test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Domino-

13. Thibaut Courtois

Started by Domino-,

6,958 posts in this topic
No he hasn't.
Not at his best ill give, but he's far from "shocking" .

It's shocking for a WC GK. If we are talking about Willy, Cech or any other average GK, then this is a complete different story.
Amblève. likes this

Him and Hazard both backed off Real Madrid with displays against Barcelona, I think. I mean, they are still great players, but they just cost too much for playing like that in two big-stage games. Can't see why would Real go for Hazard and not Dybala, and for Courtois instead of Oblak, considering their performances and how much they would cost.

Wallosh likes this

11 minutes ago, El P. said:

Him and Hazard both backed off Real Madrid with displays against Barcelona, I think. I mean, they are still great players, but they just cost too much for playing like that in two big-stage games. Can't see why would Real go for Hazard and not Dybala, and for Courtois instead of Oblak, considering their performances and how much they would cost.

Ronaldo's big game record at United was average (a lot worse than Eden's domestically although did better in Europe) yet it didn't stop Real signing him.

I'm in the middle. I don't care if he goes or stay. 

Fine with either outcome to me....but can't let him leave for free in the next summer. 

the wes and Robguima like this

7 hours ago, Tomo said:

Are you just cherry picking games he wasn't great in? You could even do that with pre head injury Cech and you could most certainly do that with ANY current keeper. 

True that.

Cech b/w 2008-2009 was in horrible form. Thankfully we never gave up on him, and we reaped the benefits because of that.

Lousy defense in front usually results in lousy goalkeeping. Just look at Cech at Arsenal. 

Courtois is having a terrible season, and people can pick plenty of games and fish plenty of newspaper quotes to bash him. I will admit that the Barcelona game was terrible for a keeper of any standard.

But his record with us in seasons prior, has been decent overall.

IMO, goalkeeper is one of the last positions on the starting eleven I would want to dive into the next transfer market for. Plenty of other squad roles that need filling before that.

Tomo and Johnnyeye like this

On 3/30/2018 at 5:19 PM, Tomo said:

Ronaldo's big game record at United was average (a lot worse than Eden's domestically although did better in Europe) yet it didn't stop Real signing him.

That's because he was a goal machine and a lot more popular globally than Hazard. Real don't need big game players, they have only 2 big games per season + a few in CL, they need flat track bullies and the likes of Ronaldo is perfect for that.

Johnnyeye and Tomo like this

On 01/04/2018 at 7:48 PM, manpe said:

That's because he was a goal machine and a lot more popular globally than Hazard. Real don't need big game players, they have only 2 big games per season + a few in CL, they need flat track bullies and the likes of Ronaldo is perfect for that.

On 30/03/2018 at 3:19 PM, Tomo said:

They signed him because he along with Messi were the two best players in the world by a mile without a shadow of a doubt. Nothing to do with records. Although scoring about 70 goals in 100 games over two seasons for a team in the "best league in the world" probably helped. 

They will sign Neymar next. 

10 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

They signed him because he along with Messi were the two best players in the world by a mile without a shadow of a doubt. Nothing to do with records. Although scoring about 70 goals in 100 games over two seasons for a team in the "best league in the world" probably helped. 

They will sign Neymar next. 

He was considered one of the best precisely because of his scoring record, so it had everything to do with it.

Johnnyeye likes this

16 hours ago, manpe said:

He was considered one of the best precisely because of his scoring record, so it had everything to do with it.

Possibly but even then he was always an excellent footballer and it was so clear him and Messi were ahead of everyone else with talent and consistency.

Johnnyeye likes this

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Well he ain't in my top 5 five if that counts for anything:lol:

I would be SOOOO happy with any of these 6 if we lost Courtois

Jan Oblak    

Alisson    

Thomas Strakosha

Alban Lafont  

Gianluigi Donnarumma    

Mattia Perin   

and wouldn't not lose my mind at all with these    

Kepa Arrizabalaga    

Alex Meret

Gerónimo Rulli

André Onana

Alphonse Areola 
Sergio Rico   

This thread is quiet.

Excellent save from Stevens at the end, with the speed and trajectory of the header to not only save it but catch it aswell was phenomenal, if he goes we will miss him that i am sure!!!!

11Drogba likes this

6 hours ago, Tomo said:

This thread is quiet.

Excellent save from Stevens at the end, with the speed and trajectory of the header to not only save it but catch it aswell was phenomenal, if he goes we will miss him that i am sure!!!!

He isn't playing anywere near to his potential. He could be the best goalkeeper in the World if he could just find some inspiration from somewhere. He did have one of his better games this season but again, he could achieve soo much more.