Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

1 minute ago, Polo7 said:

What exactly have I done? I get called a cunt twice and on top of that get a warning. Lol fml.

You are taking the thread off topic with posts that have nothing to do with it, but more to do with your debate with Belgianutt.

Did you report the abuse?

59 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

And why would he be acting like a cunt? Because hsi opinion of a belgian player is not as high as yours? :lol:

A lot has been said about the 'belgian fan boys' and their reactions towards some of the posts. Let me remind you:

• Lukaku is an unproven striker who didn't want to fight for his spot and will never make it to the top
  • KDB is a loser with no ambition and no backbone willing to fight for a spot in the team
  • Hazard was a chelsea hero and following the footsteps of Zola. All over sudden his a primadonna made of glass, fat and lazy! He needs to leave
  • Courtois was one of the best Goalies in the world. Now he's the worst GK at the near post ever, a big mouth who needs to shut up... Please sell him

That's 4 players in a row now... All starting XI in one of Europe's best national squads. Who's next? Probably Musonda being an arrogant *** who cannot say he needs a chance because the Primera Division is far from the Premier League.

On top of that... (although I never agreed on) both Lukaku & KDB were unproven players at the Bridge and so it's difficult to defend them. But now also Courtois & Hazard are getting a punch. Both Chelsea Players who had great moments here. Also both of them are amongst the worlds biggest football prospects with a great future in front of them! 

You do realize you're talking about our fellow countrymen and players of our national team! We're very proud to finally have a great generation after years of being Europe's misfit! To see them being slaughtered down for fun with cheap words... what would you expect from us?

16 minutes ago, Atholy said:

A lot has been said about the 'belgian fan boys' and their reactions towards some of the posts. Let me remind you:

• Lukaku is an unproven striker who didn't want to fight for his spot and will never make it to the top
  • KDB is a loser with no ambition and no backbone willing to fight for a spot in the team
  • Hazard was a chelsea hero and following the footsteps of Zola. All over sudden his a primadonna made of glass, fat and lazy! He needs to leave
  • Courtois was one of the best Goalies in the world. Now he's the worst GK at the near post ever, a big mouth who needs to shut up... Please sell him

That's 4 players in a row now... All starting XI in one of Europe's best national squads. Who's next? Probably Musonda being an arrogant *** who cannot say he needs a chance because the Primera Division is far from the Premier League.

On top of that... (although I never agreed on) both Lukaku & KDB were unproven players at the Bridge and so it's difficult to defend them. But now also Courtois & Hazard are getting a punch. Both Chelsea Players who had great moments here. Also both of them are amongst the worlds biggest football prospects with a great future in front of them! 

You do realize you're talking about our fellow countrymen and players of our national team! We're very proud to finally have a great generation after years of being Europe's misfit! To see them being slaughtered down for fun with cheap words... what would you expect from us?

How do you expect Chelsea fans to react to Courtois words? You do realize he's talking about the team most of us here support and are proud of? What do you expect?
-As for Lukaku, he is talented, yes, but his attitude stinks, just look at his dad's words. That will prevent him from ever being part of a real team.
-KDB same problem as Lukaku, some of the City fans don't even want him in their first XI.
-I firmly believe Hazard's form last season was because someone put a fire under his belly, this season he showed his true colours.
-On current form HE IS the worst GK at the near post. And yes he should just shut up.

That's 4 players in a row now... All starting XI in one of Europe's best national squads full of individual, but lacking team spirit. Musonda already showed to be in the mould of the other 4.

There is a pattern here, and something is very very wrong with how these belgian players are brought up.

Also if someone questions Verratti ability i won't just call him a cunt.

36 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

How do you expect Chelsea fans to react to Courtois words? You do realize he's talking about the team most of us here support and are proud of? What do you expect?
-As for Lukaku, he is talented, yes, but his attitude stinks, just look at his dad's words. That will prevent him from ever being part of a real team.
-KDB same problem as Lukaku, some of the City fans don't even want him in their first XI.
-I firmly believe Hazard's form last season was because someone put a fire under his belly, this season he showed his true colours.
-On current form HE IS the worst GK at the near post. And yes he should just shut up.

That's 4 players in a row now... All starting XI in one of Europe's best national squads full of individual, but lacking team spirit. Musonda already showed to be in the mould of the other 4.

There is a pattern here, and something is very very wrong with how these belgian players are brought up.

Also if someone questions Verratti ability i won't just call him a cunt.

