test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Domino-

13. Thibaut Courtois

Started by Domino-,

6,434 posts in this topic

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/13/chelsea-antonio-conte-highest-paid-manager-ward-off-internazionale

Courtois, who has been linked with a return to Spain with Real Madrid, joined the underused Willian in committing his future to Chelsea in advance of the team’s return to the Champions League. “Next season that is a new goal coming for us,” the 25-year-old said.

“It’s already been a few years since Chelsea won the Champions League [in 2012] and I missed out on one with Atlético in the last minute [in 2014], so lot of the players are hungry for winning that as well.

“You need additions because you play on four different fronts, so that’s important, but the club and the manager know what they’re doing. We have already a lot of quality, but sometimes you need a bit more depth. This year we didn’t have injuries and you never know what can happen next year. So they will do their work now and, hopefully, we can finish the season with an FA Cup win as well.”

One of his best qualities is when he commands the box the ball comes flying in...plucking crosses from the air and what not. The game against West Brom was a good example

Stats likes this

On 13/05/2017 at 11:43 PM, Jason said:

Reading that and Eden coments is such music to my ears, thanks for posting that.

With Cech, Lamps, Drogba, and soon Terry gone, we are truly entering a new era at chelsea and I was never realy sure if we will ever replace those players, that squad was just too good. 

And with all these rumours you never know whats gonna happen with our key players, but these comments give me lot of hope for our new squad. 

Its first time I genuinely think Tibo, Eden and others are on great course to become our legends like Cech or Didi one day. I always thought, they are top top players, but not realy true blue, because of certain departure one day. However I think its slowly but steadily changing.

Im sure Tibo was planning to leave us at one point, but now he is leaning to make a career here. So is Eden. 

The titles they are winning here will hopefuly bond them together and we will have one hell of great team.

They were top players for few years now. But if they start loving Chelsea like old guard, their performances will reach completely new levels. Its what true passion does. 

Exciting times ahead indeed :)

On 14/5/2017 at 8:19 PM, Blue Armour said:

One of his best qualities is when he commands the box the ball comes flying in...plucking crosses from the air and what not. The game against West Brom was a good example

Logic, the best box commanding goalkeeper in the world by far. Corner kicks and indirect free kicks for the opponent are completely useless.

kellzfresh and Johnnyeye like this

On 19/05/2017 at 4:23 PM, Last Sicarius said:

Finally he gets some confidence.  And that last minute save vs Sunderland,:worship2::clap: just brilliant. Save of the season.

what an amazing save that was, definitely save of the season ;)