Chelsea Vs Liverpool

BlueLion.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awful

Crap ref, extremely negative Liverpool. But in the end, we were awful anyway. So gutting to keep dropping points.

Come on Rovers! If Blackburn don't get a result tomorrow, Arsenal are suddenly looking good for the title.

A manager would be top of my list. Playing Lampard dismissed the good recent performances by SWP and Ballack.

More than likely be 8 points off the pace tonight, with us yet to win against any of the top four since Romans puppet arrived.

The two against Arsenal and Man united at home will be crucial.

Lampard +Ballack = defeat or draw

Lampard on his own = win

Ballack on his own = win

in conclusion Ballack and Lamps play shit when they play together

In conclusion, Lampard has spent over a month out injured and shouldn't have played. We won't know if both can play together until he is fully fit, but Ballack had to carry Frank for 70 minutes yesterday, so Anelka was isolated through the middle. Anelka is a great player, but he hasn't got anything on Didier. I want to see what they can do up front together next week, though.

Bottom line of that game was that our passing was poor, actually it was beyond poor it was bloody awful!!!

SWP isn't half the player when played on the wing, either play him inside or not at all. Our attacking threat was cut down by Lamps and Ballack both being man marked and Maka isn't going to get forward and with SWP being non-existant the only threat we had was from J.Cole and Anelka.

We are definately missing a cut and thrust impact player in the central midfield which SWP has brought to us but we need someone who can do it even better. We played a lot better when Mikel came on and brought some decent passing to the midfield at last.

We needed to win that game and it was an oppertunity missed with Man you losing.

Bottom line of that game was that our passing was poor, actually it was beyond poor it was bloody awful!!!

SWP isn't half the player when played on the wing, either play him inside or not at all. Our attacking threat was cut down by Lamps and Ballack both being man marked and Maka isn't going to get forward and with SWP being non-existant the only threat we had was from J.Cole and Anelka.

We are definately missing a cut and thrust impact player in the central midfield which SWP has brought to us but we need someone who can do it even better. We played a lot better when Mikel came on and brought some decent passing to the midfield at last.

We needed to win that game and it was an oppertunity missed with Man you losing.

SWP is definitely better behind the forwards in a central position, rather than an average player on the right wing.

Yesterday he would have been ideal to replace Lampard, would have livened it right up, and Malouda on the left with Cole on the right. We have enough talent employed, just needs to be utilised in the right way-with the right motivation. kalou would have made the difference yesterday as well.

SWP is definitely better behind the forwards in a central position, rather than an average player on the right wing.

Yesterday he would have been ideal to replace Lampard, would have livened it right up, and Malouda on the left with Cole on the right. We have enough talent employed, just needs to be utilised in the right way-with the right motivation. kalou would have made the difference yesterday as well.

Thought Mikel did very well replacing Lampard and it had an impact on the control of our play. Malouda is a very odd player for me, in general his performances are not that great but he will pop up once or twice a game and do something to make an impact, he is a little lightweight too. Kalou would have been ideal with Joe on the right and SWP down the middle because the scousers love it when the game is slowed down and they would have struggled with them.

Thought Mikel did very well replacing Lampard and it had an impact on the control of our play. Malouda is a very odd player for me, in general his performances are not that great but he will pop up once or twice a game and do something to make an impact, he is a little lightweight too. Kalou would have been ideal with Joe on the right and SWP down the middle because the scousers love it when the game is slowed down and they would have struggled with them.

From what I've seen of Kalou in the ACN, he's coming back a better player. Ashley Cole and Obi shone yesterday amongst a lot of drabness.

From what I've seen of Kalou in the ACN, he's coming back a better player. Ashley Cole and Obi shone yesterday amongst a lot of drabness.

Kalou has been pretty impressive all season to be honest, a real livewire that defences can't handle, his assists and goals have been first class this season, can't wait to have him back.

Good call on Ashley Cole, it was obvious from the start he was a man with a point to prove and he did very well. Mikel was class when he came on but Riccy and Alex again were very solid.

Kalou has been pretty impressive all season to be honest, a real livewire that defences can't handle, his assists and goals have been first class this season, can't wait to have him back.

Good call on Ashley Cole, it was obvious from the start he was a man with a point to prove and he did very well. Mikel was class when he came on but Riccy and Alex again were very solid.

And not forgetting Cech. It's easy to forget the positives when theres a goal drought. There were a few good performances yesterday

Kalou has topped the assist table I'm fairly certain.

And not forgetting Cech. It's easy to forget the positives when theres a goal drought. There were a few good performances yesterday

Kalou has topped the assist table I'm fairly certain.

I would not be suprised at all if Kalou was our top assist maker. And Cech was another of the good performers.

Some big choices to make now for the team - formation, team selection ect... can Anelka play on the wing and play with Drogba? Will we go for 2 up top? Midfield 3 or 4?

I would not be suprised at all if Kalou was our top assist maker. And Cech was another of the good performers.

Some big choices to make now for the team - formation, team selection ect... can Anelka play on the wing and play with Drogba? Will we go for 2 up top? Midfield 3 or 4?

Well I've a feeling the 4 3 3 will remain. The 90 minutes will be split between Drogs and Anelka.

Expect to see them both on if its 0-0 or we're trailing. Could be wrong though.

Personally I'd play them both, SWP behind, with Mikel, Ballack and Joe Cole. Shevchenko, kalou and Malouda ready to shake things up if required.

BTW Did Joe Cole get booked yesterday ?? means he'd miss the Yid game if so.

Well I've a feeling the 4 3 3 will remain. The 90 minutes will be split between Drogs and Anelka.

Expect to see them both on if its 0-0 or we're trailing. Could be wrong though.

Personally I'd play them both, SWP behind, with Mikel, Ballack and Joe Cole. Shevchenko, kalou and Malouda ready to shake things up if required.

BTW Did Joe Cole get booked yesterday ?? means he'd miss the Yid game if so.

Nah, Joey was a good boy yesterday and sensibly stayed away from any tackles :D

I agree i think 4-3-3 will remain in place, but only if Kalou can continue his form because i don't believe it is effective enough with Malouda or SWP on the wings especially for the bigger games.

If we was going for a 4-4-2 i think the Mikel and Ballack central combination would be the best to go with.