test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Domino-

13. Thibaut Courtois

Started by Domino-,

6,635 posts in this topic

Conte on Courtois: "I spoke with the doctor & I asked if Thibaut was ok. His answer was yes & you can make another substitution" #cfc

Conte reveals he spoke to the club doctor about Courtois' head injury. He will be okay to face Atletico in the UCL on Wednesday

Courtois' penalty saving record is awful. Can't remember how many he's faced at the club but he has saved only one (at West Brom in 2015/16). Need practice, big time on it!

I remember folks on here talking this summer when he was asking for lots of money saying he's not that important to the squad... Granted he didn't save the pen tonight... but gtfo out of here with that. Pay the man.

On September 27, 2017 at 9:55 PM, Jason said:

Courtois' penalty saving record is awful. Can't remember how many he's faced at the club but he has saved only one (at West Brom in 2015/16). Need practice, big time on it!

I swear most of the best keepers are meh at pens. As alluded to Cech was rubbish at it Munich aside and in the CL final 2016 Oblak went the wrong way for every one, also in Moscow the two best keepers at that time saved 2 of 14 combined. Yet we have keepers like Krul, Mingolet and Caballero who aren't anything to shout home about saving pens like it's going out of fashion, heck even Bravo has a solid record at penalty saves.

The Skipper likes this

Pretty sure Courtois said he would sign a new contract a few times already. Just need to get the terms sorted.

His children grow up in Madrid, so he will be the most difficult player to keep anyway. It's not like a super asshole if he just wants to be with his children.

One more game being not impressed by him. He has the quality of course to make some good saves but i really miss a 90minute solid performance by him and FINALLY show some fucking passion during the game. The guy looks totally bored through most games.

41 - Thibaut Courtois attempted 41 passes against Roma, more than any other Chelsea player. Bizarre.

You know...everybody’s talking about how shite Willian is (he’s the worst atm), Alonso, Moses etc...

And this guy just gets away with criticism. Not anymore.

Courtois has been so shite lately. He barely makes any world class saves, if the opponent didn’t shoot straight to Courtois and is on target, it’s most likely ended up as a goal.

I see De Gea saving United’s skins time and time again. Bar maybe the Arsenal game, Courtois has yet to do that.

spyros_cfc likes this

5 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

He looks like he doesn't give a fuck anymore. 

Totally agree. He just does his job but shows zero passion or interest during games. I am not even comparing him to De Gea. Really wouldn't bother if he leaves with a good offer, he probably never gave a single fuck for the team since day one.

People used to get mad when I said De Gea is on a different level...

Courtois regressed massively since coming back to Chelsea from Atletico.

4 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

People used to get mad when I said De Gea is on a different level...

Courtois regressed massively since coming back to Chelsea from Atletico.

He was never a passionate player but his lack of interest starts being pretty obvious. Its time to do something.