Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

4 hours ago, MCM4PR3Z said:

Goalkeeper of the tournament so far for me, Neuer and especially De Gea just show how completely overrated they are. De Gea is a joke the whole EC so far.

That's only because Gigi hasn't had much to do -_- Courtois has been far from excellent, only one of the best keepers. Not THE best.

5 hours ago, Melanicus said:

Are you talking about Neuer who kept his clean sheet every game at EURO? Who are you joking, Neuer is a total different class.

If you have seen the games, you would notice that Neuer was in big troubles a few times because of taking too much risk. Even one time a horrible control over the middle of the field while he had nothing to do there, if Poland was chasing the ball for 1%, it would always have been a goal that situation.

Fabien Barthez: "I've seen a lot of good goalkeepers at the Euros, but Courtois is at another level than the rest of them. I have a big sympathy for Belgium because of him. I like Courtois, he is a good goalkeeper and a good person.".

Seems like he supports Courtois a 100 times more than the average Chelseafan that sleeps in a red shirt. Could have said the Man Utd goalkeeper or the French one, but remains neutral. Class!

8 minutes ago, MCM4PR3Z said:

Fabien Barthez: "I've seen a lot of good goalkeepers at the Euros, but Courtois is at another level than the rest of them. I have a big sympathy for Belgium because of him. I like Courtois, he is a good goalkeeper and a good person.".

Seems like he supports Courtois a 100 times more than the average Chelseafan that sleeps in a red shirt. Could have said the Man Utd goalkeeper or the French one, but remains neutral. Class!

Well I personally support Chelsea FC, not Belgium national football team. Courtois has been good in this Euro but he is playing for Belgium so I don't care. And he had a bad season for Chelsea. This what should matter for Chelsea fans. But since you are from Belgium you will always defend him no matter what. You can't even admit he had a terrible season with Chelsea.

44 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

The average Chelsea fan, me included, has still Petr Cech in his heart. Not this petulant, arrogant, mercenary, child.

Funny thing is, rewind to 2006 and put Jimmy instead of Petr, and that was the exact same thing people said about Drogba.

16 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Funny thing is, rewind to 2006 and put Jimmy instead of Petr, and that was the exact same thing people said about Drogba.

DD was feisty, he had passion, he wanted to win, (a few times he went overboard, I admit) he loved Chelsea. Can you honestly say the same about Courtois? Can you ever see Courtois being that outraged after a stolen CL semifinal.
If that would happen to Courtois, I imagine him strolling out of the pitch with his dumb expression as if he doesn't even know where he is, not giving two fucks about it, he gets his pay check either way and probably puts in a transfer request the following summer.
Did DD ever come out as arrogant as Courtois in his interviews? Can't recall it even once, unless it was against a direct rival. Courtois badmouthed all over his countryman Mignolet, he tried to do the same with Cech, there are countless examples of him doing this.
This example is just stupid, as a person, not even as a footballer, as a person Courtois isn't fit to look at Drogba.

Just now, Blue_Fox_ said:

DD was feisty, he had passion, he wanted to win, (a few times he went overboard, I admit) he loved Chelsea. Can you honestly say the same about Courtois? Can you ever see Courtois being that outraged after a stolen CL semifinal.
If that would happen to Courtois, I imagine him strolling out of the pitch with his dumb expression as if he doesn't even know where he is, not giving two fucks about it, he gets his pay check either way and probably puts in a transfer request the following summer.
Did DD ever come out as arrogant as Courtois in his interviews? Can't recall it even once, unless it was against a direct rival. Courtois badmouthed all over his countryman Mignolet, he tried to do the same with Cech, there are countless examples of him doing this.
This example is just stupid, as a person, not even as a footballer, as a person Courtois isn't fit to look at Drogba.

That's not either here nor there, point is it took Didier years and years to win over the whole fanbase, he was getting booed in his first two season's, and after Jose left the first time he kept telling the media how he wants to leave, even went as far as saying things were broken.

