team mate in trouble by passing the ball to a marked player or even give it straight to an opponent. Now I don't think about anything when he has the ball. Says it all really.

He literally just in our game right there kicked the ball straight at Arsenal's forwards while they were 10 ft away from him because he wanted to give it to Luiz who wasn't even looking in the right direction (who proceeded to slip). He is absolutely not good with the ball at his feet.  

13 hours ago, Leif said:

He literally just in our game right there kicked the ball straight at Arsenal's forwards while they were 10 ft away from him because he wanted to give it to Luiz who wasn't even looking in the right direction (who proceeded to slip). He is absolutely not good with the ball at his feet.  

He is excellent with the ball at his feet this season. Again, one small error and he is utter sh*t again for the next year with the ball at his feet and in decision making. Lmfao

6 hours ago, MCM4PR3Z said:

He is excellent with the ball at his feet this season. Again, one small error and he is utter sh*t again for the next year with the ball at his feet and in decision making. Lmfao

The *majority* of our games he has allowed opposition players within 3 ft of himself and had to hoof it upfield anywhere regardless of direction. You want to see a great keeper, look at the real greats who're still better despite being granddads, like Buffon, Casillas, even Valdes.

He is not good with the ball at his feet.

Who said he's utter shit? Who's saying he isn't one of the best shot-stoppers in Europe?

7 minutes ago, Leif said:

The *majority* of our games he has allowed opposition players within 3 ft of himself and had to hoof it upfield anywhere regardless of direction. You want to see a great keeper, look at the real greats who're still better despite being granddads, like Buffon, Casillas, even Valdes.

He is not good with the ball at his feet.

Who said he's utter shit? Who's saying he isn't one of the best shot-stoppers in Europe?

Did you just call Casillas and Valdes better than Courtois? That's it... I'm done.

Manpe, I'd bet my left arm you haven't even seen 5 games of Valdes or Casillas in the past 3 years. Maybe one or two. So you're either voicing your opinion based on barely any knowledge, or, you're baaaah'ing like a sheep.

But correct me properly if I'm wrong. Do try and tell me how Casillas hasn't been absolutely incredible again for the past year - go on. 

In regards to Valdes, I should've elaborated. My original post is specifically talking about Courtois being shit with the ball at his feet, and having poor distribution. Hence highlighting a true great at goalkeeping distribution, Valdes, who Courtois could learn heaps from still, as the former outperforms the latter in that category. Deny that and you don't understand football.

Now discuss these points with me, unless you'd rather stick to your opinions without any evidence or logic.

1 hour ago, Leif said:

Manpe, I'd bet my left arm you haven't even seen 5 games of Valdes or Casillas in the past 3 years. Maybe one or two. So you're either voicing your opinion based on barely any knowledge, or, you're baaaah'ing like a sheep.

But correct me properly if I'm wrong. Do try and tell me how Casillas hasn't been absolutely incredible again for the past year - go on. 

In regards to Valdes, I should've elaborated. My original post is specifically talking about Courtois being shit with the ball at his feet, and having poor distribution. Hence highlighting a true great at goalkeeping distribution, Valdes, who Courtois who could learn heaps from still, as the former outperforms the latter in that category. Deny that and you don't understand football.

Now discuss these points with me, unless you'd rather stick to your opinions without any evidence or logic.

Don't start me on lack of knowledge, you yourself often talk shit about things you don't understand. Casillas plays in a mickey mouse Portuguese league because he was deemed crap and has been past his best for a long time now. He also had a horrible season recently at Porto. Would you swap Courtois for Casillas? Of course you would, who doesn't want a better player.

Valdes may be a better ball player, he must be as a Barca graduate, maybe you should have pointed that out more clearly in that sentence rather than simply referring to real great goalkeepers. I don't contest that point, but I do contest the point that Valdes is better overall.

What a beast! Had a discussion with a United supporter today that and he said that Courtois has an average season, that most goalkeepers in the PL would perform the same in this Chelsea. And that De Gea is the greatest goalkeeper ever. Those people must be robots without AI or must use the most powerfull drug ever :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...