Marko Marin

Melanicus

Whoever says that Marin is faster than Ramires is wrong. Ramires is faster and has amazing stamina - he can run fast for a long time. On the other hand Marin is slower than Ramires, but he can accelerate and make few (crucial) fast runs past opponents. His stamina isn't too good.

I watched Marin plenty this year, and I am...underwhelmed by this news.

Marin is basically a poor man's Daniel Sturridge.

Nice moves, good pace, but no vision, no football IQ, and horrible final ball. Finishing is below par to boot.

Getting this kid is a bad move IMO.

I watched Marin plenty this year, and I am...underwhelmed by this news.

Marin is basically a poor man's Daniel Sturridge.

Nice moves, good pace, but no vision, no football IQ, and horrible final ball. Finishing is below par to boot.

Getting this kid is a bad move IMO.

I can understand what you're saying. Even if he's terrible, we didn't spend much on the fee.

You haven't seen him in a Chelsea kit yet, so stop moaning. Do you remember Cahill's thread? He is average defender, we only bought him because he's English, he should not play for us... And what he turned into? Defender who ate Messi in his first season in Champions League.

Exactly. If he isn't Chelsea standard after a couple of seasons, then fair enough. He doesn't even play for us yet and he's being slagged off, SMH.

That is very, very unfair on him, by no means is he average. He is inconsistent and like Sturridge can be incredibly frustrating when he's not contributing goals and assists, but just like Danny, he is brilliant at the top of his game. Hopefully the pair of them find some consistency!

Whoever says that Marin is faster than Ramires is wrong. Ramires is faster and has amazing stamina - he can run fast for a long time. On the other hand Marin is slower than Ramires, but he can accelerate and make few (crucial) fast runs past opponents. His stamina isn't too good.

I would say he can pip Ramires over extremely short distances, like 10-20 metres which is probably more important in football. Ramires would destroy him over 50 and 100 metres, though.

good buy with little money, best case scenario; he turns out to be a superstar and we have a steal. worst case scenario; he is unable to cope and becomes a good squad player. i will rather have him as a squad player than malouda.

People just don't learn do they?

Remember slagging of Ramires as a waste of money?

Cahill not good enough for Chelsea cause he is just from Bolton?

People need to chill out and wait at least a season before you judge a player.

Some players might hit the ground running like Mata and others might take a long time like Ramires.

I can't believe its been this long since we signed a pacy wide player. Malouda and Zhirkov don't count and neither have break away speed. I seriously think Ramires is in the top 5 fastest players in the planet, he is ultra fast.

Good thing or a bad thing?

Usual thing.

Just like KDB, I reckon this is another signing based on judgement by Piet De Visser or whatever his name is!

Wonder what Emenalo (and his team) have to do to get credit.

Apart from the now tiring wiki story and some media articles from over 3 years ago there is no connection between Piet De Vissier and the club. I'm baffled by how often he's mentioned.

I bet if this transfer was done under Arnesen the official site would be full of pictures of him smiling alongside Marin.