Thibaut Courtois

Domino-

Courtois: Important week

'Of course we are upset, but we have to regroup again and show strength against Porto in the Champions League and next Monday at Leicester,' said Courtois.
'It's an important week for us. On Wednesday we have to win to make sure we are first and qualified. That will be a big boost for the team as well.
'Then Leicester away is a difficult game. We knew last year it was not easy there and now they have the confidence and are playing really well. It will be a very tough game but we are confident we can push on there.'
Saturday's game against Bournemouth marked the first time the Blues have failed to score in a home Premier League fixture since May 2014 and Courtois felt his team-mates were unfortunate not to register on the scoresheet.

'We had some chances, we didn't finish them and at the end the game can change,' he reflected. 'It was difficult creating open chances, although we had them, and if we had scored one then maybe more would come.
'At home you always want to win. We had the confidence after our last games. We were unlucky in our finishing.
'I think this season we are a bit unlucky some games, but we have the same good team as last year and that team was champions so I think we have the quality to get out of this situation and we just have to fight every day, every game.'
After missing 17 games through injury since his previous Blues appearance against Crystal Palace, Courtois was left with mixed feelings about his comeback.
'I just try to play my game, help the team like every player wants to do,' he said. 'I think I started well with some good saves, but it's a pity for the goal I couldn't have a good touch on the ball.
'If you're being pushed by another guy it's not easy to have a hard hit on the ball and it ended up at the wrong foot and it was a goal.'

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/12/courtois--important-week.html

He has everything needed in a world class keeper, he really does.

What impresses me the most is his positioning is so good he makes what would be hard borderline impossible saves for most other keepers, look straight forward and routine.

Begovic did very well filling in but this guy is the best keeper in the league by some distance.

He has everything needed in a world class keeper, he really does.

What impresses me the most is his positioning is so good he makes what would be hard borderline impossible saves for most other keepers, look straight forward and routine.

Begovic did very well filling in but this guy is the best keeper in the league by some distance.

I don't agree with the last part as I rate De Gea very highly but agree with your post overall. He's exceptional. Scary career at the tender age of 23.

I do hope his luck improves in the future regarding his fitness.

I don't agree with the last part as I rate De Gea very highly but agree with your post overall. He's exceptional. Scary career at the tender age of 23.

I do hope his luck improves in the future regarding his fitness.

When I say by a distance its more of how much I rate Tibo than any knock on De Gea, I think the Spaniard is a world class keeper, I honestly believe Tibo is one of those generational talents. Shot stopping is close between him and De Gea but what swings it in Courtois favour for me is his all round game, he's like an air traffic control commander with the ball in the air (which is David's Achilles heal).

Hopefully De Gea goes to Madrid next summer so Courtois doesn't get any ideas, I would honestly be more gutted about losing Tibo than I would Hazard.

And I just wanted to add how great Courtois is on the the ground for a big man. It's astonishing and I love that about him.

Probably because he's a very good volleyball player as is his entire family. Genes.

You can notice it quite clearly in his playstyle.

Courtois is clearly better than DDG, but I understand that a few fans believe the United media.

Or you know, maybe, just maybe, a Belgian is biased towards a keeper from Belgium? Mind = blown.

The fact that you state that De Gea was playing badly from February to July says it all, though. He basically carried United throughout the whole season ffs, and the improvement he showed over the last season has him on par with Courtois, if not even above him one could argue. I personally wouldn't put either of them above the other one; style-wise and because I'm a shit and biased Chelsea fan I take Courtois. But to call it United-tainted propaganda if someone dares to believe that De Gea is as good as the beloved Thibaut is something. I don't read any sports newspapers and usually I even watch football games with no commentary so how does you logic about this United media apply on me?

Good lawd, some objectivity wouldn't hurt you guys.

I don't read any sports newspapers and usually I even watch football games with no commentary so how does you logic about this United media apply on me?

Did you wear a tinfoil hat ? Gotta wear a tinfoil hat mate. That's how they get you.

Tin-foil-hats-Signs.jpg

DDG really played bad those months last season, some people need to watch games. Just take a look at all the goals United received in those months, there alone you will see at least 10 very big mistakes of DDG. And not every mistake he made was a goal in that period.

Just look up some footage. Next time DDG has a bad period, I will make a compilation because the media will shut up about it again, while Courtois will be first page news with his first big mistake.

He was bad, period. He only had 2 good games: Palace and Man City. I've seen every Chelsea and every United game the whole 90 minutes that period. I doubt many fans can say this.