test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Domino-

13. Thibaut Courtois

Started by Domino-,

6,450 posts in this topic
9 hours ago, The Skipper said:

So people/our board have no problem with playing the likes of Diego, Hazard, Costa on 200k+, but God forbid a goalkeeper who's easily top 5 in the world ask for that...

Unless he grows another pair of hands , jog on Courtois £200k a week for a keeper no thx, funny no talk the season before about 200k lol, all the diss comments he has angled at CFC over the seasons duly noted!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mccg said:

Unless he grows another pair of hands , jog on Courtois £200k a week for a keeper no thx, funny no talk the season before about 200k lol, all the diss comments he has angled at CFC over the seasons duly noted!

Why is 200k for a keeper not ok? The guy is a world class player no? You wouldn't bat an eye lid at giving Hazard that... some would even be ok with giving Eden 300k. Why is 200k for a top 3/5 GK in the world too much? 

Fernando likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Why is 200k for a keeper not ok? The guy is a world class player no? You wouldn't bat an eye lid at giving Hazard that... some would even be ok with giving Eden 300k. Why is 200k for a top 3/5 GK in the world too much? er

Think the role a keeper does 100k! is about right lol , everbody in the team will want 200k , think we could get another decent keeper but struggle to get someone with Eden's quality? Neuer gets 150,000 euro's a week so that is why i think 200k is too much, if he improves again in a few years then bump it up. greed greed greed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, mccg said:

Think the role a keeper does 100k! is about right lol , everbody in the team will want 200k , think we could get another decent keeper but struggle to get someone with Eden's quality? Neuer gets 150,000 euro's a week so that is why i think 200k is too much, if he improves again in a few years then bump it up. greed greed greed

If Neuer was in England, I'm sure he'd be on like 250k at least a week. I don't think it's fair people discriminate the role of a GK like that. Just as important as outfield player, and one of the few truly world class players we have. What's 200k these days when Ronaldo and Messi are on like 400k, Rooney's on 300k? He has two years left on his contract, we can't afford to play around and allow it to become an Alexis/Ozil situation. He's already on like a 100k a week I think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Skipper said:

If Neuer was in England, I'm sure he'd be on like 250k at least a week. I don't think it's fair people discriminate the role of a GK like that. Just as important as outfield player, and one of the few truly world class players we have. What's 200k these days when Ronaldo and Messi are on like 400k, Rooney's on 300k? He has two years left on his contract, we can't afford to play around and allow it to become an Alexis/Ozil situation. He's already on like a 100k a week I think. 

Have to agree to disagree on the GK just as important as outfield player , but agree whats 200k nowadays in footie terms (silly money) , deffo wasn't world class 2015/16 season i would have reduced his wages lol, Yeah i guess some people think they are worth more than 100k a week  and not happy with that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe the board and Tibo will come to a resolution eventually.This is just our boards way to negotiate contracts. Tight and scrappy. They will give him 195k or something like this in the end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2017 at 1:48 PM, The Skipper said:

If Neuer was in England, I'm sure he'd be on like 250k at least a week. I don't think it's fair people discriminate the role of a GK like that. Just as important as outfield player, and one of the few truly world class players we have. What's 200k these days when Ronaldo and Messi are on like 400k, Rooney's on 300k? He has two years left on his contract, we can't afford to play around and allow it to become an Alexis/Ozil situation. He's already on like a 100k a week I think. 

Signs are that those sort of wages are likely to be on the decline. Sky Sports are cutting their prices because of falling viewing figures and it's so bloody expensive. A lot of pubs don't show live football anymore it cost £30,000 a year to show football and pubs are closing down left right and centre. A lot of people are using Now TV where you pay £7 for a one off game. Is the bubble bursting not quite but the halcyon days look like they're slowing coming to an end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member