Do you realize there is big difference in what one says to the media and the way it's interpreted?

Courtois said we conceded too many goals at Chelsea (41 until now. Last season only 32!). If the journalist then asks if he prefers the Belgian one above the Chelsea defense... of course he needs to say yes. Do you know he only conceded 10 goals in 23 official games with the NT?! What is he supposed to say? It's just the truth. Although it may sound blunt.. He's just telling the truth.

Lukaku amazingly has the image of having a bad attitude, whilst he's probable one of the most dedicated players out there. He's just ambitious! Always have been and always will. What's wrong if he says he wants to join a big club who plays Champions League?? If Vardy says this... everyone would say: sure, damn right you should!! Well Lukaku is just one goal off Vardy FFS!!

KDB with the bad attitude? Come on, this is just nonsense. He's statistics are off the limit. Even at City! So don't start about 'some' fans who don't want him in the starting XI (maybe 100 out of 50.000?!).

Hazard absolutely had a terrible season! But to say 'he showed his true colours' or he reached his top... is just clear nonsense!

Courtois still is amongst the TOP 3 goalkeepers in the world. We should be very happy he's already a Blue! 

Telling the Belgian national team are all individuals and no team... is really utter bullshit. You do know almost half of these guys are actually youth friends??(FYI Benteke, Carrasco, Witsel, Batshuayi, Mirallas & Fellaini are youth friends from Liege, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Mertens, Dembele, Naingollan are youth friends from Antwerp!) Oh no that's right...  you just talk without knowing them! Also the fact they would all be primadonnas with a bad attitude... That's just so untrue! All media stories and populistic bullshit from this forum!

And finally, I never called anyone a cunt! So point not taken! 

9 minutes ago, Spike said:

Or he could be a boring professional and give neutral answers. 'Both defences are very good but also very different. It is a great priveledge to work both with players like Azpilicueta and Vertonghen.' There is a perfect boring answer that can't be taken out of context.

Sure I agree, and you're absolutely right! But don't forget about how the media pushes towards answers.

Tibo conceded 31 goals in 23 of his last official EPL games.

Tibo conceded 10 goals in 23 official NT games.

That's a massive difference. 

4 minutes ago, Atholy said:

Do you realize there is big difference in what one says to the media and the way it's interpreted?

Courtois said we conceded too many goals at Chelsea (41 until now. Last season only 32!). If the journalist then asks if he prefers the Belgian one above the Chelsea defense... of course he needs to say yes. Do you know he only conceded 10 goals in 23 official games with the NT?! What is he supposed to say? It's just the truth. Although it may sound blunt.. He's just telling the truth.

Lukaku amazingly has the image of having a bad attitude, whilst he's probable one of the most dedicated players out there. He's just ambitious! Always have been and always will. What's wrong if he says he wants to join a big club who plays Champions League?? If Vardy says this... everyone would say: sure, damn right you should!! Well Lukaku is just one goal off Vardy FFS!!

KDB with the bad attitude? Come on, this is just nonsense. He's statistics are off the limit. Even at City! So don't start about 'some' fans who don't want him in the starting XI (maybe 100 out of 50.000?!).

Hazard absolutely had a terrible season! But to say 'he showed his true colours' or he reached his top... is just clear nonsense!

Courtois still is amongst the TOP 3 goalkeepers in the world. We should be very happy he's already a Blue! 

Telling the belgian national team are all individuals and no team... is really bullshit. You do know almost half of this guys are youth friends?? Oh no that's right... you just talk without knowing them! Also the fact they would all be primadonnas with a bad attitude... That's just so untrue! All media stories and populistic bullshit from this forum!

And finally, I never called anyone a cunt! So point not taken! 

It's funny though, how only Belgian players are misquoted. Surely something's wrong there.
I was the first to admit Courtois was telling the truth, nonetheless it's just a very stupid thing to say. No need to explain why, also the comments about the training were very stupid.
Lukaku's Ambitious? Nothing wrong. Showing respect and being realistic? No, that's why most people don't like him. Read his dad's latest comments.
KDB lack of work in training just as Hazard's are well knows facts. Wolfsburg's manager mentioned that on a german football show last season. His stats might be impressive, and they are, never questioned his ability, rather his "give me a starting spot because i'm too good" and "everything must go my way" traits make him less alluring as a player. (Just like Lukaku btw)
Fair enough on Hazard, maybe we're being too quick to judge, i doubt it, he never truly convinced, we'll see next season, that is if he doesn't abandon ship.
And did i question Courtois ability overall? If you read carefully, i just said "current form" and still he should shut up.
That's certainly the impression they give out, of course i don't know them. I believe you mentioned a friend of your friend knows Lukaku, fair enough. But what i see with my eyes, on the pitch, and their words, i'm not too overly fond of these players.
The cunt point, was not towards you of course, rather other people.

