Marko Marin

Melanicus

He dares wear the famous Number 21? And more to the point, the club lets someone wear the famous Number 21?

BLASPHEMY!

That was reserved for either Dame N'Doye or Gylfi Sigurdsson, and since neither are arriving this window should be retired until one of them come to claim it.

He dares wear the famous Number 21? And more to the point, the club lets someone wear the famous Number 21?

BLASPHEMY!

That was reserved for either Dame N'Doye or Gylfi Sigurdsson, and since neither are arriving this window should be retired until one of them come to claim it.

Oh cap. :doh: Serious, GTFO!!

I don't know why, but I am more excited about Marko and Kevin than Hazard.

Maybe because they are less high profile and have that element of surprise to them?

I disagree. The lad hasn't even played his 1st minutes for Chelsea and half people from here didn't watch him at Werder. Yes, if he struggles to establish himself then he will probably be coming on from the bench, but if he does well, I'm pretty sure RDM will give him more chances. It's really down to Marko and how well he does. Just because that he is not a big name, is having Kalou's 21 and we didn't spend a lot of money it doesn't mean that he will surely be a bench warmer.

Even Kalou had his chances throughout the years. Lots of times when he came on as a sub and did well, he would get more minutes afterwards which he usually failed to make the best of.

Alas, your arguments against others' judgments of 'assuming things' lead you to make the same for mine.

I have followed him over the years and trust me, 3 years back I would be the person most excited at his signing.

My verdict isn't based on he is not a big name, neither having Kalou's 21 and nor because we didn't spend a lot of money

I have seen him, much like I've followed the Bundesliga, he was reduced to a bit part role at Werder Bremen last season THAT forms the major reason of my assessment apart from the fact that we have Hazard, Mata, Sturridge(Adapted to the league and more physical), Ramires and the impending arrival of Hulk as his main competitors for the 3 positions he can play viz. RW, LW AM(hole).

Alas, your arguments against others' judgments of 'assuming things' lead you to make the same for mine.

I have followed him over the years and trust me, 3 years back I would be the person most excited at his signing.

My verdict isn't based on he is not a big name, neither having Kalou's 21 and nor because we didn't spend a lot of money

I have seen him, much like I've followed the Bundesliga, he was reduced to a bit part role at Werder Bremen last season THAT forms the major reason of my assessment apart from the fact that we have Hazard, Mata, Sturridge(Adapted to the league and more physical), Ramires and the impending arrival of Hulk as his main competitors for the 3 positions he can play viz. RW, LW AM(hole).

Well you can't expect me to foresee how much you know about Marin. Just putting 1 sentence saying he will be a sub isn't going to tell a lot ;)

For the record, I also believe he will warm the bench more, but unless our business in the transfers is done and I actually see him play I will wait before passing my judgement. Who knows, perhaps he turns out to be a massive success...he certainly has the quality and seems like a good lad.

I can only see him being a Super Sub kind of role

Have you seen him play enough to make that statement? Nothing is set in stone and a first place spot in the team is very much up for grabs, he has to impress in training and pre-season. I personally agree with you I don't feel he will be a starter straight away for us with Eden, Mata, KDB and potentially Mosses or Hulk who will be fighting it out for the wing. You never know though.

Some people should stop overpraising Hazard and underestimating Marin. Yeah Marin didn't win Player of the Year in the league he was in but so did Mata or Ramires for instance. It's our job as fans to have faith in each new player that comes in.