Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

He has been prone to a mistake or few since his return. I would seriously think of bring Begovic back into the starting XI if things don't improve

Against Bournemouth it was clearly a fault against the goalkeeper, you can't push the goalkeeper in his own area. And the goal today his view was blocked, getting a hand at the ball was the max he could do for me. Don't forget to mention he also has done some miraculous saves in his first games already.

Against Bournemouth it was clearly a fault against the goalkeeper, you can't push the goalkeeper in his own area. And the goal today his view was blocked, getting a hand at the ball was the max he could do for me. Don't forget to mention he also has done some miraculous saves in his first games already.

He's been inconsistent IMO. It can be expected after being out for a period of time, so I hope they disappear from his game.

• 2 weeks later...

He needs to work at his footballing skills, but for a goalkeeper it is the part that is the least important. It is a hundred times worse if you are DDG and your footballing skills and reflexes are excellent, but you still need to work at all the other aspects of your game.

I do hope that he can train as a field player at least once a week from now on, it would be a shame if that never improved.

Truely extraordinary save again though that kept the clean sheet.

He needs to work at his footballing skills, but for a goalkeeper it is the part that is the least important. It is a hundred times worse if you are DDG and your footballing skills and reflexes are excellent, but you still need to work at all the other aspects of your game.

I do hope that he can train as a field player at least once a week from now on, it would be a shame if that never improved.

Truely extraordinary save again though that kept the clean sheet.

I fundamentally disagree. Putting my goalkeeper coaching hat on, I'll tell you footwork is the most important thing in a goalkeeper's repertoire considering 85% of what a goalkeeper does is to distribute the ball.

Agreed about his save, though. You can't coach that. Totally instinctive.

With that one save, compared to DDG's numerous, he showed why he's superior.

(I do rate DDG highly though!)

1. Neuer

2. Courtois

3. de Gea

4. Buffon

5. Cech

A clear top five. Several other outstanding good goalkeepers in Handanovic, Lloris, ter Stegen, Bravo, Navas, etc., but those five are world class.

Thought their keeper was MotM and showed that he is in my opinion the best reactionary shot stopper there is.

Courtois commands his area better though and seems to have more time...must be down to placement and awareness so he doesn't have to make so many saves for the camera as DDG makes