Chelsea Vs Liverpool

BlueLion.

Chelsea vs Liverpool

Chelsea tackle Liverpool at Stamford Bridge knowing three points will effectively end their rival's title ambitions

Chelsea are unbeaten in 75 home league matches and will seek to improve this record when they entertain a Liverpool side who have yet to score a goal at Chelsea since 2004. As ever, the game is likely to be a cagey-yet-entertaining affair, which the home side having fresh memories of recent triumphs against Rafa Benitez's side.

This corresponding fixture last season was settled with a stunning turn and finish by Didier Drogba whilst Frank Lampard and Andrei Shevchenko scored against the same opposition in this season's League Cup. Lampard also scored in the 1-1 draw at Anfield in August, though the England midfield dynamo is in a race to be fit for the big showdown.

Match chat here!
Edited by BlueLion

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they beat us we'll never hear the end of it.they'll prob have a sodding party up in scummy land.

1-0 or a draw.Either way its gana be tight but after today we've gotta go with that bouncing back feeling.Cant afford to drop anymore points now

All be good as long as no one gets injuried in the England friendly!

Grants chance to prove to everyone he has what he takes against the top 3...

Lets stay in the bloody race and make scummy cry even more!!!

Edited by Layla

We have to win this, we have no alternative. Realistically six points is too much to ask now. It was the same at this stage last campaign, we just can't catch up. However, ending up third may be a blessing in disguise - yes, we will have to play extra European games (unless we win the tournament this season), but it allows us to assess our team and gather early form.

Wont mind 3rd,long as we are say 6 points behind I'll settle for that.We've come close at least and if scum end up miles up and 5th place even better as really they have no excuses.

A Gerrard own goal would make this game more fun hehehe

Edited by Layla

We have to win this, we have no alternative. Realistically six points is too much to ask now. It was the same at this stage last campaign, we just can't catch up. However, ending up third may be a blessing in disguise - yes, we will have to play extra European games (unless we win the tournament this season), but it allows us to assess our team and gather early form.

Last time we had to catch Manu only. Thats all. But this time we have to catch 2 teams. One team can slip up. But I cant say same abt 2 teams. Though we have home fixtures against top 2. Now we gotta see how many points Liverpool gonna cut from Manu and Asnl from their matches. Manu vs Asnl is one to watch for too. I still believe we can grab the top spot but we gotta win every single match till month of April. Like what Jose did last year.

Edited by Blue Maverick

If they beat us we'll never hear the end of it.they'll prob have a sodding party up in scummy land.

1-0 or a draw.Either way its gana be tight but after today we've gotta go with that bouncing back feeling.Cant afford to drop anymore points now

All be good as long as no one gets injuried in the England friendly!

Grants chance to prove to everyone he has what he takes against the top 3...

Lets stay in the bloody race and make scummy cry even more!!!

Our key players are not playing in England Friendly (i.e. Lamps and JT). Mikel/Essien will be back by 10th Feb because on of them gonna end their ACN campaign today.

BTW Lamps gonna play against loserpool?

This is going to be an incredibly hard, Im really worried about this match.

worry not my friend :whistling:

we're gonna crush them scummy's and show them what a real member of the "big 4" is about.

i bet they're more worried than you mate :thumbsup:

regards:JBD

Dont mean JT and Lampard,Joe Cole,Ashley Cole,Shauny etc.

And think Lampard be on as a sub be stupid to throw him on for the first game when he hasnt played in ages,mean it was done with Moulda but didnt exactly get a great performance from it so hopfully.He'll come on and get his 100th goal!

I'm scared about this. Trust those lot to ruin everything. If we lose, we'll lose the unbeaten home record and our title hopes would be gone and to lose everything because of liverpool would be horrible, i would be suicidal. I can see sunday being a nightmare. But on the other hand, how the fuck can they beat us at the bridge? they aint even scored at the bridge against us since Bruno Cheyrou early in 2004, and thats in all competitions. Their current form is nothing but shocking, they are an average premiership team and without Gerrard and Torres they are a shit premiership team. If they win on sunday, it would be because of one of the following reasons.

1) Early Chelsea red card

2) Chelsea hit the woodwark twice

3) Liverpool score a controversal goal, either a dodgy pen or a bad offside decision

4) Chelsea just dont turn up

5) Liverpool get awfully lucky and the law of averages, the same law that made fulham win today and us draw with pompey and leicester beat crystal palace gets us.

we are sooo much better than them. 2-0 to us.

Edited by OllieCFC

All we can do is concentrate on what we are doing and not think about anyone else.

This season no-one expected us to be in a position such as we are after the early goings on at the start of the campaign. Its all about those 2 above us. We've went about our business doing what we needed and thats all we can really continue to do. Theres no pressure on us whatsoever imo.

Liverpool got their first win yesterday this year.....says enough about their form.

Mikel could return and Lampard should no doubt be ready. I read a few weeks ago that JT was targeting the Liverpool game for his return. :D

If we put them to the sword then they will no doubt be put out of any chance they dream of challenging for the title and in turn keep the pressure on the top 2.

Just noticed this in the oppening post.

"Chelsea are unbeaten in 75 home league matches and will seek to improve this record when they entertain a Liverpool side who have yet to beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge since 2001."

thats actually wrong. In 2001 we never lost to them, beat them 3-0 in 00/01 and 4-0 in 01/02 and they beat us in 2004. Just thought i'd kinda say that :P

c'mon we must confident to beat liverpool in Stamford Bridge

I hope Ballack and Lampard can play together with Maka or Mikel behind them

My Formation

===========Cech==========

Beletti===Alex===Riccy==Ashley

==Ballack===Mikel===Lampard==

Shauny====Anelka====Joe Cole

Subs

Cudicini

Ben Haim

Makelele

Sheva

Malouda

c'mon we must confident to beat liverpool in Stamford Bridge

I hope Ballack and Lampard can play together with Maka or Mikel behind them

My Formation

===========Cech==========

Beletti===Alex===Riccy==Ashley

==Ballack===Mikel===Lampard==

Shauny====Anelka====Joe Cole

Subs

Cudicini

Ben Haim

Makelele

Sheva

Malouda

that's the line up i would hope for......................but can ballack and lamps play in the same midfield, it seems to me earlier in the season it just was'nt working ballack with no lamps and visa versa worked.

regards:JBD

Edited by josesbluediamonds