With Essien out, you think Mikel will flourish?

Guest justin_3d

Why judge a DM based on his goal scoring ability when that is not one of his primary and direct responsibilities? it's equivalent to criticizing Torres or Drogba for not bre

aking up play,making enough tackles and giving the back four sufficient defensive cover when their job is to actually score goals. Makalele is regarded as one of the best defensive midfielders despite scoring only two goals for Chelsea, why is that?

Where the fuck did I say anything about scoring apart from a sarcastic retort back to you about Cech? I suggest you read all my posts before you comment further. If I wanted to be picky then Mikel is behind Makelele, Essien & Ballack in that respect but that is not what my argument us based on ffs!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where the fuck did I say anything about scoring apart from a sarcastic retort back to you about Cech? I suggest you read all my posts before you comment further. If I wanted to be picky then Mikel is behind Makelele, Essien & Ballack in that respect but that is not what my argument us based on ffs!

If mikel has always been below Chelsea's standard as your posts and pov directly or indirectly suggests then how did he manage to cop a total of 158 appearances for chelsea under 5 different world class and experienced managers including mourinho,Ancelotti and Guus Hiddink?

This.

The problem is that many fans try to see positive things everywhere. Mikel has a lot of limitations, but his lovers keep saying: You dont understand his role.

Mikel does not have a special role that gives the team a balance. He has limitations, thats why he is pragmatic, defensive and only try to mark and disarm. He wont try anything special because he cant do it.

Mikel is not awful as footballer, but he awful for a club that aims to rule the world. We need a guy like Makelele or old-Essien. Mikel is the kind of player You always expect a terrible mistake in a crucial moment of the game. I will never forget those stupid mistakes against City in 2009/10 season, we almost lost the PL because of those silly mistakes.

He also gives the ball so easily under pressure, and its really difficult to see him giving a good long pass, and that is crucial in modern game: a DM that make good long passes.

When the team is atacking he is poor. Not because he did not score, Makelele also scored only one goal, but because he is not kick enough and he often made the wrong decisions.

For me Mikel and Kalou are in the same boat. Players that will never "flourish", and its unbeliveable that they are still here after all those years.

He is not the kind of character a winning CL side has.

Excellent post.

Won't start an arguement with you, believe we both know why.

However I have to point out that's absolute bollocks. Have to wonder if you really meant it or just wrote it to support your case.

Sorry, but all you said in this thread is absolute bollocks and more bollocks.

All you said is "Mikel is a good player and if you think otherwise you posses no football knowledge".

So do pretend you are the guy with good ideas here.

If mikel has always been below Chelsea's standard as your posts and pov directly or indirectly suggests then how did he manage to cop a total of 158 appearances for chelsea under 5 different world class and experienced managers including mourinho,Ancelotti and Guus Hiddink? :censored:

In my last post I told you to read my posts before you spout off again, so instead of admitting that I hadn't mentioned scoring ability you then come back with yet another useless stat. I would call Mourinho & Hiddink world class, Avram grant ummmmm - mind boggles!

Look I will spell out for you & all the other Mikel lovers & there are lots more that havn't got involved is this, my opinion is he has to improve on what he has done so far for us, now would you say in those 158 appearances that he has been as good or better than Makelele or Essien? If the answer to that is yes then you & the other lovers are liars. I agree with Henrique in that if we are to become world beaters then we must improve & that's not just Mikel I'm talking about.

Lastly Mikel as I'm told on here has now matured, at the right age, well as I said he has the manager now to help him mature into the player you lot already think he is, he has ability but whether he can make that next step up is another matter & I can see him doing ok against mediocre sides but when the shit hits the fan & we play a top side don't be surprised if he gets mugged at a crucial moment.

Let's hope you lot are right & I'm categorically wrong.

He also gives the ball so easily under pressure, and its really difficult to see him giving a good long pass, and that is crucial in modern game: a DM that make good long passes.

This is a bit unfair in my opinion. I'd say the opposite ! When under pressure, I find him calm and composed, and he knows how to keep the ball. Furthermore, last year he was our only player (bar defenders) who seemed to be able to cope with pressure and keep the ball (I know I know, it doesn't say that much since all our players were more or less crap, but still).

I'm a bit weired about ppl talking about mikel like he was shit but at the same breath demand a transfer of a 45 million euro tool which isn't even proved to european football... strange...

@godzola...

just do you're research... and read the links ppl post to you... thats you're problem you dont read the links and watch what ppl show to you... its what I've written in my post already...

Sorry I missed this one.

