Marko Marin

Melanicus

Half of the time it can be the teammate's fault. Werder Bremen are exactly settting the world alight.

Everyone said that Gary Cahill was mediocre, but now look at him.

Aye mate, but Marin has made a lot of mistakes, I never really liked the way he plays, hope he can improve in the Prem

I just have one, very small gripe about Marko (and no, it's not that he has effectively ended Salomon's career): I think he is just a German Daniel Sturridge. A great flat track bully (for non cricket fans, that roughly translates to one who has a blinder against lesser opposition or in favourable conditions such as playing at home but then bottles it away/against better teams) but he strikes me as the type to mope about if he doesn't get what he wants, and my German teacher back in high school who is a massive Werder fan who often criticised him for being selfish, though that was in 2009 so he may have changed.

It's the journos that are not focussing on transfers since the football season gives them enough to write about. The clubs are constantly busy with working on transfers and scouting players.

That is what I meant.

I think getting Marin will not end Kalou's Chelsea career, but rather Malouda's Chelsea career. Kalou is still a good squad/sub player to have. Although Kalou was complaining earlier in the year that he wants more playing time, so being a sub player may not be enough for him to be satisfied anymore.

I think getting Marin will not end Kalou's Chelsea career, but rather Malouda's Chelsea career. Kalou is still a good squad/sub player to have. Although Kalou was complaining earlier in the year that he wants more playing time, so being a sub player may not be enough for him to be satisfied anymore.

Exactly what I thought. If Di Matteo stays, then Malouda is definitely behind Kalou. Hopefully we get another signing to push both out.

I think you kind of answered your own question then.

That and even IF Torres finds his form, we still another striker as an option. Can't be flogging him to death like Rafa did at Liverpool.

We have just been warned by UEFA for breaking FFP rules...City too.

I have feeling we wont spend much, or we wont play in CL/EL next year...

Loads of BS from Daily Fail. It's not like we're not aware of it.

If Chelsea were to win the Champion's League surely they [uEFA] wouldn't have the nerve to kick Chelsea if they spend too much.

This Financial Fair Play stuff is rubbish, do you really think it will stop men like Silvio Berlusconi or Roman Abramovich, who have never failed to get exactly what they wanted when they want it? These are guys who happily evade tax and indulge in all sorts of illegal activities that could see them get some time in jail, if they can avoid getting caught over serious crimes like tax evasion and consorting with the Mafia, breaking football rules will be childs play for them. All of these tycoon owners probably already have hired platoons of creative accountants to mask any discrepancies, as if UEFA's financial investigators are going to be any better than those used at an international level.