Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

4 hours ago, Hybrid Angel said:

Tibo's bad form doesn't concern me one bit. In fact, it is better to have a dip in form now where there is nothing to play for rather than next season. He's young, talented, and world class. Letting go of him would be foolish. He will be back to the very top next season.

And as if Cech never experienced poor form. People here really like to compare the present to the 'perfect' old times.

Although I dont for one second doubt their legacy, I do find it funny when I read that all those players would have never have let half the things that have happened this season happen.

Some of the results fair enough, but the rebelling against manager's and downing tools in performance effort was a common theme after Jose left the first time, so it's ridiculous short memory to use them as a stick to beat our current lot with.

5 hours ago, Hybrid Angel said:

Tibo's bad form doesn't concern me one bit. In fact, it is better to have a dip in form now where there is nothing to play for rather than next season. He's young, talented, and world class. Letting go of him would be foolish. He will be back to the very top next season.

And as if Cech never experienced poor form. People here really like to compare the present to the 'perfect' old times.

He reacted angrily after some defensive fuck ups against City, everyone saw it, for example after the shot from Kevin, he shouted his little heart out.
If he wants to stay, let him, he's not the best keeper in the league anymore (imo), but overall not too far away from the best, especially when comparing guys at similar age.
Maybe he won't become world class with his distribution, but who really is?! We won't get Ter Stegen, who would offer something new, so taking all things into consideration
who is better and 'available'?!

22 minutes ago, Essien19 said:

He reacted angrily after some defensive fuck ups against City, everyone saw it, for example after the shot from Kevin, he shouted his little heart out.

Isn't that what we want our goalkeeper to do? Not to be shy in his corner.

Don't hate me for making this post.

It is often said in football that a good GK is half the team. True. Although, good GK's can be found EVERYWHERE and need to be good at one thing, shot stopping and Commanding of his area. While I do agree, Courtois is a great talent and would be stupid to lose him, you only need to open your eyes a tad more to see that, everything has a price and there is quality everywhere.

People saying going for Forster would make us the new AC Milan. Really? Because everytime I watch Forster he can take my breath away with some unreal saves. 

Don't let this sound extremely negative towards TBO, but you can find a good keeper everywhere. Unlike the WC player you need in every position, a GK isn't divided into a different bracket for every skill he posesses, because its minimal. This is not me taking away anything from the GK role, much rather people being afraid of losing Courtois. If Real are willing to bet on him and are throwing more than 30 mil. POUNDS, by all means, carry him to Madrid immediately. You only need to take a look, basically everywhere and put enough trust in any other GK( accomodation, once in a while cock-up) to have a new gem.

Butland, Forster, Timo Horn, Ren Zieler, Bernd Leno, Donarumma, Perrin, Rulli are just a few of the much and much talented YOUNG goalkeepers in which you can put your trust in and would make us an instant 20m profit on Courtois.

I do NOT wish Courtois to leave, quite contrary, but if he doesn't want to be here (100%) and we have the opportunity to sell him for big bucks, by all means, cash in Chels. I watched TBO at Atleti and even at Chels, yes he is great, but there are GKs like him, he hasn't dazzled me like De Gea, like Buffon. I don't know if it is the size that makes his saves look easy or something else, but IN MY PERSONAL OPINION, Courtois is the least of our worries, but definitely one of the most profitable players, right now.

18 minutes ago, LondonsFinest said:

It is often said in football that a good GK is half the team. True. Although, good GK's can be found EVERYWHERE and need to be good at one thing, shot stopping and Commanding of his area. While I do agree, Courtois is a great talent and would be stupid to lose him, you only need to open your eyes a tad more to see that, everything has a price and there is quality everywhere.

People saying going for Forster would make us the new AC Milan. Really? Because everytime I watch Forster he can take my breath away with some unreal saves. 

Don't let this sound extremely negative towards TBO, but you can find a good keeper everywhere. Unlike the WC player you need in every position, a GK isn't divided into a different bracket for every skill he posesses, because its minimal. This is not me taking away anything from the GK role, much rather people being afraid of losing Courtois. If Real are willing to bet on him and are throwing more than 30 mil. POUNDS, by all means, carry him to Madrid immediately. You only need to take a look, basically everywhere and put enough trust in any other GK( accomodation, once in a while cock-up) to have a new gem.

Butland, Forster, Timo Horn, Ren Zieler, Bernd Leno, Donarumma, Perrin, Rulli are just a few of the much and much talented YOUNG goalkeepers in which you can put your trust in and would make us an instant 20m profit on Courtois.

I do NOT wish Courtois to leave, quite contrary, but if he doesn't want to be here (100%) and we have the opportunity to sell him for big bucks, by all means, cash in Chels. I watched TBO at Atleti and even at Chels, yes he is great, but there are GKs like him, he hasn't dazzled me like De Gea, like Buffon. I don't know if it is the size that makes his saves look easy or something else, but IN MY PERSONAL OPINION, Courtois is the least of our worries, but definitely one of the most profitable players, right now.

Well said brother!!! :clap:

32 minutes ago, LondonsFinest said:

I agree wholeheartedly with your two main points: -

• If Thibaut does not want to stay then we should give his agent permission to find a club willing to meet our valuation. After the trauma of the current season the last thing we need is to drag player disaffection into the new season too. We need to root it out, not replant it.
  • There are very many highly competent keepers who can contribute fully to a successful team. Let's face it, at one point last season we had three of them and even now we still have two.