Do i doubt how he loves the club? Ofcourse not, but it wasn't love at first sight for either party, and the way he acted after Jose left for a while blew anything Courtois has ever said out of the water.

Point is we don't really know what will happen with Courtois, it doesn't look like he will stay long term but, apart from Terry, i thought that about our last guard, i was convinced even Lampard was going to leave after Jose left.

26 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

"Since the day I arrived, I wanted to leave Chelsea and then again every summer". You know who said that? No, not Thibaut. It was Drogba (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7051285.stm)

And year earlier Didier said: "It's not a joke. I want to move on and avoid all the pressure and scandals." (https://www.theguardian.com/football/2006/may/19/newsstory.sport5)

I do not remember Thibault allowed himself to talk like that. Imagine if he did... I also can't remember a bad word from him about Cech since he came back to Chelsea. 

"What Petr did with Chelsea was exceptional. I hope to get as many trophies as he did". (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3171944/Thibaut-Courtois-Petr-Cech-did-Chelsea-exceptional-s-new-era-hope-trophies-did.html)

"He's one of the best goalkeepers in the world. Every goalkeeper can have a type of thing they are usually good at so when you see them train you can learn from them. It helps you during your training". (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2712309/Thibaut-Courtois-says-wants-learn-Petr-Cech-Chelsea-s-goalkeepers-begin-battle-starting-spot.html)

"In every interview last year it was about my relationship with Cech,Apparently everyone thought we had blazing rows every day, it was just the opposite. Petr and I had a close relationship. Even now, we call each other frequently."  (http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/469840/Thibaut-Courtois-reveals-truth-about-relationship-Arsenal-keeper-Petr-Cech)

25 minutes ago, Tomo said:

and after Jose left the first time he kept telling the media how he wants to leave, even went as far as saying things were broken.

Imagine if Courtois would love any manager as much as DD loved José (which I think impossible anyway, because he seems to care only about himself.) Yes, he wouldn't say anything, he would just leave.

22 minutes ago, pHaRaOn said:

Go take all the other Courtois's quotes, there are many. A whole lot. About a whole lot of topics. About Cech it was either in his last year at Atletico or during his first season here. Some dumb comment about how if he was in Cech's shoes he would leave or some shit like that.

3 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

The average Chelsea fan, me included, has still Petr Cech in his heart. Not this petulant, arrogant, mercenary, child.

That's why I said the average Chelsea fan 'that sleeps in a red shirt'. I mean the Arsenal shirt ofcourse.

6 minutes ago, MCM4PR3Z said:

That's why I said the average Chelsea fan 'that sleeps in a red shirt'. I mean the Arsenal shirt ofcourse.

Yup ^_^ I wonder on which forum you'll sign up as soon as Courtois is sold, or rather, forces Chelsea to sell him.
We're not Belgium F.C. man.

28 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

Go take all the other Courtois's quotes, there are many. A whole lot. About a whole lot of topics. About Cech it was either in his last year at Atletico or during his first season here. Some dumb comment about how if he was in Cech's shoes he would leave or some shit like that.

"As a goalkeeper you want to play. If I was in that situation where I didn't play a lot, then I would leave too. I think Petr is still a goalkeeper with a lot of quality and one of the best there is." (http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/chelsea-goalkeeper-petr-cech-close-january-exit-1474837)

How disrespectful, indeed. Calling him one of the best goalkeepers in the world.

Just now, pHaRaOn said:

"As a goalkeeper you want to play. If I was in that situation where I didn't play a lot, then I would leave too. I think Petr is still a goalkeeper with a lot of quality and one of the best there is." (http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/chelsea-goalkeeper-petr-cech-close-january-exit-1474837)

I remember it a whole lot different, then again, after his many dumb quotes, soon after people come telling how he didn't really say what he said. Sure some are taken out of context the media are the media afterall, but all those quotes? mmmm.

1 minute ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

I remember it a whole lot different, then again, after his many dumb quotes, soon after people come telling how he didn't really say what he said. Sure some are taken out of context the media are the media afterall, but all those quotes? mmmm.

Early dementia setting in ? Would explain a lot. ;)