With Essien out, you think Mikel will flourish?

Guest justin_3d

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He sometimes hits a wonder volley, like in today's game, completely out of nowhere. And a goalkeeper always saves it. We should give him a penalty if we ever get one when we're 3-0 up in a game.

No! :wag_finger: Penalties for Lampard as he pushes for the top spot in the best Chelsea scorers ever! :doh: He only needs to make sure he scores from the spot :D

Yes. At least he HAS TO.

Why?

I could write sentences about this, but i will put that in 2-3 sentence : he just need to be good because we don't have much options and he is a 24 years old player. In the previous season we used to say : he is younger, he will get better as he grows up. His time has come, this is his chance to prove himself and i am sure he will do good.

No. Sorry! He dosn't impose himself on a game, doesn't contribute any goals, lacks the ability to drivre the team forward and his passing range is limited.

Funny, I recall people saying the same about Maka. I find these two players to be very similar, but Mikel has a bit more pace. He looked good to me last week. There was a couple of times he provided cover for Cole & stopped Pennant making runs down the Stoke right flank. There was a couple of more times I saw Mikel provide cover for either Terry or Alex & stop some runs up the middle. Did he have a perfect match??? No, but IMHO he is the engine of the midfield for Chelsea. Right now anyway.

No.

as much as i want him to, he is not even nearly of the standard for a defensive midfielder at a club of our stature....just look at his passing..there are times i wonder how he made it pro!

his passing throughout the years..and this pre-season(when he should be flourishing) has been woeful.

i'd rather play Joshy or adapt David Luiz to that position.

We've all been to patient with Mikel and he has never delivered!

|

Mikel is a very disciplined passer, arguably the best on our squad.

I don't get where people take the he's a bad passer thing. Everybody has a shit pass once in a while, but overall I think his passing is decent and some have impressed me over the years. A very cool-headed holding midfielder, not the one who used to get carded almost every game :P

Mikel has looked good this season, even though his father has been kidnapped he has shown great mental strength and got on with it and put in two good shifts. He has changed from the undisciplined player he once was picking up a yellow card every game and developed into one of the finest holding players in Europe, I hope he continues to play through out the season and not pick up any injuries to halter his progress :)

I may have been a little harsh on Mikel but all i'm saying is that he is a decent defensive midfielder and considering the rave reviews he got before he joined I sometimes wonder if he would be better in a more advanced like Liverpool's Lucas. I get the feeling that Romeu will surpass him in the next 12 - 18 months with superior passing and the ability to start attacking moves.

I may have been a little harsh on Mikel but all i'm saying is that he is a decent defensive midfielder and considering the rave reviews he got before he joined I sometimes wonder if he would be better in a more advanced like Liverpool's Lucas. I get the feeling that Romeu will surpass him in the next 12 - 18 months with superior passing and the ability to start attacking moves.

Superior passing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wTVNXqJ4eY

Watch the assist at 2:06