Fair play to you Fox. You absolutely have the right not to be fond of these players. I have no problem with that. 

But I do have problems with all the wrong things that are being said, especially here on this forum. Then again... it's just a football forum and there is freedom of speech of course!

Lukaku in Chelsea's fans eyes is just a lost cause... I think I will stop putting effort in this matter :). Same thing with KDB. I think it's a logical thing to do when a 'failed' player is rather successful at his new EPL club.  People who are bashing Eden and Tibo are really getting me mad. They are proven Chelsea players!! Bad season, sure thing. And also Tibo should think twice before saying something. But in all fairness, both his comments on the NT defense and the training sessions are just the truth. 

I don't blame you for not knowing our NT squad details. But you see how easy it is to follow the masses in opinions that are just not true. They are friends, no individuals. 

About Lukaku, it was not a friend of friend that knew him. I actually know him myself from his time at Anderlecht. My best friends dad was the Head of Medical Staff so I witnessed his progression from close range these two seasons and also discovered his 100% professional attitude and endless ambition. This last thing caused all the bad charma because he wants too much to quickly (hence the move to Chelsea at age 19 and wanting to be in the squad!).

10 minutes ago, Atholy said:

About Lukaku, it was not a friend of friend that knew him. I actually know him myself from his time at Anderlecht. My best friends dad was the Head of Medical Staff so I witnessed his progression from close range these two seasons and also discovered his 100% professional attitude and endless ambition. This last thing caused all the bad charma because he wants too much to quickly (hence the move to Chelsea at age 19 and wanting to be in the squad!).

That would certainly explain a lot of things :)
Btw, must be awesome witnessing a pro player progression. :P

22 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

That would certainly explain a lot of things :)
Btw, must be awesome witnessing a pro player progression. :P

It was amazing. At age 16 he was ripping the Belgian league a part! Topscorer in his first season. Truly mind blowing for a kid his age! On top of that... he was also already a massive bloke. When I was talking to him ... I just felt like a 12 year old boy who needed to go to the gym asap :)

I was amongst the first to know he signed at Chelsea and I was really happy about that! I just knew he would make it at the top. But he was just to eager to prove himself to the world. Couldn't cope with being dropped into the reserves squad week in and out. I know AVB didn't want to take too many risks... with our 50 million star and didier as ST... he was actually fighting a lost battle. Too eager too soon... should've gone from Anderlecht to West Brom instead. He would have gained an extra season in the EPL and let there be no doubt about his goals scoring abilities. I'm happy he can finally prove himself now to the rest of the world. And you can take my word for granted, his attitude really isn't bad. He's just 1000% ambitious and does/says stupids things because of this sometimes. 

Then again... ambitious people (most of the time) always get where they want. I really have no doubt at all Romelu will be an important striker in one of europe's top 5 teams really soon! He just wants it soo badly he will reach it! 

Imagine calling our one world-class player a "snake" or a "cunt". He's in a bad spell - but so is the entire club. Seems like the fans have moved on from booing Ivanovic, Cesc, and Diego, and chosen Courtois as the new punchbag,

7 hours ago, BlueLion said:

Imagine calling our one world-class player a "snake" or a "cunt". He's in a bad spell - but so is the entire club. Seems like the fans have moved on from booing Ivanovic, Cesc, and Diego, and chosen Courtois as the new punchbag,

It has nothing to do with his bad form, you obviously haven't read anything posted before. It's to do with his big mouth and lack of respect towards the club and his teammates.

53 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

It has nothing to do with his bad form, you obviously haven't read anything posted before. It's to do with his big mouth and lack of respect towards the club and his teammates.

I have, and I've commented on it excessively, which leads me to question whether you've read anything posted before.

He could have said the politically neutral response of saying "I love playing behind Gary Cahill and Branislav Ivanovic as much as I love playing in my country's backline where I've kept cleansheets in 12 of my last 23 internationals", but that would be both boring and untrue. A goalkeeper is as good as his defence, so it isn't surprising we're making him look like Ross Turnbull. You concede the number of shots and chances we do in a game and you're bound to be low on confidence and thus let in poor shots.