Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Please stop the excuses and just bench him. He embarrasses himself week after week. 

When Begovic was our GK he also conceded goals, but that was more due our weak defensive lines. Asmir still made good saves unlike Thibaut who is very error prone currently. 

35 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

Courtois is better than De Gea people said. :D What a joke.

Before Christmas De Gea was conceding from corners and letting in soft goal after soft goal, but he's not a Chelsea player so he's allowed a dip.

13 minutes ago, Essien19 said:

No, because Cech also made mistakes!

Was it really his fault? I don't think so, he made a couple of good saves today, just take a look at the freekick from Payet, wasn't that easy to stop.

As i said before, Courtois isn't at his best, but we have much bigger problems than him.

I agree, we have bigger problems inside the Club compared to Thibo's current form ATM. I hope he can rediscover his old form back, meh...this season's already over for us anyway. But it was nice watching Cesc motivating our players at the end, future Chelsea captain perhaps ?

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

Beaten at his near post...again. F**cking joke! Starting to think he is overrated.

Starting to think so, too. :(

He's a brilliant shot stopper and great at coming for crosses (even with this he's struggled this season) but the rest of his game is weak. His distribution is simply dreadful and he's really poor with the ball at his feet compared to many modern keepers.

Only reason I'm not too hard on him is because of the shit on a stick he always has in front of him. We've seen what he can be with a competent defense in front of him so I'm hoping we build that over the summer. Having Ivanovic, Cahill, and a declining Terry shielding you is disastrous. At the same time, De Gea has had a huge array of shit in front of him and has still done magnificently. 

5 hours ago, Essien19 said:

Was it really his fault? I don't think so, he made a couple of good saves today

Which is basically what he has been doing lately; the nutshell-kind-of-thing. A few good saves here and there only to fuck it up in the end and the worrying thing is he has been conceding goals the same way on almost ALL occasions for which he has been criticised during the past few weeks. There's simply no excuse for that.

43 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

This is how you react when a 23 year old goalkeeper makes mistakes while in other threads you want Guus to play youth.

Young players usually ACTUALLY LEARN from their mistakes. Courtois has been doing the same shit for weeks now. The world's a lot greyer than what you imply.