Having said that however: -

• I have never heard the expression that a good goalkeeper is half a team but, in any case, it is absolutely 100 percent not true. As is well argued in the remainder of your post.
  • Shot stopping and commanding the area are at least two goalkeeping attributes not one. I say at least because commanding the area probably needs to be broken down into more than one category.
  • Even if we say that shot stopping and commanding the area are only two attributes, they are far from the only ones required to be a sound goalkeeper. Kicking with both feet, distribution from hand, speed off the line to sweep up, to name just three.

3 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I agree wholeheartedly with your two main points: -

• If Thibaut does not want to stay then we should give his agent permission to find a club willing to meet our valuation. After the trauma of the current season the last thing we need is to drag player disaffection into the new season too. We need to root it out, not replant it.
  • There are very many highly competent keepers who can contribute fully to a successful team. Let's face it, at one point last season we had three of them and even now we still have two.

Having said that however: -

• I have never heard the expression that a good goalkeeper is half a team but, in any case, it is absolutely 100 percent not true. As is well argued in the remainder of your post.
  • Shot stopping and commanding the area are at least two goalkeeping attributes not one. I say at least because commanding the area probably needs to be broken down into more than one category.
  • Even if we say that shot stopping and commanding the area are only two attributes, they are far from the only ones required to be a sound goalkeeper. Kicking with both feet, distribution from hand, speed off the line to sweep up, to name just three.

Ughh, I kind of combined them to be one,but lets say that Kicking with both feet, distribution via feet/hands, speed of coming out can all be worked on with time. What I meant is that a GK can be found everywhere and I believe you agreed on that. 

Now there may be a lot of arguing(not solely from you) on whether and how amazing TBO is. Fact is, I only started watched him so closely after the howlers vs Hull and then someone said he can do everything and not keep a clean sheet. Truth be told, I like Tibo, but compared to Neuer, De Gea, Buffon I am yet to see a match in which he just frustrates the opposition. Maybe it is currently psychological and they firmly believe they can bag the three points, but still..

I am willing to bet a lot of money that any other young keeper can have the same impact as he has. At least for the 2 years here that is. I don't want to fault him, but it's his decision making that is really off the chart. For example, De Gea knows he is not great at corners, doesn't risk many clearings. Thibo relies on his height and bottled the CL match vs PSG(last year, which was his better year). Ofcourse he's still very young, but until I've (personally) seen a game in which he completely denies the opposition, then I won't change my mind that if we put Butland or Forster it would be the same. 

I want him to make games like Liverpool COC one at least once a month. It's the always the odd slap, the odd decision, near post, deflection, etc. that make him concede. I don't want to lay into him, because the defence in front of him has been atrocious, but he hasn't look the top 5 GK we expected him to be, at all.

this was posted six days ago on : https://news.asianbookie.com/

Chelsea directors fear backlash if Real Madrid target Courtois sold

Friday, April 15, 2016 6 days ago        

https://news.asianbookie.com/news.cfm?id=251245&section=ENGLAND

Chelsea chiefs are weighing up the ramifications of selling Thibaut Courtois.

The Belgian has been linked with a summer move to Real Madrid.

The Chelsea-fear-selling-Thibaut-Courtois-backfire-Romelu-Lukaku-Kevin-Bruyne-going-prove-club-chiefs-wrong.html"> says Chelsea are willing to offload one of their top stars this summer to help supplement new manager Antonio Conte's transfer budget, with Courtois one who could be sacrificed.

But there is apprehension at Stamford Bridge over the prospect of the Belgium international leaving this summer.

Blues chiefs fear letting Courtois leave this summer could backfire. the shot-stopper, 23, is viewed as one of Europe's best young goalkeepers, despite an indifferent season.

It would be nonsensical to sell Courtois after we're seeing the ramifications of selling De Bruyne & co! 

He has no right to demand a move after we sold Cech to accommodate for him and he's on a long-term contract. The number would have to be astronomical to consider it IMO, because of course everyone has their price.

2 hours ago, LDN Blue said:

It would be nonsensical to sell Courtois after we're seeing the ramifications of selling De Bruyne & co! 

He has no right to demand a move after we sold Cech to accommodate for him and he's on a long-term contract. The number would have to be astronomical to consider it IMO, because of course everyone has their price.

Yeah, but that's why people were so pissed at selling Cech. 

Bowing to player power is crazy - SAF didn't do it - ever - and look how successful his teams were. 

I hope this is just media bollox TBH. 

15 hours ago, Muzchap said:

Yeah, but that's why people were so pissed at selling Cech. 

Bowing to player power is crazy - SAF didn't do it - ever - and look how successful his teams were. 

I hope this is just media bollox TBH. 

But at the same time SAF was happy to let legends go (albeit not to rival clubs). Even though in his case it was players who crossed him (Beckham, Keane) as well as players' natural desire to leave, he usually replaced them adequately. 

Cech was, reasonably, unhappy playing number two. Why wouldn't he be? In theory it was the easiest solution. Get a nice fee for Cech and we still have a potentially world class player to fill the boots. Now the potentially world class player wants out supposedly

The model works if we can replace Courtois with a player of equal calibre and there's not many of those around at all.. Hell the closest one is a Madrid target as well! We just have to hope they're successful in acquiring him. I'd entertain an idea of swapping him of Oblak if Courtois' real desire is to be in Spain - regardless of who for.

If, IF we sell Courtois (which I can't possibly see us doing) then I hope we bring in a keeper in the De Gea/Lloris/Neuer mould who's very comfortable passing it out from the back. Painful watching Courtois hoof the ball up to Ivanovic and fail over and over again for two seasons now. He basically gives the opposition free possession of the ball time and time again. 

Doesn't have to be a sweeper who takes dumb risks, but someone who doesn't flap and panic like Courtois does with the ball at his feet.