Drogba or Torres

Who should be first choice?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Drogba or Torres

• Drogba
    • Torres
    • Both can partner upfront

Because it seems that Drogba will stay we have a bit of a dilemma on our hands. The consensus is that they are both the type of player that has to be the main striker on their own, so it seems that AVB will only play one of them on the pitch. The question is who shold be first choice at the start of the season? How will it effect the dressing room if one is always put on the bench? For example if Torres starts scoring a goal every 1.5 games will Drogba kick up a fuss that he cant get into the team and vice versa.

So starting with the pre-season game against Pompey, who would you like to have as the main striker, Drogba or Torres?

i dont think we will see the best of Torres whilst Didier is still with Chelsea or is at least in the team . i believe whilst he has been a fantastic servant to the club we should let him go out on a high , instead of letting him fade into relative obscurity . Sturridge , Anelka and Torres should be our 3 first choice striker in my opinion .

The top clubs know the right time to get rid of certain players, barca & ronaldinho for example. It's time to let the 33 year old Ivorian go and embrace a new era. I'd rather not take the gamble and find out how he would react to a lesser role in the side, and how that would effect the dressing room.

I'd go with Torres as well but we can only wait and see really, at least until the end of the pre-season. Granted he could be a bit of a risk, but Drogba is 33 and as Terminator X has more-or-less just said, if Drogba is given a lesser role, his reaction might have a detrimental effect on the rest of the team. It's a new start under Villas-Boas, so hopefully Torres can shine this time around, and with Drogba it's not as likely he can do that.

Only time will tell though and the pre-season will hopefully give us some idea of how things could work out, but for the time being I'm sticking with Torres.

Roman has never given Drogba the respect he deserved. He tried to pick up blockbuster forwards at every turn (Shevchenko, Pizzaro, Torres...Anelka could be put in this group, but he actually produced) while Drogba quietly led the charge forward without making a scene in front of the media.

Drogba is the greatest forward this club has ever had, alongside Peter Osgood. Torres is a frivolous splurge. You know who I'll choose.

Roman has never given Drogba the respect he deserved. He tried to pick up blockbuster forwards at every turn (Shevchenko, Pizzaro, Torres...Anelka could be put in this group, but he actually produced) while Drogba quietly led the charge forward without making a scene in front of the media.

Drogba is the greatest forward this club has ever had, alongside Peter Osgood. Torres is a frivolous splurge. You know who I'll choose.

Roman hosted Drogba's wedding.

Its only pre-season and no-one (well almost no-one) has seen the entire first match to make a judgement...

As it stands...from the highlights: Drogba with an assist and Torres with a goal.....

Hopefully in the coming matches I will hear about Drogba and Torres from now on...(and if anyone says that's impossible I'll just ask them how good the Drogba-Anelka partnership was when Nico had just arrived in a similar Jan Transfer)...

The top clubs know the right time to get rid of certain players, barca & ronaldinho for example. It's time to let the 33 year old Ivorian go and embrace a new era. I'd rather not take the gamble and find out how he would react to a lesser role in the side, and how that would effect the dressing room.

I would neither take the gamble to leave my hopes be laid on Torres' shoulders. Though I'm agree with your post. Thus it is kinda a dilemma.To my eyes, the better to sort it out would be to buy a new striker and let Drogba leave.

Torres, definitely. He's the future, Drogba is the past. I don't think we'll ever see the old Didier anymore.

Remember that Torres is being criticized for his poor performances during his three months in the club, not to mention that he didn't start in many of the games.