Marko Marin

Melanicus

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4433774/Marko-Marin-out-to-prove-Chelsea-worth.html

MARKO MARIN reckons he will blossom at Chelsea — even if he'll need to be patient when it comes to commanding a first-team place.

The 23-year-old moved to Stamford Bridge at the start of the summer transfer window from German side Werder Bremen.

While he comes to English football on the back of some much-hyped performances in the Budesliga, he believes the best is yet to come.

Marin said: "I hope I didn't reach it [his peak] yet because I am still young and I hope I will improve and show my best at Chelsea.

"If you play and train every day with players of such quality, then if you want to improve you surely can."

Marin accepts there will be competition for places with boss Roberto Di Matteo still looking to strengthen his squad before the start of the season.

He added: "I have to show my qualities and play as well as I can, and if I do this then I am not afraid and I am sure I will play.

"Nobody has assurances that they will play, but if I do well then of course I will play."

As CHOULO19 said previously, he likes to talk to the media! :lol:

Marko Marin has been a very smart signing at the time we made it, as no CL football was guaranteed and there was great great demand for action on the wings. By now we're CL winners (the though still gives me a little bit of goosebumps) and can attract every class player on the market, we probably would not repeat it, though it still is a smart one.

Marin might not be as effective and skilfull as Hazard, but his top professionalism and raring-to-go-attitude make him mentally more prepared for the challenge. His two years of frustration at Bremen also made him a player who can handle sportive disappointments. In Germany every footballing kid possesses his good share of skills and is technically well educated. Only the physically aptest ones are given the chance to be professionals, so I would not worry about his skills or his physique. He has played on international level often enough so I also would not worry about him being able to fit in, atleast I can see Oscar; De bruyne or kakuta (if kept); and maybe even Hazard rather struggling than him.

Mata is at the Olympics and we'll have about 60 games or more this season (hopefully) so he will get his time regardless if we sign any of Moses, Hulk and Oscar.

would love to see him flourishing at CFC, would also enhance the club's repu in Germany. As for marko himself i wonder if it is the most pleasant situation being in a pool of such great wingers with regard to his career in international football but if chelsea would have come up for me during the season and wanted me to join i would not have hesitated a sec