Marko Marin

Melanicus

Is he fast, direct and a dribbler?

Heard he was on the bench for most part of the season

Haven't watched Bremen much this season so I can't answer the second part, but in the few matches I have watched him with Werder, they made the mistake of playing him behind the striker.

Marko is a winger, and pretty darn good one. He is faster than any of our current players, and his small stature gives great ball control, so you'd back him in any one-on-one situation. Even with the German national team, he has impressed quite a bit everytime he played, and that, imo, is saying something.

Haven't watched Bremen much this season so I can't answer the second part, but in the few matches I have watched him with Werder, they made the mistake of playing him behind the striker.

Marko is a winger, and pretty darn good one. He is faster than any of our current players, and his small stature gives great ball control, so you'd back him in any one-on-one situation. Even with the German national team, he has impressed quite a bit everytime he played, and that, imo, is saying something.

He is Faster than Ramirez? I dont beleive that.

Just because he is small doesnt mean he will have good ball control and good at one on one. Look at SWP.

I didnt see anything exciting about him on youtube. But then again I didnt find anything exciting about Mata either.

He is Faster than Ramirez? I dont beleive that.

Just because he is small doesnt mean he will have good ball control and good at one on one. Look at SWP.

I didnt see anything exciting about him on youtube. But then again I didnt find anything exciting about Mata either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSs60SIhYu0

http://www1.skysport..._medium=twitter

Chelsea interim first-team coach Roberto Di Matteo had little say over the decision to sign Werder Bremen playmaker Marko Marin.

It was on Saturday that it was confirmed the UEFA Champions League and FA Cup finalists had agreed a deal for the Germany international, despite at present not having a permanent manager.

Di Matteo has worked wonders since March having been appointed on a temporary basis until the summer and Sunday's 6-1 thrashing of QPR boosted his long-term credentials.

But whether or not the Italian does get the job, the signing of Marin should not be taken as any indicator.

It solely seems to represent more free-thinking from Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich, as Di Matteo said of the acquisition of Marin: "I tend to give my recommendation but, ultimately, the club decides who they want to sign.

"He's a very good player, technically very good, skilful.

"He will add some qualities to this team."

Good thing or a bad thing?

And don't they have a better Marin's picture to use?!!

Fantastic bit of business from whoever was responsible for this deal.

He has shown fantastic potential in previous season's but this season has gone off the boil a bit, perfect time to pounce at a cheap price. If we can't get the best out of him then he will probably get sold on at a similar price to what we brought him in with but if he performs and shine's with us then we have a bargain.

Very fast, has that ''small area'' dribbling. When in form, he can pass to anyone, even there is just a few inch of space.

Bad thing is he goes down fast. And injury or not, he didnt play much this season, that could lead to bad physical preparation. English league is hard and he will have to train in summer hard to gain stamina.

He's 23 and has a lot of time to get his career back on track. He may have lacked something in the last couple of years but so have Bremen in all honesty. This move is great business all round, hopefully he will improve like Ozil at a top club. Good age.

Exactly, if he's been bought it's obviously because our scouts see something in him. Plus he was playing really well before Ozil left. Ozil's departure meant he had to play behind the striker alot more and take on most of the creativity needs of the team. It was obviously too much of a burden as his performances went downhill. I think with better players around him and the fact he will be able to play as a winger will mean he will get better here.