I don't read ANY LINKS, & I'm not interested in stats (I'm not the only one that thinks that) before you harp on about it, I will give you a stat to get you're teeth into, Makelele & Essien have been & were better than Mikel in that position - I rest my case.

Here you go lionsden just for you...........

Here's another one, Torres scored 1 prem goal last season in how many games - does that make him a poor player because of that stat? You see stats don't give a true picture, oh if he his better than Fabregas at this & that then why don't Barca bid for Mikel instead?

God Zola and Henrique in tandem ...what a pair of .........(fill in your word)

Look I don't give a flying fuck on what you think of my comments or anyone else - but keep you're pathetic fucking little digs to yourself. It's a sad place when the minority get picked on by the cyber bullies just because their opinions differ to the majority.

Look I don't give a flying fuck on what you think of my comments or anyone else - but keep you're pathetic fucking little digs to yourself. It's a sad place when the minority get picked on by the cyber bullies just because their opinions differ to the majority.

its because your posts are pathetic and repetitive full of cliches and lacking in substance.

Guest justin_3d

If i remember at the beginning of the season our defenders praise Mikel cause he helped them defend, and thus let the defenders attack like our RB and LB.

Not sure if Mikel was defending a lot because he wanted to, or because Carlo order him.

But I am curious to see how AVB will use him.

For me Mikel has a lot of talent, and this season should be his break or make. If he can't convince the skeptics then i am sure next season he will be out.

Sorry I missed this one.

I don't read ANY LINKS, & I'm not interested in stats (I'm not the only one that thinks that) before you harp on about it, I will give you a stat to get you're teeth into, Makelele & Essien have been & were better than Mikel in that position - I rest my case.

so its what i said, you dont read ANYTHING, and you dont WATCH anythin (no highlits of games noth'n), you're not interested in any critics who said Mikel has come forward leaps and bounds, BUT you KNOW everything... intresting... please could you tell me the lotterie numbers for this weekend? heared a lad has won 185 Mio Euros, was this probably you?

sry god zola, dont has anything against you and always rated you but you have not ANY I will repeat ANY argument despite you don't LIKE Mikel... and if you don't like him but he is a WORLD CLASS Midfielder if you like it or not than just leave it as it stands...

don't know why you're on a forum if you cant discuss... and you cant rethink (or maybe THINK at all) you're opinion? I don't like Iniesta or Rooney, but can admit ANY DAY they're wonderfull footballer... so what?

just think about it

I think Mikel will develope, i don't think he will be the next Essien, he's a different player in my opinion, but he's a good defensive midfielder, kind of like Tiote who plays for Newcastle. But we can't rely on him, he's still developing, we need a replacement definitely someone who is ready.

its because your posts are pathetic and repetitive full of cliches and lacking in substance.

[/quote

Bollocks!

It's more to do with the fact that I happened to agree with henrique that's getting up you're nose than anything else.

Tell me Mr cyber headmaster, how are my posts pathetic & full of cliches? Now I've tried to answer each poster that's responded to my posts, hows that being repetitive when each one is coming back with a different post? Are they not repetitive too, sorry forgot, its just me who can't have an opinion!

Forums need people like henrique & myself who don't come on here to agree with everyone - it promotes debate, for the record I have disagreed with henrique before & prob will do again, I had a spat with madmax a few months ago but that doesn't mean I will disagree with him on everything else. I'm not going to change just because you don't like it, If you are going to throw pathetic sad posts out people expect the same in return, henrique might dismiss it but I won't.

I think Mikel will develope, i don't think he will be the next Essien, he's a different player in my opinion, but he's a good defensive midfielder, kind of like Tiote who plays for Newcastle. But we can't rely on him, he's still developing, we need a replacement definitely someone who is ready.

Mikel has been playing on the first team consistently since the days of The Special One. At this point, I think he is what he is. Should he be a starter? That's debatable, but I doubt he makes any more significant leaps.

your the greatest pethetic person in this forum.

You are also repetitive, since all You can do is quote my posts to talk bullshit.

Clueless guy.

There's a rumour heating up we're targeting Cheik Tiote as an Essien replacement.

I seem to remember we did try to lure him in January. Thoughts?

Tiote isn't a creative defensive midfielder, he just saves a lot of trouble for the back 4, he's very good at putting a tackle in but his passing isn't strong at all, he gives the ball away quite a lot.

your the greatest pethetic person in this forum.

You are also repetitive, since all You can do is quote my posts to talk bullshit.

Clueless guy.

your paranoia is growing at an alarming almost exponontial rate ,,,start taking meds,