test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Domino-

13. Thibaut Courtois

Started by Domino-,

6,387 posts in this topic
12 hours ago, Gilvorak said:

Eh? No it isn't lmao.

His improvement in that aspect has been staggering.

I used to feel a slight discomfort whenever the ball was at his feet. I'd think he might concede possession, put a team mate in trouble by passing the ball to a marked player or even give it straight to an opponent. Now I don't think about anything when he has the ball. Says it all really.

Miguelito likes this

He literally just in our game right there kicked the ball straight at Arsenal's forwards while they were 10 ft away from him because he wanted to give it to Luiz who wasn't even looking in the right direction (who proceeded to slip). He is absolutely not good with the ball at his feet.  

13 hours ago, Leif said:

He literally just in our game right there kicked the ball straight at Arsenal's forwards while they were 10 ft away from him because he wanted to give it to Luiz who wasn't even looking in the right direction (who proceeded to slip). He is absolutely not good with the ball at his feet.  

He is excellent with the ball at his feet this season. Again, one small error and he is utter sh*t again for the next year with the ball at his feet and in decision making. Lmfao

6 hours ago, MCM4PR3Z said:

He is excellent with the ball at his feet this season. Again, one small error and he is utter sh*t again for the next year with the ball at his feet and in decision making. Lmfao

The *majority* of our games he has allowed opposition players within 3 ft of himself and had to hoof it upfield anywhere regardless of direction. You want to see a great keeper, look at the real greats who're still better despite being granddads, like Buffon, Casillas, even Valdes.

He is not good with the ball at his feet.

Who said he's utter shit? Who's saying he isn't one of the best shot-stoppers in Europe?

7 minutes ago, Leif said:

The *majority* of our games he has allowed opposition players within 3 ft of himself and had to hoof it upfield anywhere regardless of direction. You want to see a great keeper, look at the real greats who're still better despite being granddads, like Buffon, Casillas, even Valdes.

He is not good with the ball at his feet.

Who said he's utter shit? Who's saying he isn't one of the best shot-stoppers in Europe?

Did you just call Casillas and Valdes better than Courtois? That's it... I'm done.

Manpe, I'd bet my left arm you haven't even seen 5 games of Valdes or Casillas in the past 3 years. Maybe one or two. So you're either voicing your opinion based on barely any knowledge, or, you're baaaah'ing like a sheep.

But correct me properly if I'm wrong. Do try and tell me how Casillas hasn't been absolutely incredible again for the past year - go on. 

In regards to Valdes, I should've elaborated. My original post is specifically talking about Courtois being shit with the ball at his feet, and having poor distribution. Hence highlighting a true great at goalkeeping distribution, Valdes, who Courtois could learn heaps from still, as the former outperforms the latter in that category. Deny that and you don't understand football.

Now discuss these points with me, unless you'd rather stick to your opinions without any evidence or logic.

BoyBlue96 likes this

1 hour ago, Leif said:

Manpe, I'd bet my left arm you haven't even seen 5 games of Valdes or Casillas in the past 3 years. Maybe one or two. So you're either voicing your opinion based on barely any knowledge, or, you're baaaah'ing like a sheep.

But correct me properly if I'm wrong. Do try and tell me how Casillas hasn't been absolutely incredible again for the past year - go on. 

In regards to Valdes, I should've elaborated. My original post is specifically talking about Courtois being shit with the ball at his feet, and having poor distribution. Hence highlighting a true great at goalkeeping distribution, Valdes, who Courtois who could learn heaps from still, as the former outperforms the latter in that category. Deny that and you don't understand football.

Now discuss these points with me, unless you'd rather stick to your opinions without any evidence or logic.

Don't start me on lack of knowledge, you yourself often talk shit about things you don't understand. Casillas plays in a mickey mouse Portuguese league because he was deemed crap and has been past his best for a long time now. He also had a horrible season recently at Porto. Would you swap Courtois for Casillas? Of course you would, who doesn't want a better player.

Valdes may be a better ball player, he must be as a Barca graduate, maybe you should have pointed that out more clearly in that sentence rather than simply referring to real great goalkeepers. I don't contest that point, but I do contest the point that Valdes is better overall.

the wes likes this

There is no point in discussing with Cech fans. Courtois will always be a big nose sh*tty goalkeeper for them. Just discuss with the Chelseafans, that is much easier :D

the wes likes this

What a beast! Had a discussion with a United supporter today that and he said that Courtois has an average season, that most goalkeepers in the PL would perform the same in this Chelsea. And that De Gea is the greatest goalkeeper ever. Those people must be robots without AI or must use the most powerfull drug ever :D

14 minutes ago, Atholy said:

Excuse me????!! TIBO!!!

I like seeing him show his character.

2 hours ago, Chelsea? said:

Looking like Real will go after De Gea over Tibo

Really hope so

Chelsea? likes this

8 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

Really hope so

Not only would we keep Tibo, but United would lose their best player. 

Johnnyeye likes this

“They tried to get in our mind maybe by fouling and kicking to destabilise us," Courtois told the London Evening Standard. 

“These are the mind games they try to play - they get it from their manager - but we didn’t fall into that trap. 

"They obviously came with a plan, to put Phil Jones and [Matteo] Darmian on Eden and Willian. It was hard to find the space but, after we did, they made a lot of fouls."

The Skipper and Chelsea? like this

19 minutes ago, Azpinator said:

“They tried to get in our mind maybe by fouling and kicking to destabilise us," Courtois told the London Evening Standard. 

“These are the mind games they try to play - they get it from their manager - but we didn’t fall into that trap. 

"They obviously came with a plan, to put Phil Jones and [Matteo] Darmian on Eden and Willian. It was hard to find the space but, after we did, they made a lot of fouls."

Jose isn't used to ppl fighting back like we are. Conte isn't shying away from him, Hazard is paying him no mind and Tibo is calling United out. Brilliant stuff this year. 

Azpinator likes this