Marko Marin

Melanicus

Two important aspects that I consider with this signing -

The first is that I have said a number of times that the club need to look at buying players at the first source as opposed to the second. What I mean by this is that despite a player like Ramires being a superb signing, we paid three times the amount that Benfica paid for him just a year later. This signing seems to show we may be finally doing this. it may be more of a risk, but the player is purchased much cheaper. Romeu has shown he will continue to develop as a bargain buy, and hopefully Marin will be the same. In previous years Marin would have ended up moving to a team like Valencia or Porto and then we would buy him another season or two later for £15-20m, so I'm glad the board are looking at this.

The second thing is that, perhaps for the first time during Abramovich's reign, I fully trust the board and Emenalo with the signings the club are looking to make. The signings of David Luiz, Ramires, Mata, Romeu, Lukaku, Courtois, De Bruyne and Cahill have proven to be exceptional for an immediate impact in the first team for most and great vision for long term planning. This is another sign of that. They have seen something they like with Marin and spotted an opportunity given the price, and I trust our transfer business this summer will be excellent, well thought out and take us on to the next era of the club.

I just wonder whether Robbie has had any say on this transfer? Hopefully this has been made on his recommendation, and he will be managing us next season.

Mikel-Moutinho/Ramires

Mata

Hulk-Torres-Marin

KDB should stay, Lukaku dont know, Kakuta stay, Josh loan, Bertrand stay, buy Azpi and that is it.

Would like to see Hazard in aswell, but if Marin will prove himself, he should be starter and then we dont need Hazard at all.

Hamšik wouldnt fit in, since Mata is already playmaker. Moutinho would pair Hulk great, since they know each other well.

All that hype about super-top-class-expensive-240mio players and now we got Marin for start? I am happy, but all you dont expect more than two top players to come. IF they come. My choice would be Hulk and Moutinho or Hazard. We need new holding midfielder and Moutinho is great at attacking actions and tracking back. Hulk knows how to score goals if our strikers fail. Personaly, I would wait with buying a new stiker this season. In winter perhaps, if Torres still struggles to find consistant form. I have feeling our board counts on Marin, wouldn't expect us to buy another winger on LW.

Besides, we have Ramires, who proved on both wings against barca.

That means: RB Azpi - 12mio

Creative holding midfielder Moutinho - 25mio

2 wingers Marin and Hulk - 8mio and 35mio

We should wait with striker until winter, but in this case we lost Hazard...we wont get hulk (needed because of his strenght) and Hazard, along Marin...

Selling Ferrerira and Bosingwa, Malouda...keep Drogba one year, Lampard, Mikel/Essien, Kalou?

I know this is list of four good players, but already about 80mio. And that is max we will spend. Forget about Cavani, Hazard, Hamšik and Hulk in one team...

Different from his customary 4-1-2-1-2 formation used for his previous successful squads, Schaaf saw the talent of all three players when played in their favoured positions and went forward with a 4-2-3-1 formation with Marin and Hunt on opposite wings while Ozil played behind the lone striker with some rotation amongst the three, showing that Marin had a little versatility to play across the front three.

This makes me wonder if Robbie had some input into this. It's clear he prefers to play 4-2-3-1 to get Mata in the middle, but we really lack the players to play out wide. I think it's a good signing. He has been forced to play out of position since Ozil left, and that won't happen at Chelsea - Mata is and will remain the main man in the middle for us. With a couple of genuine wide men, this formation will be the beginning of the evolution of our football club.